Dr. Langston Holly Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Langston Holly?

Fabulous experience!

Posted on August 29th, 2017

Personal, informative, well-trained, understanding. It doesn't get any better.

5 Star Surgeon!

Posted on June 14th, 2017

Dr. Holly performed a laminectomy, placed rods and screws in my L4-L5 and a bone fusion (no extra surgery to get bone! Dr. Holly did a fantastic job - I was up walking within 24 hours of my minimally invasive surgery...no pain! That was in 2005 and to this day...I still have Dr. Holly to thank for giving my life back to me! Dr. Holly is a terrific surgeon!

I want to thanks Dr. Holly for his life long Desired to be the best Spinal surgeon .. His dedication to his specialty has given Me complete relief from my Spinal condition. I can't thank you enough... God Bless....

Posted on June 10th, 2017

Complicated surgery

Posted on March 21st, 2017

I saw 3 surgeons before finding Dr. Holly. None of them wanted to operate on me, due to the complicated surgery required, but did not say that, just scared me to death by telling me what they might do. Dr. Holly inspired hope and confidence right away. I had a schwannoma - a benign tumor composed of nerve cells - that had grown inside my 5th lumbar vertebrae and eroded that bone from the inside, leaving me at high risk for a fracture/collapse. Dr. Holly and an associate performed a 10-hour surgery, first posterior then anterior approach, to remove the vertebra and tumor, then re-engineer my spine with a "spacer" to replace the vertebra and rods/screws to stabilize with 2-level fusion L4-S1. I am so thankful to have found Dr. Holly! There are never any guarantees with these complex cases, but Dr. Holly is an excellent surgeon and up to the task. I have also found him to be very caring and compassionate, and his assistant Carrie has always been truly great in the customer service department. I appreciate and have highest respect for them both. I live in Nevada so must travel to UCLA Santa Monica to see Dr. Holly but for me it has been so "worth it."

Posted on January 3rd, 2017

I was suffering from sciatic pain due to lower back issues. I had several other neurosurgeons tell me that I needed to have major,surgery with at least a,Year recovery and significant risk. Due to my high level,of activity Dr. Holly suggested with attempt a much less invasive outpatient procedure. That was music to my ears. I had the procedure and I am 80% better. Dr Holly assured me that I will continue to improve as my nerves continue to reginerate. I was very happy with my decision!

Posted on October 17th, 2015

Went in for spine surgery. Spent 5 minutes with me. After the surgery still in pain. A year later the surgery needs to be redone. Going to see another surgeon who can explain things to me better and spend more time answering my questions.

Incompetent !!!!!

Posted on May 26th, 2015

Aloof and unavailable and poor bedside manner!! Feel much worse after my back surgery and am on more pain meds!

Posted on May 25th, 2015

He is a second rate surgeon and my outcome was horrible!!!!!!!

Posted on March 25th, 2015

Dr. Holly twice performed very difficult and time consuming surgeries on my daughter, greatly improving the quality of her remaining life.

Not enough time

Posted on February 5th, 2015

I like Dr. Holly's bedside manner, and from what I understand, he's a top notch surgeon. But after two "consultations" I had to write a review. This might be more a problem with the Spine Center than with him personally, but here goes. It took me 3 months to get a morning appointment with him( he only sees repeat patients on Tuesday). He was running more than an hour late( yes, at 9:30 am!) Then, after a three month wait, then an hour wait, he spent LESS than 5 minutes with me. Did not go over my MRI's, just told me I'm not a surgical candidate. While I'm happy to hear he doesn't believe I need surgery, I would have LOVED to have received a little more info than that. This is what I waited for?? Why bother?

Dr. Holley is an excellent Surgeon.

Posted on July 16th, 2014

Extraordinary Doctor

Posted on June 13th, 2013

I can't say enough positive things about Dr Holly. I just went through a surgery with him that could have been very difficult. He made it easy as he was totally present and walked me through the issues and possible outcomes. Due to my increasing pain, we decided to go ahead with the removal of a growth on a nerve in my lower back inside the dura. The surgery was totally successful, all my pain gone, and I'm totally healed with no ill effects. I told him I thought he was a miracle worker....but in truth, he's just a highly qualified and competent surgeon in an area of surgery that requires extensive training and careful approach. He was conservative in his recommendations initially, didn't rush me into surgery. But eventually, with an MRI and increasing pain, we decided together to go forward. Thank God for such a surgeon! His bedside manner was great, big smiles, high energy...he just exudes confidence that spills over to the patient.