Dr. Lanny Xue MD Patient Reviews

2.9

June 16th, 2015
Complete waste of time
My dad was referred to Dr. Xue after we noticed his memory failing and behavior changing. Several family members have died with dementia and we suspected he was beginning to show cognitive impairment due to dementia. My dad saw Dr. Xue several times over the past 18 months. He was prescribed a very low dose of one of the Alzheimers drugs, but other than that, Dr. Xue has not offered any other treatment options. Eventually I got hold of Dr. Xue's notes on my dad's visits and discovered that he was not recording any of the important information my parents were telling him - about the family history, problems driving, hallucinations, etc. He actually wrote that there was no contributory family history. When my mom asked about increasing my dad's dose of the medication, he would not consider giving the long acting version, saying that the pharmaceutical companies were just trying to make money. Instead he wanted my dad to remember to take a second pill later in the day. He also ordered MRIs for my dad twice over a 5 month time frame, and when asked how the second one compared to the first one, he said he didn't have the first one. He never administered any of the standard cognitive or blood tests to diagnose dementia. We understand there is no cure for most forms of dementia, but there are treatment options that can help slow it down. Dr. Xue seemed to have no interest in helping my dad. I would not recommend him.

May 5th, 2015
Dr Lanny Xue. worst Dr. I have ever been seen by.
I will never see him again, he was awe full. After keeping me in the hospital 6 days for a 5 day drip that he said works every time, except this time. he showed up on day 6 and said " you still here?" i said yes. he said 'head still hurt?" i said yes... he laughed and said " all that time a waist" and he walked away.

July 22nd, 2013
Wants you out the door fast
I went to this doctor after my primary care doctor recommended him based on continuing Lyme and a fear of Parkinson's. I felt like I was on a stopwatch, He leads down the hall like he is on a track meet and then rushes you through with zero bedside manner. His creditails are good from NYU, but he must been good in academics. No wonder it is easy to book an appoitment. He certainly has no appeal as a person let alone a doctor - STAY AWAY

January 29th, 2013
I have had migraines for over 20 years, and am looking for a dr that can think outside the box since nothing else seems to be working. Unlike previous reviewer, Topomax worked for me for 4-5 years but has since stopped. I tried acupuncture, magnet therapy, a gluten-free diet, beta blockers, you name it. I use cranio-sacral therapy now, but I draw the line at the Botox Dr Xue assumed I would be willing to inject in my head. I brought 2 CAT scans with me and he wanted me to get another. No way, too much radiation and too much money for the same result. So he added another med, which is the opposite of what I want to do. 23 years of meds have to be wreking havoc on my system. And then he has the gall to say "I have patients who have it much worse than you." How would you know, you never even asked me about my life or pain levels? No, I def don't recommend this doctor.

September 25th, 2012
Great bedside manner
I found Dr. Xue quite nice and very thorough. I never felt rushed. He was extremely patient and answered all questions. will continue to see him as needed.