inactive

Larry T Balentine MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

April 21st, 2016
I owe my continued health to Dr Ballantine. He has been a very strong advocate in my behalf. He gave me a medical plan to follow which gave some very positive results. When he sees me in his office it is not just a quicky face time visit, it is the most thorough visit I have found. He never is in a hurry to go on to the next patient until he has covered all bases and we have a workable plan until I see him again. He also tells me what I need to know, not what I want to hear. I feel I owe my life to his expertise!

January 24th, 2016
Two separate visits
Rushed through lab results, changed diagnosis within two weeks, confused regarding treatment options, didn't explain properly, wouldn't allow questions while he spoke, rude and insensitive.

October 21st, 2015
Had he not wasted so much time arguing with me on every answer I was providing to his questions, we would have covered more ground. The entire time I felt he did not believe much of what I was saying as to my history. I have been to 6 rheumatologists in the past 12 years ... never had seen one that was this "reactive." Will go to see him one more time to hear results of the x-rays he ordered. I had multiple x-rays of hips, knees, lumbar spine that are only 2 years old ... why would he want to have more taken? My skeleton and joints have not improved because of the progression of the disease and my age ... I felt "belittled and humiliated" enduring the long consultation. My previous rheumatologist was an "angel" but he has moved too far for me to drive/ride. This one is experienced; but next visit will be my very last one. I am exhausted from the illness and from chasing after relief.

September 23rd, 2015
His practice is falling apart!
Dr. Balentine is very knowledgeable but lacks in bedside manner. He is very condescending to his staff and seems to be extremely fickle. He let the one good thing going for his practice go when he ran off his office manager recently. He needs to get her back.

September 5th, 2015
Best of all the many I have needed help for RA.

August 15th, 2015
See someone in Tacoma, Seattle, or on Bainbridge Island- he's not worth your time
Abhorrent behavior toward his staff, and resultant high staff turnover. Blames problems with his practice on his staff and berates them in front of patients. Shows a tad bit too much fondness for new, shiny treatments despite their having less time on the market. Canceled or rescheduled appointments with no notice. In my experience, he initially spent a great deal of time when I was diagnosed, then the care he provided and his bedside manner declined immeasurably in quality. He is a very skilled diagnostician and would probably do great work in research, away from people.

July 30th, 2015
My experience has been very good
As a doctor he is AMAZING. He hides nothing, explains everything. Has answered absolutely every question I have asked him. He dictates chart notes right in front of you so if you have any questions he answers you right there and then. He listens to everything I have to say about how I am feeling. I can't say anything negative as far as Dr Balentine goes. The only complaint I would have is that it can take a few tries to get prescriptions refilled. The office staff is always very nice. I have not had any problems scheduling or rescheduling appointments. I am very happy. I have been seeing him for almost two years now after seeing my other Rheumatologist for a little over 5 years. I switched because my old doctor was getting, well, old.

June 30th, 2015
I do not recommend this provider!

April 18th, 2015
Terrible experience
I've been to a lot of doctors and Dr. Balentine was the most rude, disrespective, and condesending that I've ever seen. I don't need a doctor to be my "pal", however, there's no excuse for the horrific way I was treated.

March 4th, 2015
Would highly recommend this doctor
Dr Balentine is the most informative doctor I have ever had, and I have had many. He listened to all of my issues and was more than happy to answer all of the many questions I have. Yes, getting prescriptions filled can be a problem but that falls more on the assistants.

March 9th, 2011
Best Doctor I've ever had
I've had alot of different doctors and I LOVE Dr. Balentine, I feel like every visit is a social visit, from my first appointment his office knew me by name, I never have to say who I am and why I'm there, and its obviously something that practice at. I never wait long and I never leave with unanswered questions because I felt rushed, I've had doctors before where I had sat with a notebook full of questions but they were so eager to get out the door I would never ask them. I can tell Dr. Balentine anything and I feel completely comfortable with him as a doctor.