Internists, Cardiologist (heart)
NYU Cardiac Catheterization Associates
530 1st Ave
New York, NY 10016
212-263-5656
Locations and availability (7)

3.0

• Currently 3.1923076923077 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  My hero: Dr. Chinitz, one of the country's best  |  show details
by D M on Jan 15th, 2014

My son has a heart condition, WPW, that required ablation. Dr. Chinitz was recommended as one of the top three ablation doctors in the country by a cardiac physician who ran a cardiac department at a major hospital. We flew to NYC for his care, from the other end of the country. This was going to be our third try at ending my son's heart problem. Dr. Chinitz, in a seven and half hour procedure, fixed the problem. He is my hero as he was able to put an end to these years of worry about my son's condition, and the risks associated with his particular medical issue. He gave us all the time we needed in the initial visit when we first met him, asking excellent questions and addressing our concerns. His staff and the NYU hospital were first class in the care provided and the liaison with us as we waited during the procedure. But the bottom line is, his surgery was successful, in a difficult procedure that two other doctors at other hospitals had tried and not been able to fix. I give Dr. Chinitz my highest recommendation and would recommend him without question to anyone who needs treatment in his area of specialty.

|  Thumbs Up  |  show details
by HG on Jan 2nd, 2014

I'm a bit late to this party, but I'll give dr Chinitz 4 stars. Back in 2003 he saved my career and possibly my life by giving me a successful ablation for a very nasty case of afib. The procedure was a success and I haven't had to go back in 10 years. Thank you Dr. C !

Oct 9th, 2012

Dr. Chinitz's practice of Medicine is professionalism beyond excellence. I owe his expertise to saving not only my life but also giving me back a quality of life I thought would never be mine again. The wait is his office is long, but I would wait into the next millennium for the expertise that Dr. Chinitz gives to all his patients, one person at a time. When he tells you he is able to help you, there is NOT one doubt in your mind when you leave his office, that he will not do what he says he can do to help you.

Aug 11th, 2012

Our wait was three hours and our talk with Dr. Chinitz lasted five minutes.

|  You'd be hard pressed to find a more competent EP  |  show details
Jul 12th, 2012

The office wait time that people mention is because Dr. Chinitz takes the time to answer all his patients questions. I'd rather wait to see a Dr., than get right in, just to be rushed through the process and leave without feeling confident about the procedure. My ablation for SVT was successful in one procedure and I can't say enough about the care I received. I highly recomend Dr. Chinitz.

|  OKish  |  show details
Mar 31st, 2012

A very loyal crowd and repeat ablation customers call into question how many ablations are actually necessary

|  Disappointed...  |  show details
Feb 15th, 2012

Long waits for appointments, the doctor is hard to reach and he is also indifferent towards his patients.

|  This doctor saved my life.  |  show details
Feb 2nd, 2012

This doctor saved my life in 2009. I would not be alive if it were not for him and Neil E. Bernstein, M.D. I was lost and alone and about to die, and they gave me hope, treated me with kindness and care. And performed a life-saving surgery. And i will never forget that. Sometimes words aren't enough.

Jul 24th, 2011

After 3 ablations over a one year period I suffered a stroke. Instead of trying to treat me with meds, I was rushed in for a 3rd ablation which I did not want. Dr dismissed my fears and questions and he barely spoke to me or my husband before i was being prepped and anesthetized for the unsuccessful 3rd ablation. After procedure sent home still experiencing a-fib-like symptons - told by staff numerous times that this was normal and if i wanted to, i could take an extra pill or a xane to calm me down. Dr. and office staff totally ignored my symptoms and questions when I called - had stroke within 10 days. Thanks to a very professional neurology staff at Stony Brook University med. ctr. I am alive today.

|  A great doctor  |  show details
Jun 27th, 2011

I've been a patient of Dr Chinitz since november 2000, he has always taken great care of me. He has personally done all my procedures himself. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

|  Administrative weakness  |  show details
Nov 29th, 2010

I was asked if I would agree to move my appointment. I agreed. I then waited 90 MINUTES (on top of the hour I agreed to.) My procedure was scheduled for December 8th. I was called a couple weeks before that date & a member of his staff explained the he'd agreed to give a lecture in PA. the date of my procedure. Would I mind moving my date to December 10th? Do you see an administrative weakness here? When I did see him, he seemed perfectly competent...I'll know more after the procedure.

|  Very Caring Doctor  |  show details
Nov 16th, 2010

I was referred to Dr. Chinitz for a catheter ablation for my chronic atrial fibrillation. He always took his time with explanations about what was to be done. My ablation appears to be sucessful and I look forward to my follow up visits with Dr. Chinitz. His staff is fantastic!

|  Highly recommended for A.Fib Ablation  |  show details
by NSR Forever on May 22nd, 2010

Had 3 ablations at NYU with Dr Chinitz and Staff - 'cured' of Atrial Fib after many years. Only downside was waiting time in office and very high volume of patients - leaves personal attention to a minimum. Office clerical staff not cooperative in sending records, filling forms,etc. Bottom Line: He cured me.

Oct 16th, 2009

as unprofessional as a dr good be. I question why NYU has kept him on there staff this long

by Pam on Apr 21st, 2009

I had to have Heart Oblation surgery which is very common, but mine was a rare case as I had two electrical issues with my heart, which was found during my procedure. Even though I had a long wait time to see Dr. Chinitz, I would recommend him to anyone that asked. His overall care for his patients is excellent. The reason you have to wait is because he spends as much time with his patients to answer all their questions and concerns. He is an excellent surgeon.