Dr. Lance Sloan MD Patient Reviews

2.9
  • 15 reviews

February 17th, 2017
Good doctor
Friendly staff, efficient PA, very good doctor. I was glad to be able to see Dr Sloan.

February 6th, 2017
The best doctor
I disagree with the reviews that I read about Dr Sloan. He is very knowledgeable and gave me the best medical treatment. I highly recommend Dr Sloan.

February 6th, 2017
Find another doctor
Absolutely the WORST experiences with this doctor and especially his staff. Your time is NOT important to this staff. Period. They are the rudest people I've ever encountered. After two years, have had enough and severed ties completely. If you choose to see him, good luck. You'll need it.

February 1st, 2017
Excellent doctor
Excellent doctor - really takes his time to assess and listen to all your concerns. I've recommended him to so many people.

February 1st, 2017
Passionated about medical care
I've been seeing Dr. Sloan for over a decade for thyroid management and he is a great doctor. He is truly passionate about the medical care and well-being of his patients and he stays up to date on the literature and the new treatment approaches. He is my favorite doctor

September 16th, 2015
Dr. Sloan
I think some of these reviews are rather harsh. His office staff isn't rude. They've all been very professional and courteous with me every time I've been to his office. He is as well, and he's very thorough. He listens to ALL if your concerns and treats what you need accordingly. His knowledge of his field in my opinion is superior, and so is his PA's, Judy. Yes, sometimes there us a wait, but that's part for the course with any Dr. Sometimes there isn't a wait. I will continue to use him as long as I reside in Lufkin. I've had my fair share of doctors and then some given how my life unfolded. I don't trust them easily, but I do trust Dr. Sloan and Judy. Truce given me no reason not to.

August 31st, 2015
Horrible bedside manner. The last time I saw him, he berated me and told me to do things I had already done. And he never gave me a chance to even tell him I was already doing what he "scolded" me about in the first place. I would much rather deal with his PA or NP, not sure what she is, but she is so much nicer and listens to my concerns.

June 25th, 2015
The doc spent about 5 min with me and wouldn't answer my questions. After now round of test he gave me a diagnosis that was dead wrong. I told them that, based on info from other specialist, this diagnosis was wrong. The office jus t told me that the doc didn't want to run any more test right now. So now I still have the problem and no solution. He was a complete waste of time and money.

April 15th, 2015
Beware! Do not waste your money and time!
The staff is very rude. After over an hour wait we saw the doctor and briefly. He does not make eye contact and only takes "one thing at a time" so do not go to this doctor if you have MULTIPLE issues happening at once. Scheduled an appointment with this doctor because mom was in severe pain. He ordered labs and x rays and then requested we follow up IN A MONTH! Who wants to wait a full month to start receiving meds to feel better? If you do then schedule and appointment with this doctor! They will not provide results over the phone. Make and appointment, wait another 2 hours to see the doctor, and all so they can tell you they don't have your results yet. Please dont waste your time, money and effort here. I should have heeded the other reviews for this doctor and his staff (who all mirror my same sentiments) and stayed far away from this headache. When your career includes customer service and depends on it... maybe its time for a change of attitude and staff.

June 24th, 2014
I use his assistant Dr. Judy the PA. She is one of the best in her field. I have never had any problems that she could not address. I like that she spends time for any questions that I might have during my appt.

July 8th, 2013
Extremely RUDE!
I didn't even bother to see the Dr. since his office staff was completely disrespectful, judgmental, and accusatory. I did not deserve the treatment I received and would caution anyone who has ANY dealings with that office.

July 8th, 2013
mrs
Maybe a smart man.. Totally a rude Dr. .The worst bedside manner(office manner). Have low blood pressure. Office nurse will take it 2 or 3 time because reading is so low. Then write how the highest reading. Was ask to keep records of reading at home but when brought in it he all but call me a lair because his office records showed it to be good.Always talking way above my head. Then gets upset if he ask to rexplain. Worst Dr ever. Look for a different one. I good thing is his office help is nice ..../