Dr. Lance Siegel MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.5

October 5th, 2015
Terrible facility
Terrible wait times! How can you keep school age children 6 hours for a 20 minute visit with the dr. My son has had to miss two school days because appointments at this office. Never again! I would not recommend this place at all!

September 14th, 2015
my daughter was better off w/ blocked tear ducts
Dr. Siegel performed two tear duct surgeries on my daughter before she was 2yrs old. Since then her tear ducts are open but now she is cross eyed after the second surgery. I would definitely recommend that everyone keep your child away from this man. Since then i have switched her to loma linda in hopes a real professional can correct what he has done. He denied he caused her eyes to cross but my daughter was NOT born this way and her primary doctor can vouch for her.

April 23rd, 2015
What a horrible office. I have been trying to get my daughter in so her lazy eye could be fixed. First, I left numerous messages to make an appointment and no one called me back. I had to go down to the office to make an appointment 3 times. Each appointment set, my daughter didn't see the doctor because the first time, insurance supposedly expired, called the insurance company and they indicated my insurance was in place but the receptionist said we lost our appointment and had to reschedule. Second appointment, didn't see my daughter because they were overbooked and the wait would be about 4 hours. so I rescheduled. Third appointment was schedule at 8 am but I got a call indicating that my appointment was changed to 7 am. OK, go down there and the office doesn't open until 8 am REALLY! SO I waited, at check in I realized I can't find my insurance card. Now, my daughter can't be seen again. I called the insurance company, this time in front of the receptionist, and they said they will fax over a copy of the card and would like to speak to the receptionist to give clearance. The receptionist did not want to talk to the insurance company and said my daughter will not be seen period. He was so unprofessional and so rude. I have been trying to get this doctor to see my daughter for 10 months and for some reason it's not happening. I cannot believe that the doctor would keep such an unprofessional staff. Tried to post a negative on BBB but this Incorporation is not accredited by the Better Business Bureau. Good thing, because there would be a lot of complaints and fines. I do not recommend this doctor, even though he didn't see my daughter, just because of the unorganized, unprofessional and rude staff.

January 10th, 2015
Terrible Experience at Children's Eye Institute
Horrible place. Staff is rude and inefficient. Complaints about how ere were treated were ignored. An exam and dilation takes 2.5 hours anywhere else, here it takes more than 4 hours. Everything about this practice says that they do not respect their patients.

December 18th, 2014
Dr Siegel office refused medical care. The office staff and manager Jennifer was horrible. My daughter needs constant checkups. I reporting this office. Reading the other reviews it seems Dr. Siegel is to blame for allowing the bad behavior of his staff. This office doesn't put the children best interest first. I will never allow my child to be seen by this office again. I recommend to chose another doctor.
Unthinkable front office behavior. When you have children sick and are under stress because your child could loose their sight and experience rude treatment is unacceptable.

June 13th, 2014
He unnecessarily sics Child Protective Services on you.
I told Dr. Siegel's staff that I was taking my child to another ophthalmologist for a second opinion. That same day, Dr. Siegel contacted Child Protective Services and told them I was neglecting my child's eyes. This same Dr. Siegel previously told me he wanted to see my child every week until she is one year old. The new doctor examined my child's eyes and told me that the problem corrected itself and we wouldn't be needing to return for six months. It is apparent to me that Dr. Siegel's first interest is M-O-N-E-Y.

May 5th, 2014
Always an awful experience
I have 3yr old Twins, 7yr old daughter and a 9 year old son that see Dr. Siege. The staff is always rude and sarcastic. They don't have any.information on where to get prescription filled , it seems as if they are just doing a service to get paid no real concern for the patient. It's always over three hour wait. Then doctor only sees the for maybe five minutes. Also I get calls to reschedule appointments because doctor won't be in. Even one day prior to visit and I have to wait another 30 on top of the 90 days I already been waiting and planing the appointment. But when it is the patients needing to reschedule they want 48 h pop r notice even though I was getting admitted to the hospital for my asthma. I had to refuse care just rinse the appointment. I am not sure if the experience is due to me having medical and they feel I don't deserve respect. I hope to find a better optometry in the hi desert. all my kids still have same problems even after seeing home for three years.

July 25th, 2013
Saw Dr. once
The only time I saw Dr. Siegel was the first time I took my son to his office in Victorville. His staff is awful and are unwilling to work with you. When you need to reschedule they count that against you and if you miss or reschedule three appointments then they won't see you again. I do not recommend this doctor.

July 9th, 2013
Apalled and will never return
I took my nine year old daughter to Dr. Siegel's office in the High Desert. Upon arrival, I checked in and asked if I needed to fill out new patient forms. The receptionist gave me a bit of a snotty attitude, he told me to wait and have a seat. I waited for almost an hour before the receptionist gave me the necessary first time patient paperwork. About 20 minutes later the technician called her back. She was really nice and explained everything really well and made my daughter feel very comfortable. After asking me a few questions she asked me to take a seat in the lobby again. About 20 minutes later the PA called her back. He was very nice and professional and he explained he would be putting drops in her eyes to dilate them and she would be getting called back in about 45 minutes. He explained my daughter had chalazions on the bottom and top lid. Finally we were called back to see Dr. Siegel. He walked in and seemed to be in a rush and distracted. He introduced himself very sarcastically and asked my daughter a series of about 20 questions in a row without giving my daughter a chance to answer and then said. "Do you speak English? Oh you don't?? Oh well that's going to be a problem" I was quite skeptical and shocked at this point by his unprofessional bedside manner. He then began poking at her eye WITHOUT gloves on!! In a matter of seconds he began to squeeze her eye very aggressively with his BARE hand!! He must have stuck his fingernail in her eye because she began to bleed quite a bit. I asked him if he should be poking at patients eyes without anesthetic. He said he does sometimes. I was apalled!!! He then explained she needed to have them removed. The technician had only set up enough anesthetic for one lid. He began to numb the top lid. The technician then asked if she should get more anesthetic because she thought he was only going to remove the one on the top lid. He said "No its ok" He then partially numbed the bottom lid with whatever was left of the anesthetic from the top. To make a long story short, my daughter felt the whole procedure. To my horror she was not near numb. She felt when they shoved the forceps in her eye. She was screaming "stop it hurts, take it out!!" I walked out horrified and in shock. Never in my life have I experienced a situation like such. I don't care that I had to wait HOURS because I understand medical facilities are always busy but I did care when he put his filthy fingers in my daughters eye. Dr. Siegel obviously is not mindful of spreading bacteria and infecting people because of his lack of cleanliness and carelessness. I will never return to this office. The manager at this office is the rudest most unprofessional person I have ever dealt with. I will never recommend anyone to this office and I feel for the future babies/kids who have to see Dr. S.

July 30th, 2012
very rude and DENIED MEDICAL ATTENTION
I HAD MY APPT AT 9AM BESIDE THE WAIT IF 2-4 HOUR WAIT TIME IS HORRIBLE. I FILL OUT THE PAPER WORK AND WHEN I DO NOT PUT MY SONS FATHER INFORMATION AND I EXPLAIN TO THEM THAT I DON'T KNOW WHERE HE IS. THEY SAID THEY NEED COURT PAPERS TO PROVE THAT AND HIS FATHER INFORMATION IN ORDER TO BE SEEN MY THE DOCTOR . TO THAT IS WRONG AND DISCRIMINATION TO ALL THE SINGLE PARENTS. AND THEN NOT GIVING MY SON HIS MEDICAL ATTENTION VERY UNPROFESSIONAL AND AGAISNT THE LAE!!!!!!!

July 5th, 2012
Dr.Siegel is a horrible Doctor.
Does not attend patient.Dr.Siegel is a horrible Doctor.

September 20th, 2011
unbealivable!!! The office staff is down right rude and disrespectful!! I will never come here again and I will be sure to spread the word how awful this office is.