Overall Review

no change

October 22nd, 2016
Called yesterday for a long overdue appointment. Was told Dr. Mercer retired. Very sad to hear this. He's one of the few docs who took the time to talk and explain and effectively treat me. A loss for the medical community.

April 10th, 2016
Should never had surgery
Dr. Mercer, I had to go to him because he was the only urogynecologist in my insurance. He always seem lost if it was not for her nurse Kathy. I had surgery with him and he never mention that I will never be able to ride a bike except after the surgery also he never mention any complications that I found out he wrote in the OR report. 1/5

September 29th, 2013
Very smart, professional and easy going. Made me feel comfortable. Actually examined me instead of past docs who never even looked at me. Had answers to my questions too. Even gave me time to ask them. Gave me a lot of information about my issue. So glad he took his time. Will recommend him to others.

January 25th, 2013
Dr. Mercer performed my rectocyle 10 years ago. Since then, I have had no problems. I recently went to him because of ongoing UTI's, and his solution was right on target. I highly recommend this brilliant, compassionate physician. He is the perfect definition of "healer".

March 26th, 2010
Urogynecology?
I never heard of a urogynecologist before but Dr. Mercer must be the only one in the area. He has helped tremendously my incontinence and spasming WITHOUT surgery. I now have a life! Thank you so much.

March 3rd, 2010
Great Doctor
Dr. Mercer cured my chronic UTIs which required ongoing antibiotics. Up to then, no other urologist could figure out what was going on. I haven't been on antibiotics in years, thanks to him. Highly recommended.Just a comment to one of the other comments. Dr. Mercer is a big jolly fellow who loves jokes and is very down to earth. He is the opposite of the standoffish godlike physician. Sometimes he uses slang terms just to make you feel at ease, and that is fine with me. He really listens and is helpful. Highly recommend.

January 28th, 2010
susan beth k.
smart guy. provided a plan and fixed a problem made by two other docs (gyn and urologist). very approachable, too.

August 28th, 2009
finally found a good doc - a urogynecologist!
I prefer female physicians but Dr Mercer came highly recommended so I decided to make an appt. to see him. Two doctors (one a urologist, one an OB/GYN) were previously unable to figure out my problem of IC/vulvodynia. Dr. Mercer not only figured out my problem but has been successfully treating me. He is very smart and professional and understands patients who are in pain. He is respectful and kind. Thank goodness he moved to Florida to practice. We are lucky to have him.

July 23rd, 2009
Dr. Mercer was a life saver...
Dr. Mercer is an exceptional doctor in so many ways. His bedside manner was honest and attentive, and he was genuinely interested in helping me. After seeing so many other doctors who told me I had one problem that could not be fixed I went to Dr. Mercer. Within two minutes of meeting him Dr. Mercer recognized my problem for what it really was and started me on a treatment plan. Here we are, a year later, and I could not be happier. His obvious intelligence and vast knowledge of everything gynecologic is reassuring and impressive. If you really want an answer to your problems and are willing to do your part as the patient, Dr. Mercer is perfect!

July 21st, 2009
Rude and Crass
Dr. Mercer was insensitive about my personal problem. During the exam I felt manhandled and bullied. His bedside manner is rude and crass. He has a very unprofessional way of saying things. Instead of saying "don't have intercourse for 4 days" he said "don't stick anything in your vagina". Instead of saying "empty your bladder before we begin" he said "go pee". How sophmoric! What is he, 12 yrs old? I found another doctor the very next day and I'm very happy now.

June 16th, 2008
UH UH
I cannot agree with the reviews I have seen here. I was not helped by Dr. Mercer in the two years I went to him. Thank God for the internet where I found someone to treat my IC/PFD. I find this doctor anxious to do surgery when milder methods can and do work. As far as I can ascertain his specialty is Obstetrics/Gynecology, which might explain his limited knowledge in urology