Dr. Larry Broadwell Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Larry Broadwell?

Great service.

Posted on July 20th, 2016

I have been using this office for 6 yrs and I am extremely pleased with my results. Yes I usually see the NP but I do so at all my specialists. This is the new trend. Yes the initial visit does take 4 hours but after that maybe an hr and a half. They generally repeat a full set of X-rays yearly which takes time to take and develop. His NP always is very patient and spends as much time as I need to answer all of my questions. They also have an online portal site that I sign into to read all of my reports within a day or so after I receive and email that they are ready. I also had a question recently so I signed in and sent my question around 10:30 pm. By 8:15 the next morn his office called me to help me. Now that is prompt service. I would HIGHLY recommend this office.

Posted on September 10th, 2015

All of the Staff was very professional and pleasant.

Posted on July 29th, 2015

no.1 BEST

Posted on September 10th, 2013

My first visit Dr. Broadwell asked me if I had my own teeth, Before I could answer he stuck his fingers in my mouth to look. That was so embarrassing. Did he think I would lie to him? It was a several months before I saw him again. I saw the PT. She had no idea what was wrong with me. etc. My last visit I saw Dr. Broadwell because the PT had left the office. I did feel like I had a good visit this time. Hopefully, he will spend time with me on next visit.

Posted on July 23rd, 2012

This office is very slack regarding any follow-up. I have needed an MRI according to my PT that the Dr. sent me to, however, it took me calling their office to even get to speak to someone about it. After I informed their nurse what I needed all I got was "I'll let the Nurse Practitioner know about it. That was a week ago and I have not heard a word.

Highly recommend Dr. Broadwell

Posted on June 30th, 2011

I had my first appt with this doctor Monday and I REALLY liked him and his staff. When I drove up to the clinic & went inside I was a bit nervous. The clinic looks very run down. I think they may be in the process of remodeling. Still wasn't impressed when I walked into his actual office. I'm a clean freak and the place just didn't look good. Checked in and asked to fill out paperwork and waited about 20 mins to be called back. Med tech takes you back and weighs you & takes your BP. She gives you a gown and tells you the NP will be in shortly. The NP came in and took a very thorough history and checked out my whole body for anything suspicious. She told me I was going to Xray and I would be there 25 to 30 minutes. I was gone about 30 minutes. Sent back to room and told I could get dressed. Now the waiting begun. Waited about 1 and half hours for the dr to come in. I found out the long wait was due to the Xrays being processed. Dr came in and looked at several suspicious areas and then sat down and started talking to my husband and I. He answered EVERY question we had and never once seemed to be in a hurry. He then said lets look over your xrays. He went over every xray with me in detail and there were alot (from head to toe). He immediately diagnosed me with osteoarthritis with numerous bone spurs. When then started talking again about lupus and other AI disorders since I was sent for an elevated ANA. He came me some very good advice and said just from presentation he was not ready to diagnose me with Lupus or RA. He ordered blood work and said he would no more from that. I was told if everything was fine I would not get a call back but if something came back his office would call me. Also all results would be sent to my GP. He sent me to check out and schedule a followup appt and then for lab work. My appt was scheduled for 12:45 and I walked out of his office at 4:30. I was told in the information packet they sent me in the mail to expect 4 1/2 hours for the first appt so I was not surprised when I was there for awhile. I would highly recommend Dr Broadwell and his clinic to anyone needing a rheumy. Very professional and very thorough throughout my whole appt.

I LIKE HIM- VERY PROFESSIONAL WHEN I HAVE SEEN HIM

Posted on October 6th, 2010

Poor Care

Posted on July 30th, 2010

I had only 1 visit with this dr and saw him about 10 mins, rest of time was spent with NP. I have fibromyalgia and no one checked my trigger points to see where most of the pain radiated from. I was referred to PT and given Ultram. Ultram was like taking candy, no effect on my pain at all. PT did help, however, my insurance only paid for several visit. I called this dr's office to ask what other treatment was offered, as the pain was still affecting my daily activities, work, physical activity... basically robbing me of my life. The nurse said that was all the dr could do for me. No other treatment was even offered. It's like they just dumped me on the side of the road. He basically was ignoring my pain, when is specialty is dealing with patients in pain everyday. The lack of compassion maks me wonder why someone would become a dr if they do not care for their patients. I will now have to be referred to another doctor that will hopefully actually care about my pain. I would not recommend anyone to go to him and will make sure to let everyone I know who has any type of muscle or joint pain to stay clear. This was the most awful way I've ever been treated by a physician's office and I've reported my experience to my Internist and physician that referred me there, along with my physical therapist. Everyone I talked to was appalled by how I was treated and was told that they had already heard from others that have seen him, their treatment and his bedside manner was horrible. I wish I had found out sooner before I saw him, but this will be a lesson learned.

Dr. Broadwell visit a waste of my time and money

Posted on April 7th, 2010

Total time for vist was approx 4 hrs. Wait time in waiting room was approx 30 min. Saw nurse practinioner and then was sent to X-Ray. I reported joint pain in my knee and nurse said "we will take you to X-Ray". Was not told that X-Rays were going to be done of my entire body. Then was sent back to exam room where I waited approx and hour and a half for the dr. Then I was taken to a clerk where I had to wait about 10 min while she chatted about personal things with a patient; then she checked off on a form what lab work I needed and I was sent bacck to waiting room where I waited an addt'l 10 min to get lab work. Was told all my test results would be sent to my referring dr w/n 7 to 10 days. It has been 2 wks and my dr still doesn't have the results. Called 2 days ago & was told they would check on it and call me. No one called back and when I called this AM was told it would be 7 to 10 working days from the time I requested it. Told Katy I requested it at tiime of visit. Was initially told that to get a CD of the X-Rays I would have to come to the office to sign release and then come back to office to pick up CD. Told her I live 2 hr drive away; she repeated same thing. Asked why I could receive it by requesting it in writing and having it mailed; she put me on hold and said they would mail me release form and she would check on lab/X-Rays results and call me back. Asked if it would be today & was told she didn't know when she would call back. Told her I had already been waiting 2 days for a return call. She said "I'll let my supervisor know what you siad". I asked again if anyone knew when I could expect a return phone call. She then sid "I will call you back today"; tone of voice was rude. When Dr. Broadwell saw me he did not go over my X-Ray results, even though he ws looking at them while he was talking to me. Ordered several lab tests but didn't explain to me what the tests were or why he was ordering them. I went to him for a second opinion about my Sjogren's, and FM. He said I justed needed to have a spinal tap to rule out MS and a salvary gland biopsy to confirm Sjogren's. I asked him for a referral or recommendatin re a dr to see in Shreveport for these tests; he was reluctant to recommend anyone and finally said "I'll check and we'll call you." Haven't rec'd a phone call. I asked if I could start seeing him as my rheumatolgist and he said no.I feel that this visit was a total waste of my tiime and one staff member treated me rudely by making me wait while 10 min while she finished a personal conversation.

Knowledgeable

Posted on July 14th, 2009

Dr. Broadwell seems to be a good doctor, knowledgeable in his field. What I don't like is that in a year, I've seen him only on my initial appointment. Since that time, I have only seen his nurse assistant. While I'm sure she is very good @ her job, and I like her, I'd like to see the doctor too. After all, I'm being charged to see a specialist, and I'd like to see him.

Posted on February 5th, 2009

Dr. Larry Broadwell is exceedingly unprofessional. Not only did he laugh at me, but he also made inappropriate comments about me to another doctor right in front of me. You would think someone with 30 years of experience would know better than to behave this way. I would not him recommend to anyone.

Posted on April 1st, 2017