Dr. Langston Ryan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Langston Ryan?

Urinary Incontinence

Urinary Incontinence

Have you seen Dr. Langston Ryan?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 16th, 2016

I am irrationally scared of doctors, but my husband insisted I get regular check ups. I arrived at Dr. Ryan with some general complaints I attributed to getting older (I'm 35). He did the most thorough health history I have ever had, coupled with the most thorough exam. Turns out I had cancer, surprise! His nurse and his staff and the Dr helped me through decisions I had to make, and a hysterectomy. He saw me personally, the care he chose was the least invasive he could do while still being very thorough. I am convinced if my husband had not scheduled my appointment with Dr. Ryan it would have been much longer before a doctor figured out I had cancer. Surgery was easy, and I was well looked after by the doctor and by the nursing staff. Recovery so far has been easy and uneventful. My scars look beautiful and healed nicely and are barely noticeable (a plus since my husband is not a fan of scars). The pathology reports matched exactly with what the doctor diagnosed, and his recommended treatment plan. He offered consultations with other doctors any time we had questions, and consulted with an oncologist to be sure I was getting accurate treatment. He was a God send, so far as I can tell.

April 27th, 2016

Entirely too rough on gyn and breastfeeding ezam. Will not return to him.

July 10th, 2015

Great quality of care, service, and surgery.

July 25th, 2014

Poor Bedside Manner

I would not recommend Dr. Ryan. His bedside manner was very cold and he didn't seem really care about my medical problem. He had poor eye contact and seemed like he would rather be elsewhere during our conversation. I will not be returning to see Dr. Ryan in the future and I do not recommend him as a doctor.

September 25th, 2013

Love Dr. Ryan

I saw Dr. Ryan for years. He was my physician when I became seriously ill and had to deliver my son @ 27 weeks. He and FaithAnn were AMAZING through this. He handed me over to an equally amazing Perinatologist. He may not always stick around to "chat," but he cares and will take the time if you need it. I can't say enough positive things.

July 9th, 2013

VBAC'S

After having a cesarean with my first I wanted to have a vaginal birth after cesarean with my second. He said he was fully supportive.... Then at 34 weeks it became apparent that he was NOT vbac friendly at all and all of a sudden having a vbac was dangerous am not recommended (I was having a healthy pregnancy). He asked me at my next 3 appointments if I was having my tubes tied. I actually told my husband to make sure that it was crystal clear that I was NOT bc of the repetitive pushiness to do this. The at my 38 week appt he scheduled a repeat c/s... Therefore, I felt the need and showed up ready to deliver my 1st vbac so they couldn't intervene. I stupidly stayed (10 years total) and it was the same song and dance, even after having a wonderful vbac, when I was pregnant with my third child. He started to pressure a c/s!! I switched to the UNT Midwives that practice at Harris Downtown and they really do have vbac's. Faith Ann is wonderful, but sea not the one or the group that has the high c/s rate and refuses vbac's. you should never stay bc you feel bonded with the nurse. My recommendation: go to a 100% truly vbac supportive group not this one! UNT Midwives at Harris FW, CPM Midwives in the local area or just the handful of OB's who actually have a good vbac rate. Research! If you want a vbac you have to know the real stats or your OB will run you over with it if he/she isn't truly vbac supportive. I hope this helps someone make a switch. Ask what each Dr in the practice cesarean rate AND vbac rate is, it's important!

June 26th, 2013

Don't recommend

One of the worst doctors I have ever met. Insensitive. No respect or passion.

January 28th, 2013

Very great doctor

I have had Dr. Ryan as my doctor since my second son. I felt very comfortable with him and he shows a lot of concern for his patients. I recommend him for anyone!

July 4th, 2012

Great doctor! He has great bedside manner and is able to lay out the options for you clearly. He is someone I trust completely. His nurse, Faith Anne, is equally as amazing! I highly, highly recommend him!

July 3rd, 2012

RUDE!

I had to see Dr. Ryan today because my regular OBGYN was out of pocket. I have never met this man in my life and all he did was tell me that I was doing everything in my pregnancy wrong. After telling me all the wrong that I was doing, he offered up zero "fixes" or pieces of advice. Needless to say, when I made my next appointment, I requested that I never have to see him again. He did not seem caring at all. I understand that doctors are supposed to help you see what you're doing wrong, but they are also supposed to help you out when you're having a hard time. They should also be able to give bad news and cures in a positive and encouraging way -- especially when you're dealing with pregnancy hormones and feeling self-conscious about your ever growing body.

September 29th, 2008

Wonderful Doctor!

I went to him for both of my pregnancies and in between. He really takes the time to listen and is generally concerned with his patients well being.

March 20th, 2017