Dr. Larry Chinitz MD Patient Reviews

• 16 reviews

September 3rd, 2016
excellent
Dr Chinitz takes the time to explain the problem and how to go about solving it. He is not an alarmist, soft spoken, answers any questions & lets a patient know if another MD will place a cardioverter defibrillator..

July 25th, 2016
Fixed my afib with an abaltion.
Great Doc and staff, just be "patient" he's worth the wait.

October 8th, 2015
Exceptional doctor with an exceptional team at NYU

May 9th, 2015
Frustrating
Look at his reviews. Some rate him high; some like me, rate him low. I had an inserted high rhythm monitor. Appointment was specifically made with him. He did not do it nor did he see me in the hospital or ever after. Follow up by staff was abominable.

January 15th, 2014
My hero: Dr. Chinitz, one of the country's best
My son has a heart condition, WPW, that required ablation. Dr. Chinitz was recommended as one of the top three ablation doctors in the country by a cardiac physician who ran a cardiac department at a major hospital. We flew to NYC for his care, from the other end of the country. This was going to be our third try at ending my son's heart problem. Dr. Chinitz, in a seven and half hour procedure, fixed the problem. He is my hero as he was able to put an end to these years of worry about my son's condition, and the risks associated with his particular medical issue. He gave us all the time we needed in the initial visit when we first met him, asking excellent questions and addressing our concerns. His staff and the NYU hospital were first class in the care provided and the liaison with us as we waited during the procedure. But the bottom line is, his surgery was successful, in a difficult procedure that two other doctors at other hospitals had tried and not been able to fix. I give Dr. Chinitz my highest recommendation and would recommend him without question to anyone who needs treatment in his area of specialty.

January 2nd, 2014
I'm a bit late to this party, but I'll give dr Chinitz 4 stars. Back in 2003 he saved my career and possibly my life by giving me a successful ablation for a very nasty case of afib. The procedure was a success and I haven't had to go back in 10 years. Thank you Dr. C !

October 9th, 2012
Dr. Chinitz's practice of Medicine is professionalism beyond excellence. I owe his expertise to saving not only my life but also giving me back a quality of life I thought would never be mine again. The wait is his office is long, but I would wait into the next millennium for the expertise that Dr. Chinitz gives to all his patients, one person at a time. When he tells you he is able to help you, there is NOT one doubt in your mind when you leave his office, that he will not do what he says he can do to help you.

August 11th, 2012
Our wait was three hours and our talk with Dr. Chinitz lasted five minutes.

July 12th, 2012
You'd be hard pressed to find a more competent EP
The office wait time that people mention is because Dr. Chinitz takes the time to answer all his patients questions. I'd rather wait to see a Dr., than get right in, just to be rushed through the process and leave without feeling confident about the procedure. My ablation for SVT was successful in one procedure and I can't say enough about the care I received. I highly recomend Dr. Chinitz.

February 15th, 2012
Disappointed...
Long waits for appointments, the doctor is hard to reach and he is also indifferent towards his patients.

February 2nd, 2012
This doctor saved my life.
This doctor saved my life in 2009. I would not be alive if it were not for him and Neil E. Bernstein, M.D. I was lost and alone and about to die, and they gave me hope, treated me with kindness and care. And performed a life-saving surgery. And i will never forget that. Sometimes words aren't enough.

July 24th, 2011
After 3 ablations over a one year period I suffered a stroke. Instead of trying to treat me with meds, I was rushed in for a 3rd ablation which I did not want. Dr dismissed my fears and questions and he barely spoke to me or my husband before i was being prepped and anesthetized for the unsuccessful 3rd ablation. After procedure sent home still experiencing a-fib-like symptons - told by staff numerous times that this was normal and if i wanted to, i could take an extra pill or a xane to calm me down. Dr. and office staff totally ignored my symptoms and questions when I called - had stroke within 10 days. Thanks to a very professional neurology staff at Stony Brook University med. ctr. I am alive today.