Dr. Lane Sebring MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 18 reviews

November 22nd, 2016
This guy knows his stuff
I found this guy just in time, he helped me improve my lifestyle with nutrition. KETOSIS... reaching it at a whole new level. Where has this doc been my whole life, I'm a body builder so nutrition is extremely important. I plan to make him my Doctor, and personal trainer if he wouldn't mind.

November 22nd, 2016
Amazing and Knowledgable
This doctor is who I have prayed for, he is smart, he wants to get to the root of your health problems. He believes in healing the body instead of putting a bandaid on it. He had me in remission of my health problems in 6 months just by putting me on supplements and changing my diet. I strongly recommend this doctor if you want to get true healing the natural way without poisoning your body with drugs that affect other organs and create new problems.

October 27th, 2016
A Thorough and Knowledgable Doctor
I would highly recommend Dr. Sebring to any family or friends. I recommend calling in advance to set an appointment, since his schedule is quite busy, but he's worth the wait! What I really liked about Dr. Sebring is that he not only did a thorough examination, unlike a lot of doctors who are in and out in 3 minutes... He took his time to answer my questions, especially when it came to my diet. I've been struggling with hypertension and weight gain, and he gave me some great resources on how I can lose weight by adjusting my diet and lifestyle. I've decided to make Dr. Sebring my primary care physician - and am grateful for him and his staff.

September 19th, 2016
Great, well rounded clinic!
Visited Dr. Lane Sebring's office in Wimberley over the summer for an early diagnosis of cardio vascular disease. Started treatment the same day! I live in Texas and will be regularly commuting and following through with phone calls with their team. Can't say enough great things about Dr. Lane Sebring's clinic!

August 17th, 2016
Great for families
I took my family to Dr Lane Sebring after wanting to take control of my family's health and put us all on a better path to health. My wife and I both need to lose the weight and we dont want to set a bad example for our kids (3 and 5 yrs old) as they grow up. He set us up on a Paleo diet plan and a kid friendly version for our young ones. Dr Lane Sebring's service is highly recommended. Just set up an appointment time in advance with their front office so you don't have to wait too long.

July 6th, 2016
Well worth the drive
I'm from Lubbock and the trip to Dr Lane Sebring's office was worth the 6 hour trip. I go once a month and he's helped me reduce my weight substantially since going on the Paleo Diet. At first it was quite a bit of a change eating wise but it's all been for the better. Cholesteral is lower and my blood work looks better than it has ever been in my entire life.

December 30th, 2015
I just recently moved out of Texas, but used to use Dr. Lane Sebring as my primary doc. He helped me understand paleo really well and has gotten me on the right track as far as my health is concerned. I'm considering flying back in next time I need to make a doctors appointment.

October 29th, 2015
I like the Dr. Sebring has formed his practice around the Paleo Diet, which I have been advocating for a while now. I am from Austin, so the trip to Wimberly wasn't far. The whole experience was very good. It is apparent upon first meeting him that Dr. Sebring is very smart, as some have stated on this site already, and has a lot of experience with people that follow the same regiment that I do. Before going to him I did a little research and saw some of the videos online of him talking at Paleo conferences, and that was pretty much what convinced me. After having gone to him, I can say I wasn't at all disappointed.

June 8th, 2013
Similar experience
Dr. Sebring is brilliant doctor and is knowledgeable about things other doctors know nothing about, yet he is completely clueless about how to hire people that are able to manage his office professionally and in a way that his patients don't feel they are treated disrespectfully. The majority of the staff has always been either rude and uneducated or both. I've never been able to speak to Dr. Sebring on the phone, no matter the emergency. Either wait for an appointment or head for the ER. Appointments have unpredictable waits and the procedure for requesting refills can take forever. I hope you weren't in a hurry. I think all of these woes could be solved if he would hire a business consultant with PR experience in the health profession and then do exactly what they say. Instead, he gets sold on becoming a "Signature Doctor". From my experience so far, the main difference with this new venture is fancy brochures and a ridiculous price tag. Regardless of all of the above, my health is important to me and I continue to put up with all of this horrible customer service because he's the best of his kind in this area.

April 9th, 2013
Best there is...
What I like most about Dr. S is that he gives me a choice in my treatment. He understands that my body will not tolerate Western Medicine and always has a remedy that will work for me. Sometimes he tells me that I need that antibiotic...and I take it. Yes, he is usually somewhat late to an appointment, but I know that he is spending the appropriate time with another patient and I can appreciate that too. I get the best of both worlds with him and that is what I need.

February 11th, 2013
We have been with Dr.Sebring for 14 years. What was once a good relationship with our doctor has disintegrated. In the past five years, both staff and doctor have changed. There is an indifference. Wait times went from long to longer. When Dr. Sebring finally arrives in the exam room, he spends more time sharing his own opinions and theories than listening to our concerns. RX refills for hormone therapy have a MANDATORY 2x a year lab work and follow up visits, a grand total of $1200 out-of-pocket annually for both of us. I have been misdiagnosed twice, resulting in extra expenses and wrong medications. Don't get me wrong, I believe Dr. Sebring is a brilliant man but I am just not certain he's a brilliant doctor. The clincher was when I telephoned to speak with Dr. Sebring about my husband who was recently diagnosed with cancer. He has been a patient with Dr. Sebring for 14 years. I was politely informed that Dr. Sebring DOES NOT speak with patients on the phone. I'd need to make an appointment. That basically told me what I already knew. The result is I am seeking a new family doctor for both of us.

October 22nd, 2011
Bad office management
Dr Sebring is knowledgeable and easy to talk to. He is compassionate. However I have never waited less than 1 hour to see him and have waited as long as 3 hours. When I suggested that he review his scheduling practices, he seemed clueless that patients routinely wait an hour in the waiting room and up to an hour once they get into the exam room. Actually he seemed to know, but didn't care. Ultimately I had to change physicians due to this although I thought he was skillful and bright.