Dr. Lane Sebring MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Wimberley, TX

November 22nd, 2016
This guy knows his stuff
I found this guy just in time, he helped me improve my lifestyle with nutrition. KETOSIS... reaching it at a whole new level. Where has this doc been my whole life, I'm a body builder so nutrition is extremely important. I plan to make him my Doctor, and personal trainer if he wouldn't mind.

November 22nd, 2016
Amazing and Knowledgable
This doctor is who I have prayed for, he is smart, he wants to get to the root of your health problems. He believes in healing the body instead of putting a bandaid on it. He had me in remission of my health problems in 6 months just by putting me on supplements and changing my diet. I strongly recommend this doctor if you want to get true healing the natural way without poisoning your body with drugs that affect other organs and create new problems.

October 27th, 2016
A Thorough and Knowledgable Doctor
I would highly recommend Dr. Sebring to any family or friends. I recommend calling in advance to set an appointment, since his schedule is quite busy, but he's worth the wait! What I really liked about Dr. Sebring is that he not only did a thorough examination, unlike a lot of doctors who are in and out in 3 minutes... He took his time to answer my questions, especially when it came to my diet. I've been struggling with hypertension and weight gain, and he gave me some great resources on how I can lose weight by adjusting my diet and lifestyle. I've decided to make Dr. Sebring my primary care physician - and am grateful for him and his staff.

September 19th, 2016
Great, well rounded clinic!
Visited Dr. Lane Sebring's office in Wimberley over the summer for an early diagnosis of cardio vascular disease. Started treatment the same day! I live in Texas and will be regularly commuting and following through with phone calls with their team. Can't say enough great things about Dr. Lane Sebring's clinic!

August 17th, 2016
Great for families
I took my family to Dr Lane Sebring after wanting to take control of my family's health and put us all on a better path to health. My wife and I both need to lose the weight and we dont want to set a bad example for our kids (3 and 5 yrs old) as they grow up. He set us up on a Paleo diet plan and a kid friendly version for our young ones. Dr Lane Sebring's service is highly recommended. Just set up an appointment time in advance with their front office so you don't have to wait too long.

July 6th, 2016
Well worth the drive
I'm from Lubbock and the trip to Dr Lane Sebring's office was worth the 6 hour trip. I go once a month and he's helped me reduce my weight substantially since going on the Paleo Diet. At first it was quite a bit of a change eating wise but it's all been for the better. Cholesteral is lower and my blood work looks better than it has ever been in my entire life.

October 29th, 2015
I like the Dr. Sebring has formed his practice around the Paleo Diet, which I have been advocating for a while now. I am from Austin, so the trip to Wimberly wasn't far. The whole experience was very good. It is apparent upon first meeting him that Dr. Sebring is very smart, as some have stated on this site already, and has a lot of experience with people that follow the same regiment that I do. Before going to him I did a little research and saw some of the videos online of him talking at Paleo conferences, and that was pretty much what convinced me. After having gone to him, I can say I wasn't at all disappointed.

April 9th, 2013
Best there is...
What I like most about Dr. S is that he gives me a choice in my treatment. He understands that my body will not tolerate Western Medicine and always has a remedy that will work for me. Sometimes he tells me that I need that antibiotic...and I take it. Yes, he is usually somewhat late to an appointment, but I know that he is spending the appropriate time with another patient and I can appreciate that too. I get the best of both worlds with him and that is what I need.

February 11th, 2013
We have been with Dr.Sebring for 14 years. What was once a good relationship with our doctor has disintegrated. In the past five years, both staff and doctor have changed. There is an indifference. Wait times went from long to longer. When Dr. Sebring finally arrives in the exam room, he spends more time sharing his own opinions and theories than listening to our concerns. RX refills for hormone therapy have a MANDATORY 2x a year lab work and follow up visits, a grand total of $1200 out-of-pocket annually for both of us. I have been misdiagnosed twice, resulting in extra expenses and wrong medications. Don't get me wrong, I believe Dr. Sebring is a brilliant man but I am just not certain he's a brilliant doctor. The clincher was when I telephoned to speak with Dr. Sebring about my husband who was recently diagnosed with cancer. He has been a patient with Dr. Sebring for 14 years. I was politely informed that Dr. Sebring DOES NOT speak with patients on the phone. I'd need to make an appointment. That basically told me what I already knew. The result is I am seeking a new family doctor for both of us.

September 20th, 2011
WRONG!
Dr. Sebring dispenses health advice which, if his patients would actually take it, is sage, smart, and informed. Yes, he provides 'natural remedies' for a number of problems. However his 'natural remedies' are more for helping individuals adjust to a healthier style of living. He prescribes antibiotics appropriately. He prescribes pain killers. He prescribes blood pressure medication, so he does NOT only do "herbal supplements" as some of the reviewers say below. He performs extremely thorough physicals, and empowers his patients with choices... You want to try an herbal supplement instead of a Pharmaceutical? He'll "prescribe" one, and then perform blood work again to see if it's actually working. Usually it does. Sometimes it doesn't. I appreciate the ability to choose. Go to any other doctor, and one doesn't have a choice. They drug you, and send you home. (The tests have already been done by the drug companies. No need to follow up with you, the patient!)Yes... his wait times SUCK. They're atrocious. But why? Because he spends a TON of time with his patients. Go and bring something to do. Know that you'll be late, but also know that you'll get a ton of personal attention when it comes to your turn.Yeah... he's a libertarian and he likes Rick Perry. I have to admit that creeps me out a bit.

February 4th, 2011
WAY PAST Herbal Remedies
After Dr. Sebring made his 'transformation' approximately 10 years ago, I decided I could no longer remain a patient. However, prior to his switch to the "all natural" care philosophy, he was a good family/general practitioner. It was totally inappropriate for MY particular lifelong diagnoses. In other words, my medical needs were and still remain FAR BEYOND herbal or 'natural' remedies.After having had a career within health care, I knew better...although others who must depend solely on the knowledge of their personal doctor, may not be aware of other options - perhaps more viable treatment(s).

April 27th, 2010
Poor Office Management and Too Many Patients
When I first started seeing Dr. Sebring his patient base was smaller and he remembered things about my case and spent adequate time discussing them with me. Now, he's rushed, distracted and I've waited just under two hours for him before (while hearing him chatting with the office staff right outside the door to my room about non-medical subjects).I have never once gotten a confirmation call on an appointment or had them call me with test results. It is usually a week or longer (sometimes not at all) that they take to return your calls, and the prices they charge are outrageous. (I had an ear wash out with hydrogen peroxide that insurance didn't cover come to me as a $85 bill)I have been mis-scheduled (and told it was my fault, quite rudely, though I very clearly had the date correctly, as I made the appointment the day before.), overcharged (and still not refunded after a year of asking) and the Doctor never has any memory of my case, even when I was visiting him every couple of weeks.I appreciate his desire to implement non-traditional solutions and approach things in a more natural way, but when I have to push for tests he should have suggested, and don't get a call back when the results were dangerous levels....something's wrong.I'll be looking for a new doctor.