Family Practitioner

|  show details
Sep 22nd, 2011

I've been to many doctors through the years and Dr. Barr is the best.

|  Unproffessional office staff  |  show details
Nov 5th, 2010

My family doctor moved and his patients were being seen by Dr. Barr. I was told by my previous doctor's office that Dr. Barr was very good but that the office staff was very unpleasant. My first call to the office to make an appointment was disappointing. The woman on the phone was very short and rude. There is no answering service or voice mail, so when I tried to call back and reschedule I was unable to do so. I had to wait until the office opened the next morning and when I told the woman I was rescheduling, she replied (with a 16 year old girl attitude) "WOW". I could almost hear the eye roll. Needless to say I didn't bother rescheduling. I just called the other day to schedule an emergency appointment and was told they couldn't see me until late the following week since I canceled my last appointment. I tried to explain to the woman/girl that this was an emergency but she just continued with her attitude and said "oh well". I'm not sure why such a respected doctor would have such children running his office. I will NEVER go to Dr. Barr solely because of his staff.

|  Not Your Typical Doctor  |  show details
by ACP on Apr 17th, 2009

I have been a patient at this practice for over 15 years(originally Dr. Milligan's practice. Initially I didn't know what to expect with Dr. Barr but quickly learned that he was not your typical doctor. Dr. Barr has a deep sense of responsibility/obligation towards his profession and truly listens and helps his patients. My friends and I share doctor stories often and the conclusion is that Dr. Barr performs his doctor duties with professionalism, care and with the patients health a top priority. Other doctors may be concerned with the quantity of patients they have but Dr. Barr focuses on quality of his care.