Dr. Langston Holly MD Patient Reviews

3.4
  • 10 reviews

October 16th, 2015
Went in for spine surgery. Spent 5 minutes with me. After the surgery still in pain. A year later the surgery needs to be redone. Going to see another surgeon who can explain things to me better and spend more time answering my questions.

May 26th, 2015
Incompetent !!!!!
Aloof and unavailable and poor bedside manner!! Feel much worse after my back surgery and am on more pain meds!

May 24th, 2015
He is a second rate surgeon and my outcome was horrible!!!!!!!

March 25th, 2015
Dr. Holly twice performed very difficult and time consuming surgeries on my daughter, greatly improving the quality of her remaining life.

February 4th, 2015
Not enough time
I like Dr. Holly's bedside manner, and from what I understand, he's a top notch surgeon. But after two "consultations" I had to write a review. This might be more a problem with the Spine Center than with him personally, but here goes. It took me 3 months to get a morning appointment with him( he only sees repeat patients on Tuesday). He was running more than an hour late( yes, at 9:30 am!) Then, after a three month wait, then an hour wait, he spent LESS than 5 minutes with me. Did not go over my MRI's, just told me I'm not a surgical candidate. While I'm happy to hear he doesn't believe I need surgery, I would have LOVED to have received a little more info than that. This is what I waited for?? Why bother?

June 12th, 2013
Extraordinary Doctor
I can't say enough positive things about Dr Holly. I just went through a surgery with him that could have been very difficult. He made it easy as he was totally present and walked me through the issues and possible outcomes. Due to my increasing pain, we decided to go ahead with the removal of a growth on a nerve in my lower back inside the dura. The surgery was totally successful, all my pain gone, and I'm totally healed with no ill effects. I told him I thought he was a miracle worker....but in truth, he's just a highly qualified and competent surgeon in an area of surgery that requires extensive training and careful approach. He was conservative in his recommendations initially, didn't rush me into surgery. But eventually, with an MRI and increasing pain, we decided together to go forward. Thank God for such a surgeon! His bedside manner was great, big smiles, high energy...he just exudes confidence that spills over to the patient.

May 15th, 2013
Performs unnecessary surgery without patients consent
Dr. Holly has outrightly permanently altered my spine and performed a life altering surgery on me in the most outrageous way, In interest of the titanium and the residents he is in charge of training. The incision he made on my spine was over 10 inches long, and jacket. I was stapled shut with 33 staples. He did not obtain my informed consent. He cut into my body like I was a piece of wood, Disrespecting all the muscles, ligaments and functional and stabilizing Parts of my spine. I sustained a wound infection and my fascia split open. My spine was sticking out of my upper back like dragon scales, And I couldn't hold my head up. This was all because of a trauma to one cervical vertebrae, he cut open my entire neck and my upper back. When I brought all this to his attention numerous times he failed to answer any of my questions or concerns. His bedside manner is terrible. He is hedonistic and chauvinistic and arrogant. He acts afraid of being sued. The first time that I met him was three weeks after the two fusion surgeries he and his residents Performed on me without my consent for 10 hrs. I was hospitalized for a week and lost 20 pounds In that week. I was bleeding and bags of pus and blood but they change daily. He's a very cold person who doesn't have a heart. His interest is in training the resident doctors that he teaches, Not in treating the patient and the best interest of the patient. I had so many questions about why they performed that surgery, why the incision was jacket in so long, why my spine was sticking out of my body, why he fused for bones and why I was in so much pain. Why I couldn't move my shoulder. He never answered any of my questions, and as a matter of fact, he abandoned care for me because I was asking too many questions. He advertises himself as minimally invasive surgeon. Well he did a maximum invasive surgery on me. He should know to never underestimate those who he scars and injures, because Karma will come back to him hard three times more.

June 9th, 2010
A good doctor when you need one.
He was the doctor when I needed a second opinion.He is very knowledgeable and carried himself with a professional manner.He described his finding clearly, suggested multiple optios, and example each optioal rationally. At the end I chose him as the doctor treating me.

November 15th, 2008
Great Doctor
Dr. Holly is an extremely kind and friendly doctor. He is very patient and has an excellent bedisde manner. He is a very conservative and skilled surgeon, whose patients do very well following surgery. His office staff is attentive and courteous.

October 22nd, 2008
Do not ask this doctor questions
Very arrogant and has to be totally in charge at all times. Insensitive bed side manner. Appears so lawsuit adverse that he allows that and his insecurities to dominate which is reflective in his need to be in absolute control. His surgical skills are good, but this man needs some sensitivity training.