Dr. Lane Barton Is this you?

Neutral

Autism Spectrum Disorder

Autism Spectrum Disorder

April 22nd, 2010

personable, thorough, listens well, not easily distracted, cooperative with and supportive toward patient's family

April 16th, 2010

Unprofessional, unhelpful

At best Dr. Barton is guilty of intellectual laziness...at worst, his conduct warrants censure. Dr. Barton had the audacity to suggest I should seek other insurance and stop bothering my doctors, all the while I suffered through chronic back pain, and physical therapy did little to help. I was floundering in the Kaiser system. He then claimed, according to my PCP, that my pain was all in my head. Based on that conclusion, my PCP said he could do nothing for me and that I should find the answer to my pain in the halls of psychiatry. A few months afterwards, due to happenstance, I was put on a trial of prednisone for a skin condition...flash forward a couple of months and I was diagnosed with a type of arthritis. My pain management doctor still believes my previous injuries could have resulted in the type of pain I have, and is skeptical about the arthritis diagnosis. Dr. Barton? He's thankfully out of the picture. The thought of having medical care taken away, and being banished to psychiatric medication for pain relief, was a very difficult concept to accept. Luck played a major role in reversing that situation for me. It's one that I hope never is experienced by another patient.

July 21st, 2015