Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat)

Ear Institute Of Texas
18518 Hardy Oak Blvd
Ste 300
Stone Oak, San Antonio, TX 78258
210-696-4327
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

|  Excellent Physician  |  show details
by Kelly on Aug 16th, 2013

I had a wonderful experience at the Ear Institute of Texas with Dr. Jackson and his staff. The front desk ladies are very friendly and answered any questions I had. The office is beautiful and very clean. Dr. Jackson is very knowledgeable, gentle, and cared for my condition. I would definitely recommend Dr. Jackson to any patient looking for an Otologist.

|  Big joke  |  show details
Jul 2nd, 2013

I went to see this doctor after being injured and he spent about 10 min. with me and said to go see a headache doctor. I had a hearing test and the audiologist made me cry. I've since heard from some others that this audiologist has a history of making patients cry. Why would someone keep this guy around???? Not only did this doctor miss my diagnosis, he never even attempted to make one. Oh, and they billed my insurance almost $1000.00 for this visit. After this visit my symptoms got much worse and I ended up in the ER in the middle of the night.....then, I found a REAL doctor that was able to help me.

|  rude office worker  |  show details
by MG on Jun 24th, 2013

I was referred to this doctor for testing. The problems are mostly with the office staff. I called to find out an update. I guess they assumed I was someone else as they said "she has cancelled every appointment she's ever made, when in fact they cancelled my appointments 24 hours prior to the actual date". On a previous phone call to the office the receptionist Rita didn't bother to put me on hold and I could hear conversations involving other patients on the phone. I'm quite sure that's a violation of HIPPA laws. On top of that I found her to be unprofessional as she complianed about how she was frustrated and complained about the calls she received- sorry ma'am i'm not your therapist.

|  My yearly Check up  |  show details
Nov 4th, 2012

I have gone to ENTs for over 40 years and I've had good and bad. Dr. Jackson I found was very knowledgeable and had a terrific bedside manner. He answered all my questions and was very gentle when debriding my ears. Yes they recommended a hearing test but only after I was seen by Dr. I did read on the form that yes you are responsible for a $75 cancellation fee if you don't give 24 hr cancellation notice. My total bill was about $800 expensive yes but not uncommon in this field. Will I return to this office yes and would I recommend others? Yes.

|  unnecessary hearing tests  |  show details
Oct 21st, 2012

I never actually saw Dr. Jackson, but I had a simple problem and the office staff decided to conduct MULTIPLE hearing tests without asking, I even had insurance but these unnecessary hearing tests cost me $500. Watch out for all the expensive hearing tests that probably aren't necessary and not covered by insurance. Shame on this office.

|  show details
Apr 4th, 2012

I like Dr. Jackson ok, and I think Rochele is super sweet, but some of the office staff are very rude. I was actually reduced to tears during some of the testing after being out right made fun of and insulted, because I was ill and very sluggish and disoriented at the time. I've also been told that I looked 'grumpy' before. This is never the case, but I suppose some of these people have no compassion or understanding when dealing with very sick patients.

|  Not impressed  |  show details
Mar 16th, 2012

I was not impressed with Dr. Jackson. He is cold and didn't seem to care about me or my condition. He seems to lack the ability to truly listen and rushed through my appointment when I know my problem is complex. I was there with a very acute problem needing help and he didn't seem concerned. He referred me to other physicians, one for each symptom I'm having as if I'm not a whole person. The medication he put me on made my condition much worse and I ended up in the emergency room. On top of that, his audiologist is rude and offensive. When I checked out, the woman was not helpful with my questions. I am not going back and am now going to a nationally known specialist in another state.

|  show details
Feb 4th, 2012

One of the top doctors in the US in his field therefore very busy. A kind and considerate care giver. Some of his staff could be better.

|  Questionable diagnosis  |  show details
Jan 25th, 2012

Tons of tests prior to actually seeing doctor, some of which seemed completely unnecessary as they had nothing to do with my symptoms. I had several instances of vertigo, which is something I'd NEVER had in my whole life (50 yr). After looking at results of tests and questioning me about symptoms, etc., doc couldn't pinpoint a diagnosis, so he attributed it to Migraine, which is common practice when you can't be sure of the cause of vertigo. I feel reasonably sure that this isn't an accurate diagnosis. In hindsight, I'd say that migraine didn't have anything to do with it. In fact, I think it was something he didn't even consider... antidepressant discontinuation (a fancy word for "withdrawal").

|  Dr. Jackson is a God send to my family.  |  show details
Sep 29th, 2011

My 18 year old son, Stefano, has lost his hearing several times in his youth and though he had been seen by one of San Antonios "best ENTs" his needs were never really met. His treatment consisted of continual tubes being put in his ears, avoiding all water, and an unending supply of antibiotics, rather than any preventative measures. I found Dr Jackson through Internet research and his treatment has kept my son well for four years now. He has treated his hearing and reasoned that his allergies needed to be treated in order to be well. Dr. Jackson's staff, audiologists, allergist, and Phisicians Assistants have always been great. Obviously he hires the cream of the crop since all are thorough and caring.In Feb i began experiencing vertigo, tinnitus, and ear fullness. I only had the confidence to see Dr. Jackson and with his advice, pt, and allergist I have experienced a huge reduction in episodes and feel that with his expertise I can live my life to the fullest. I appreciate his "whole" person treatment, I have had great success with my allergies, regained my hearing, and have enormous respect for the Physical therapist that is in his office.Oh, and the way the front desk accommodates in case of financial needs, or no appointment when it is an emergency, cannot be beat.If anyone has spent years not getting the help they need, Dr Jackson is a life send!

|  Assistants ONLY--NEVER met the Doctor!  |  show details
Nov 1st, 2010

From the first day, I was diagnosed by assistants-- I never met Dr Jackson even after 3 months of treatment, when I got worse and was finally referred to a neurologist. BUT they sure did charge my insurance EVERY time! I could have just gone to the corner clinic for this kind of treatment! And it would have been cheaper!

|  I will never go back  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2010

I had a very bad experience with this Doctors office. 54 and never written a bad review but cannot tell you how upset I am with them and my insurance provider. Maria from Dr. Jacksons office called Humana the day before my visit I assume to see what my coverage was. Maria spoke with Gerald at Humana. Gerald falsely told Maria my yearly deductible had been met when in fact it had not. No one at the Doctors office asked me. I tried to cancel my appointment the morning of my visit because I woke up and my ear was almost 100% better. Unemployed and wanted to save the $40.00 co-pay. Even though I was a new patient and had not signed their paperwork yet the receptionist said I would have to pay $50.00 for late cancellation notice. I told everyone there I was unemployed and only came in to save the $10.00. Well they performed over $500.00 worth of charges and tests (before seeing the doctor) when I told them I was almost 100% better. I assume because at that time they thought my yearly deductible had been met and would get 80% from insurance. When I questioned all the testing and I told them I felt better I was told on 3 different occasions by two people that all I had to pay was the $40.00 co-pay. Then 2 days later submit my charges to the insurance co. and insurance company tells them yearly deductible has not been met and the doctors office bills me $194.62. I write a 6 page letter to the Doctor and talk to office administrators and they say I have to pay the bill. Humana denies appeal even thought it is on record that their employee Gerald told the Doctors office that my yearly deductible had been met. Humana wants me to pay for their employees mistake and Dr. wants me to pay because legally I am responsible. Forget the moral issue that I tried to cancel my appointment because my ear was better and I only came into the office to save $10.00 because I am unemployeed. Now out of pocket expenses of $234.62. The office performed over $500.00 worth of testing to a patient that tried to cancel to save $10.00 and before the Doctor even saw me. Geez, give me a break!

|  Excellent ear specialist/ but not an Allergist  |  show details
by Sally D. on May 4th, 2010

Dr. Jackson is great however he performs intradermal skin testing for allergy before doing scratch testing. This is much more painfulthan scratch testing, much, much more expensive, and can give false positive results more frequently than scratch testing. see web site for the San Antonio Allergy Society - Practice guidelines (www.saaai.com)