Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

River Hills
Women's Health Medical Group
6100 Harris Pkwy
Ste 140
Fort Worth, TX 76132
817-346-5336
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Poor Bedside Manner  |  show details
Jul 25th, 2014

I would not recommend Dr. Ryan. His bedside manner was very cold and he didn't seem really care about my medical problem. He had poor eye contact and seemed like he would rather be elsewhere during our conversation. I will not be returning to see Dr. Ryan in the future and I do not recommend him as a doctor.

|  Love Dr. Ryan  |  show details
by Kate P. on Sep 25th, 2013

I saw Dr. Ryan for years. He was my physician when I became seriously ill and had to deliver my son @ 27 weeks. He and FaithAnn were AMAZING through this. He handed me over to an equally amazing Perinatologist. He may not always stick around to "chat," but he cares and will take the time if you need it. I can't say enough positive things.

|  VBAC'S  |  show details
by Deb on Jul 9th, 2013

After having a cesarean with my first I wanted to have a vaginal birth after cesarean with my second. He said he was fully supportive.... Then at 34 weeks it became apparent that he was NOT vbac friendly at all and all of a sudden having a vbac was dangerous am not recommended (I was having a healthy pregnancy). He asked me at my next 3 appointments if I was having my tubes tied. I actually told my husband to make sure that it was crystal clear that I was NOT bc of the repetitive pushiness to do this. The at my 38 week appt he scheduled a repeat c/s... Therefore, I felt the need and showed up ready to deliver my 1st vbac so they couldn't intervene. I stupidly stayed (10 years total) and it was the same song and dance, even after having a wonderful vbac, when I was pregnant with my third child. He started to pressure a c/s!! I switched to the UNT Midwives that practice at Harris Downtown and they really do have vbac's. Faith Ann is wonderful, but sea not the one or the group that has the high c/s rate and refuses vbac's. you should never stay bc you feel bonded with the nurse. My recommendation: go to a 100% truly vbac supportive group not this one! UNT Midwives at Harris FW, CPM Midwives in the local area or just the handful of OB's who actually have a good vbac rate. Research! If you want a vbac you have to know the real stats or your OB will run you over with it if he/she isn't truly vbac supportive. I hope this helps someone make a switch. Ask what each Dr in the practice cesarean rate AND vbac rate is, it's important!

|  Don't recommend  |  show details
Jun 26th, 2013

One of the worst doctors I have ever met. Insensitive. No respect or passion.

|  Very great doctor  |  show details
by Courtney on Jan 28th, 2013

I have had Dr. Ryan as my doctor since my second son. I felt very comfortable with him and he shows a lot of concern for his patients. I recommend him for anyone!

|  show details
Jul 4th, 2012

Great doctor! He has great bedside manner and is able to lay out the options for you clearly. He is someone I trust completely. His nurse, Faith Anne, is equally as amazing! I highly, highly recommend him!

|  RUDE!  |  show details
Jul 3rd, 2012

I had to see Dr. Ryan today because my regular OBGYN was out of pocket. I have never met this man in my life and all he did was tell me that I was doing everything in my pregnancy wrong. After telling me all the wrong that I was doing, he offered up zero "fixes" or pieces of advice. Needless to say, when I made my next appointment, I requested that I never have to see him again. He did not seem caring at all. I understand that doctors are supposed to help you see what you're doing wrong, but they are also supposed to help you out when you're having a hard time. They should also be able to give bad news and cures in a positive and encouraging way -- especially when you're dealing with pregnancy hormones and feeling self-conscious about your ever growing body.

|  Wonderful Doctor!  |  show details
Sep 29th, 2008

I went to him for both of my pregnancies and in between. He really takes the time to listen and is generally concerned with his patients well being.