Dr. Lara Katzin Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Lara Katzin?

Adult ADHD

Have you seen Dr. Lara Katzin?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 16th, 2016

Not beneficial

I waited 2 months to meet with this doctor to assist me with a rare condition and establish a new patient relationship with her. First I met with her fellow for some time, and he didn't seem to have any knowledge of my condition. When she finally came into the room, she seemed uninterested, asked what my goals were for her, and told me she was leaving in 2 weeks. I was sent a map to meet with her at Tampa General, when my appointment was at USF which caused me to have to drive to 2 locations. The appointment was a total waste of time and her attitude was very discouraging to me as a patient.

August 6th, 2015

Dr. Katzin is a wonderful doctor.

May 19th, 2013

Former patient

the first time I saw her I was referred to her by a USF Neurosurgeon. It felt like she was upset that I was seeing her at all. My situation at the time at face value looked like a cervical injury problem though MRI didn't show significant damage. She didn't say very much or ask questions. She ran through a series of tests that were all negative and sent me on my way. Found out later after seeing an Ortho doctor at USF that she wrote in her notes that I needed to schedule a EMG. She never said a word to me about it just wrote it in her notes. I saw her again, this time with a family member to help explain my problems. She seemed more interested this time and sent me for a brain MRI that was also negative. I saw her again for the EMG without a family member and it was right back to the same thing I had during the first meeting. I only write this comment because she missed an opportunity to diagnose me early for something I'm still trying to get figured out. Now I'm going to see another neurologist and I'm very much in a worse state than the times she saw me. Practically crippled at this stage but she didn't care to look a little harder and show some compassion that maybe could have helped avoid this. There is probably something in her notes but I'll never know since she can't communicate.

April 20th, 2013

Disappointed

She does not do well with rare diagnosis. She is very busy, and spends little time educating herself, and therefore jumps to referrals to easy; this delaying time for treatment by months. There is little compassion around a person's pain or suffering too. The entire office is just too busy for complex or rare diagnosis. Communication is lacking also. It is very hard to get a message to her, or to get an answer, without waiting weeks for an appointment. I will never go back. She might be good with common conditions, I do not know.

May 3rd, 2012

Knowledgeable, Excellent, Caring

Dr. Katzin is a very caring, knowledgeable physician. She keeps up on the latest treatments and if she is not sure about something she does further research on it and then discusses her findings with you.

July 18th, 2011

Great doctor

She spend time with me and my family to make sure that I understood my diagnosis; which was very complex and she was the only physician to get it correct. She is such a kind person and is one of the best physicians I have ever known

October 31st, 2009