Neurological Surgeons

Northwest Arkansas Neurological Clinic
3336 N Futrall Dr
Fayetteville, AR 72703
479-463-3000
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
Sep 8th, 2014

I had an appointment with Candace Harper, the PA. I arrived at the appointment time exactly. Check in was finished at 9:05. Candace refused to see me because check in was finished after my appointment time and it would cause her schedule to be VERY behind. Really? They rescheduled the appointment. When I inquired as to why the appointment was scheduled with a the PA instead of the Dr, I was told that the Dr only sees surgey patients and that the PA determines who he sees. As my case is complex and I have serious doubts that the PA is qualified to make the necessary distinctions, I am asking to be referred elsewhere. Talk about an arrogant attitude from the PA. Disrespectful staff reflects poorly on the doctor.

|  Candace Harper, PA  |  show details
by Jennifer S. on Aug 9th, 2014

I have an infection from a different surgery that my PCP thinks has traveled to my back. I have screws, rods and a spinal cord stimulator. The surgeon was out of the office yesterday, so I was blessed with getting to see his moron PA, Candace. After I explained to the nurse what was going, she brought Candace into the room and she proceeded to tell me that I am laying around to much and that's why my SCS is really tender and hurting into my spine. I had news for her I don't just lay around I go to the gym 6 days a week. I have lost 60 pounds in the 47 days since my gastric bypass, you don't get that way from laying around. I guess she just assumed since I am still fat, I am lazy. She told me if I don't feel better by Monday to leave a message with the nurse. I have been going to this clinic since 2008 and I know it takes their nurse Paula at least 5 days to call you back, that's on a good week. Anyway, Candace Harper was of no help, she didn't even offer me a scan to rule out infection in my back. Dr. Armstrong is awesome, but they need to get rid of their disrespectful PA. She must of thought I am idiot. I am a respiratory therapist, so I have medical training too.

|  spend money to see PA not DR  |  show details
Nov 14th, 2013

I made the apt to see DR. Drove 2 hrs and waited over 1 hr once I got to DR office only to find out that I have to see the PA Candace Harper. I thought after I saw the PA, I would then get to see the DR - I was wrong. I never got to see the DR, only got the PAs uneducated guess, which I paid a co-pay specialist to get her uneducated opinion. I was told by another surgeon that I need to get my back fused and was getting a second opinion and wanted to use Dr. Armstrong. Candance told me all I needed was physical therapy which I had told her that I have already tried that and it did NOT work. She did not examine my at all. She did look at my MRI. I have severe back pain that shoots pain down my left leg into my foot. She said she could not see any reason why I had pain in my leg. I explained the neurologist said it was pinched nerves and she said well, I don't see it...after reviewing the MRI for a few mins. I wonder if I saw the DR what he would have saw on the MRI. I will not make any more apts with this DR since I didn't actually see the DR. Very upset that I wasted my time and money only to get the uneducated opinion of a PA.

|  Whats up with Dr. Armstrong?  |  show details
by J.S. on Mar 4th, 2013

I have had great success with Dr. Armstrong. He has performed five lumbar surgeries in me. While I was at my last appointment I was told he would not do anything about my disc which is bulged and obviously causing me pain. His explanation for was to totally blow the disc out. However, I am now experiencing more pain from a possible herniated disc. I called his nurse and she promptly told me that they could not anything for me. I figured they order a MRI for me. Needless to say I am now seeking another opinion from another surgeon. As for Candace Harper, I seen her one time and that was the only time. I told Dr Armstrong that my money wasn't going to be wasted on her. She did absolutely nothing for me. I haven't seen her again.

|  patient (Or A PIECE Of TRASH)  |  show details
Sep 28th, 2012

I was referred to his cliinic by Dr Rouse. I Seen His P.A.C.Candace Harper. I was NEVER more treated LIKE A PIECE OF TRASH in my life.I got there at 9:30 for my 9:45 appointment I was finally taken back to a room She weighed me and Scolded me right there in the Hall for what I weighed. My husbnad and I went into an exam room she took my blood pressure it was 160/90.And Scolded me for having such a High blood pressure. I said I have not had High Blood Pressure It normally runs 130/78. My regular Doctor has never said anything about it being to high. I was referred to them because I have S-1,L3/4, L4/5 and L5/6 Herniated discs. And My left leg is numb and my left foot. She examined my right leg and right side of my back told me She could see nothing wrong with me. I said Well If you examined the left side You would probably find out what it was because My left side and Left leg are where my problem is NOT THE RIGHT. She told me well you Weigh 299 pounds If You were not so FAT your back would not hurt and your foot would not be Numb. I was NOT a Cantidate for Back Surgery Because all the Infection Was in my Body Because I was FAT. She would refer me to her College who done Stomach Stapling or Lapp Band Surgery Because I was FAt and Needed that but she would not ALLOW me to have Back Surgery since she seen nothing wrong on my xrays. Because I was SO FAT. She was Sorry for Beating Me Up BUT I was SO SO SO FAT After all. I told her I knew I needed to loose weight. But I had been to 4 other doctors who said I have herniated discs and Yes I needed Surgery. She Is VERY RUDE andI would never go back to a Doctor or his Assistant who treats people like that.

|  HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE !  |  show details
Jun 5th, 2012

competency and integrity of staff is in question ,never ever have I had such poor treatment !

Aug 15th, 2011

Excellent Doctor/person. Wonderful staff.

|  Wonderful Neurosurgeon, Terrible staff  |  show details
Aug 5th, 2011

Dr. Armstrong did the surgery on my back which no other neurosurgeon would even touch. He went through my stomach so that I would be able to bend afterward. After surgery I had issues with pain on my left side, tried to get back into see Dr. Armstrong but his nurse would not let me and pretty much told me that I didn't know what I was talking about. I went through the hospital to get an appt. Then his nurse was really upset with me but when Dr. Armstrong heard of the problem he said for me to come in the next day. When we discussed the issues, we were still not sure what was causing my problem, I didn't find out until a year and half later that I had a huge hernia tear from the back surgery through the stomach which has been repaired by another doctor. Now I am having spine issues again but Dr. Armstrong's nurse won't let me into see him, I went and had a MRI done but still she won't let me in. Very frustrating.

|  Dr. Armstrong is very kind.  |  show details
Sep 16th, 2010

Dr. Armstrong was honest and caring about my back pain. He was very conservative and understood my apprehension about back surgery. He's continuing to follow me through therapy and will only do surgery if I need it.

by Laurel brooks on Jun 24th, 2009

Dr armstrong was the sweetest dr i've ever seen. i drove up from Ft Smith because the dr's in that area are very very rude and unprofessional. I was referred to dr armstrong and absolutely loved him. i have referred many people to him.

Jun 18th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Dr. Armstrong is a blessing to his field. He has literaly given my life back to me. He and his staff are caring and compassionate, devoted and competent. I would recommend him to anyone, and have. In the past few months, I have heard several other testimo

Read Full Review at yahoo.com