Dr. Lara Burrows MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 8th, 2017
FABULOUS DOC
She left practice a few years ago; I miss her dearly.

February 25th, 2014
Great doctor who is no longer seeing patients
She is a wonderful physician who specialized in an area of gynecology not many are familiar with. Unfortunately she left private practice last fall, taking an administrative position somewhere. Big loss for the Akron area for women who need her specialized medical care.

February 25th, 2014
Great doctor who is no longer seeing patients

May 18th, 2013
great doc
If you have a problems with you vulva, she's the doc!

April 7th, 2013
Dr. Burrows is a fantastic doctor. She definitely knows her stuff but can sometimes come off a bit brash. I would definitely recommend her to anyone with vulva pain. I spent years and years with painful OB-GYN visits and then found out I had pain with sex too and Dr. Burrows took the time to talk to me and sympathize with me. Finally after years of thinking it was all in my head, Dr. Burrows gave me answers... vaginimus and vulvodynia. Something else that is great about Dr. Burrows is that she knows who the experts are in their fields. She will get you connected with the best people able to help you. One of the people she got me connected with is Janine Laughlin for physical therapy. The only things I would watch for is I have had a couple blood tests done at Dr. Burrows request and ended up paying over $600 out-of-pocket for each test. When Dr. Burrows suggested getting a third blood test done I told her I just couldn't afford all these blood tests (especially so close together) and when I told her how much I was having to pay she acted as if she didn't know how much they cost. So, sometimes you just have to remind her of what you are able to afford to do financially. Also, I'm not a fan of Dr. Burrows assistant at all. (I think her name is Ann.) She is rude. And, if you call in to request that Dr. Burrows call you to answer some questions when she gets a minute, you will get a call back from Ann. Yes, I realize Dr. Burrows is very busy but I would like to speak with her directly.

March 19th, 2013
Would Highly Recommend!
To anyone with any vulvar problem, she got rid of my pain and itching.

March 19th, 2013
Would Highly Recommend!
To anyone with any vulvar problem, she got rid of my pain and itching.

July 3rd, 2012
Top Doc
I see her in Akron. an underserved area where she takes every insurance under the sun. We are so grateful!

July 3rd, 2012
Top Doc

June 28th, 2012
Great Doc!
I am thrilled that I saw this doctor; she is caring and spent lots of time. Would highly recommend!

June 28th, 2012
Great Doc!

June 18th, 2012
LOVE THIS DOC!
Dr. Burrows explained everything in detail with me and was very caring, empathetic. She found my diagnosis when other doctors that I went to did not. I finally have hope for recovery and my future! She answered every question and wrote notes down for me to take home so that I wouldn't forget anything. I cannot believe that someone would rate her poorly. I will HIGHLY recommend her to everyone. She's a busy doc and it may take a little while to get appointment, but she definitely takes care of submitting insurance for you.Take it from me, don't listen to any bad reviews. They don't even make sense.Love this doc!!!