Dr. Larry Butler MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

September 17th, 2015
scary
Stay away. Poor aftercare. rude.

April 3rd, 2014
Great Surgeon
Dr. Butler was my surgeon for Stage 2a Colon cancer. He did a wonderful job. I am now Cancer free, 1 year later. He and his staff are very good and know their stuff. I would recommend him to anyone needing a surgeon.

October 20th, 2012
Would not recommend as a surgeon
Went to the hospital for extreme stomach pain. Ultrasound showed a need for an emergency appendectomy. This was at 11 pm. Was in pain all night when waiting for a surgeon. Dr Butler arrived at 5 am. After he opened me up for removing the appendix, it ruptured. He removed the mess and closed me up. One week later, came back to the hospital with a severe infection that was introduced during the surgery. Had an enormous abcess in my stomach that took months to heal. He did do follow ups to ensure this healed. Last week (a couple years later from this surgery) I had gall bladder problems and had to go into another surgery. This surgeon found that my insides were full of adhesions and my gall bladder could not function because of them. The adhesions were the result of the messy appendectomy that Dr Butler performed. I do not recommend Dr Butler to anyone needing general surgery and would turn him away if he showed up for an emergency procedure if I ever needed one.

June 8th, 2012
i went to this "physician" about 15 years ago for a suspected femoral hernia. he was absolutely horrid. he did agree with the diagnosis. i had to be subjected to his paralyzing B.O. during the exam, and i held my breath so i didn't have to smell him. he did indeed do surgery for a "femoral hernia", but after that hellacious experience, the pain still persisted. he did get his money, which is all he seemed to be concerned about. oh, also, he injected the surgical site with 60 ccs of lidocaine so i wouldn't feel pain at that site and could go home on time. the same presurgical pain persisted after the surgery, but he didn't want to hear about that. my dogs have gotten better post-surgical care that this clown ever gave me. stay far, far away from this particular "surgeon".

January 19th, 2012
Excellent Services
I found his diagnosis and explanation of surgical procedures excellent. Follow up was very good. Comments to me by my primary MD was surgery scar was minimal and done very nicely.