Dr. Lane Sebring, MD
Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

Great, well rounded clinic! show details Great, well rounded clinic!
by Emma on Sep 19th, 2016

Visited Dr. Lane Sebring's office in Wimberley over the summer for an early diagnosis of cardio vascular disease. Started treatment the same day! I live in Texas and will be regularly commuting and following through with phone calls with their team. Can't say enough great things about Dr. Lane Sebring's clinic!

Great for families show details Great for families
by Sean McCalister on Aug 17th, 2016

I took my family to Dr Lane Sebring after wanting to take control of my family's health and put us all on a better path to health. My wife and I both need to lose the weight and we dont want to set a bad example for our kids (3 and 5 yrs old) as they grow up. He set us up on a Paleo diet plan and a kid friendly version for our young ones. Dr Lane Sebring's service is highly recommended. Just set up an appointment time in advance with their front office so you don't have to wait too long.

Well worth the drive show details Well worth the drive
Jul 6th, 2016

I'm from Lubbock and the trip to Dr Lane Sebring's office was worth the 6 hour trip. I go once a month and he's helped me reduce my weight substantially since going on the Paleo Diet. At first it was quite a bit of a change eating wise but it's all been for the better. Cholesteral is lower and my blood work looks better than it has ever been in my entire life.

Dec 30th, 2015

I just recently moved out of Texas, but used to use Dr. Lane Sebring as my primary doc. He helped me understand paleo really well and has gotten me on the right track as far as my health is concerned. I'm considering flying back in next time I need to make a doctors appointment.

Dec 11th, 2015

I can see why Dr. Lane Sebring might not be for everyone, but I knew ahead of time that his particular style of treatment would make sense for me because I am an avid believer in listening to your body and giving it what it needs, and in a lot of cases I think that is the Paleo Diet. Dr. Lane knows that diet very well and we were on the same page during the visit. I will continue to use him as my doctor.

by Alex on Nov 13th, 2015

My experience at the Sebring Clinic was pretty great. It is located in a really nice area in between my home town of San Antonio and Austin, in a place called Wimberley. I have more recently been involved in the paleo lifestyle and I found the Paleo Pharmacy (which is connected to the Sebring Clinic) online. I felt like it was definitely worth checking out if anything. The more I had researched, the more I wanted to give Dr. Sebring a visit himself. Very smart, and very in tune with the body, more so than I have seen other doctors be. Happy to say I think he is a great fit for those looking to improve their lives.

Oct 29th, 2015

I like the Dr. Sebring has formed his practice around the Paleo Diet, which I have been advocating for a while now. I am from Austin, so the trip to Wimberly wasn't far. The whole experience was very good. It is apparent upon first meeting him that Dr. Sebring is very smart, as some have stated on this site already, and has a lot of experience with people that follow the same regiment that I do. Before going to him I did a little research and saw some of the videos online of him talking at Paleo conferences, and that was pretty much what convinced me. After having gone to him, I can say I wasn't at all disappointed.

Similar experience show details Similar experience
by Patient for years on Jun 8th, 2013

Dr. Sebring is brilliant doctor and is knowledgeable about things other doctors know nothing about, yet he is completely clueless about how to hire people that are able to manage his office professionally and in a way that his patients don't feel they are treated disrespectfully. The majority of the staff has always been either rude and uneducated or both. I've never been able to speak to Dr. Sebring on the phone, no matter the emergency. Either wait for an appointment or head for the ER. Appointments have unpredictable waits and the procedure for requesting refills can take forever. I hope you weren't in a hurry. I think all of these woes could be solved if he would hire a business consultant with PR experience in the health profession and then do exactly what they say. Instead, he gets sold on becoming a "Signature Doctor". From my experience so far, the main difference with this new venture is fancy brochures and a ridiculous price tag. Regardless of all of the above, my health is important to me and I continue to put up with all of this horrible customer service because he's the best of his kind in this area.

Best there is... show details Best there is...
by Cindy S. on Apr 9th, 2013

What I like most about Dr. S is that he gives me a choice in my treatment. He understands that my body will not tolerate Western Medicine and always has a remedy that will work for me. Sometimes he tells me that I need that antibiotic...and I take it. Yes, he is usually somewhat late to an appointment, but I know that he is spending the appropriate time with another patient and I can appreciate that too. I get the best of both worlds with him and that is what I need.

Feb 11th, 2013

We have been with Dr.Sebring for 14 years. What was once a good relationship with our doctor has disintegrated. In the past five years, both staff and doctor have changed. There is an indifference. Wait times went from long to longer. When Dr. Sebring finally arrives in the exam room, he spends more time sharing his own opinions and theories than listening to our concerns. RX refills for hormone therapy have a MANDATORY 2x a year lab work and follow up visits, a grand total of $1200 out-of-pocket annually for both of us. I have been misdiagnosed twice, resulting in extra expenses and wrong medications. Don't get me wrong, I believe Dr. Sebring is a brilliant man but I am just not certain he's a brilliant doctor. The clincher was when I telephoned to speak with Dr. Sebring about my husband who was recently diagnosed with cancer. He has been a patient with Dr. Sebring for 14 years. I was politely informed that Dr. Sebring DOES NOT speak with patients on the phone. I'd need to make an appointment. That basically told me what I already knew. The result is I am seeking a new family doctor for both of us.

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Bad office management show details Bad office management
Oct 22nd, 2011

Dr Sebring is knowledgeable and easy to talk to. He is compassionate. However I have never waited less than 1 hour to see him and have waited as long as 3 hours. When I suggested that he review his scheduling practices, he seemed clueless that patients routinely wait an hour in the waiting room and up to an hour once they get into the exam room. Actually he seemed to know, but didn't care. Ultimately I had to change physicians due to this although I thought he was skillful and bright.

WRONG! show details WRONG!
Sep 20th, 2011

Dr. Sebring dispenses health advice which, if his patients would actually take it, is sage, smart, and informed. Yes, he provides 'natural remedies' for a number of problems. However his 'natural remedies' are more for helping individuals adjust to a healthier style of living. He prescribes antibiotics appropriately. He prescribes pain killers. He prescribes blood pressure medication, so he does NOT only do "herbal supplements" as some of the reviewers say below. He performs extremely thorough physicals, and empowers his patients with choices... You want to try an herbal supplement instead of a Pharmaceutical? He'll "prescribe" one, and then perform blood work again to see if it's actually working. Usually it does. Sometimes it doesn't. I appreciate the ability to choose. Go to any other doctor, and one doesn't have a choice. They drug you, and send you home. (The tests have already been done by the drug companies. No need to follow up with you, the patient!)Yes... his wait times SUCK. They're atrocious. But why? Because he spends a TON of time with his patients. Go and bring something to do. Know that you'll be late, but also know that you'll get a ton of personal attention when it comes to your turn.Yeah... he's a libertarian and he likes Rick Perry. I have to admit that creeps me out a bit.

WAY PAST Herbal Remedies show details WAY PAST Herbal Remedies
Feb 4th, 2011

After Dr. Sebring made his 'transformation' approximately 10 years ago, I decided I could no longer remain a patient. However, prior to his switch to the "all natural" care philosophy, he was a good family/general practitioner. It was totally inappropriate for MY particular lifelong diagnoses. In other words, my medical needs were and still remain FAR BEYOND herbal or 'natural' remedies.After having had a career within health care, I knew better...although others who must depend solely on the knowledge of their personal doctor, may not be aware of other options - perhaps more viable treatment(s).

Poor Doctoring show details Poor Doctoring
by wimberleydude on Dec 30th, 2010

Don't waste your time with Dr. Sebring. I've heard he used to be a great doctor, but now the waits are 2 hours, and when he finally sees you, he'll talk about government politics and repeat the same stories of past patients over and over. He seems distracted and not able to focus. Seems his answer for all health problems is the paleo diet, so if you're sick just start eating the paleo diet and don't bother seeing this doctor.

Poor Office Management and Too Many Patients show details Poor Office Management and Too Many Patients
by Sick and Tired of Being Sick on Apr 27th, 2010

When I first started seeing Dr. Sebring his patient base was smaller and he remembered things about my case and spent adequate time discussing them with me. Now, he's rushed, distracted and I've waited just under two hours for him before (while hearing him chatting with the office staff right outside the door to my room about non-medical subjects).I have never once gotten a confirmation call on an appointment or had them call me with test results. It is usually a week or longer (sometimes not at all) that they take to return your calls, and the prices they charge are outrageous. (I had an ear wash out with hydrogen peroxide that insurance didn't cover come to me as a $85 bill)I have been mis-scheduled (and told it was my fault, quite rudely, though I very clearly had the date correctly, as I made the appointment the day before.), overcharged (and still not refunded after a year of asking) and the Doctor never has any memory of my case, even when I was visiting him every couple of weeks.I appreciate his desire to implement non-traditional solutions and approach things in a more natural way, but when I have to push for tests he should have suggested, and don't get a call back when the results were dangerous levels....something's wrong.I'll be looking for a new doctor.

very appreciative patient show details very appreciative patient
Feb 8th, 2010

I was dealing with a medical problem for many years and did not find a doctor that understood my problem and could help me. Dr.Sebring understood what the problem was and explained it to me so it made prefect sense and he described all my symptoms and some others I did not know was part of my problem. He showed a way to fix it and I can now do it myself if it ever comes back.

The wait is worth it show details The wait is worth it
by Sandy Zellers Tolson on Nov 13th, 2009

Depending on the time of day your appointment is, there is often a wait time. This is because Dr. Sebring takes time with each patient. He is not one of those 5 minute docs! He is caring, knowledgeable and well worth the wait. Just take a good book and you will be glad you spend the time.