Dr. Larry Davidson MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Anderson, SC

• Good
  • Bad

October 13th, 2016
AMAZINGLY SKILLED SURGEON BUT ABSOLUTELY AWFUL AND HORRENDOUS OFFICE STAFF!!!
My experience with Dr. Davidson is he did not explain the procedure he would be performing on me during surgery. I got to the hospital, was prepped for surgery, Dr. Davidson came by to see me during his rounds, I asked him to explain the procedure he'd be performing to which he responded he had done so during my office visit. I tried to tell him that he had not because when I was in his office he had not yet reviewed my MRI. He apparently was thinking of someone else so he argued that he had explained the procedure he'd be performing on me and did not have time to explain it again as we were about to go into surgery. Well, I had two choices, I could shut up and be wheeled on into surgery or I could argue and I guess he would have declined to do my surgery at that point and I would have had to have gone home and started the process all over again with a new surgeon. Since at the time I was in so much pain I had to be carried from my bed to the bathroom and I could not get out of bed for anything outside of that, coupled with the fact that I am a stay at home Mother who homeschools 4 children and at the time could not even walk myself to the bathroom, I felt I had no choice but to pray for the best and shut my mouth and go on into surgery. Thankfully to God! Dr. Davidson was able to perform a miracle on my spine. I have very little pain anymore and full function and mobility has returned! I would say he is a miraculous surgeon!!! However, his office staff is absolutely HORRENDOUS!!! They make it impossible to schedule an appointment, every time I call for an appointment they say they'll have the nurse call me back and she never does. The nurse is appallingly offensive, demeaning and degrading when she speaks to anyone. She always acts in a hurry and treats everyone like it's 5:15 on Friday afternoon and they are holding her up from getting home and that is how she is every day of the week at all hours of the day. She just acts like she hates her job and she hates her patients even more! Dr. Davidson however is horrible at following up after procedures and surgeries. I've been back into his office countless times since my surgery and I've never seen him again. Like I said though, my surgery was a wonderful success. He is very skilled at that and that is super important if you can forgive every other aspect of the process! Which is pretty hard to do honestly. I am a private pay Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance patient too. So it's not like I had state funded medical insurance and was treated that way because people view me as bleeding the system. So if I was treated this way by the office staff (who by the way are always rude also) and by the nurse and even by Dr. Davidson himself and I paid all of my bills and had excellent insurance. I just can't imagine how they might treat someone who is on state funded insurance plans. Overall, I am so grateful to Dr. Davidson for the miracle he performed on my spine! I feel that if he fired all of the hideous, unconcerned, uncaring, angry, un-compassionate, callous and insensitive people who run his office, I think he would probably be one of the best neurosurgeons in the state! What a shame to be such an excellent Dr, yet be surrounded by about 10 or 12 of the most cold-blooded, frigid, repugnant people (employees) that I have ever had the burden of meeting in my life! What a shame and what a waste of such a great and skilled surgeon who has the potential to absolutely change lives for the better! It's very disheartening. Going through my ordeal was extremely frustrating and burdensome. As I had reactions to some after surgery medications and they could not have cared less, they told me to stop taking the medicine but took at least a week to get me something different to take for after surgery pain relief. Plus, I contracted a bladder infection from the catheter during surgery. I was complaining of pain that was increasing, they never checked on me and in fact refused to make me an office appointment after me begging for 2 or 3 weeks. They just said I needed to suck it up, the pain would get better with time. Thank God, I have an Aunt who is a nurse who finally came to check on me since the office staff at Dr. Davidson's would not. She determined I had a bladder infection from the catheter that was used during surgery and that my bladder infection had traveled to my kidneys and that's why my back pain kept increasing exponentially! She got me some antibiotics and within 48 hours I was 70% better!!! I would have thought that my surgeon and/or his office should have seen me and diagnosed that as being the reason I had back pain increasing after back surgery. However, like I said, the were so awful and offensive!

March 18th, 2016
Dr. Davidson is a kind and knowledgeable surgeon. I would refer any of my friends or family to him. Thank you sir and God bless.

November 12th, 2015
I went to Dr. Davidson about my spine and him and his staff was very helpful. I appreciate his honesty and I am considering him for surgery soon but I haven't made up my mind if I want to have surgery.

September 3rd, 2015
Surgeon and staff attentive and caring. Efficient office staff. Excellent surgery communication.

January 9th, 2015
Performed microendoscopic discsectomy. 9years pain free! Amazing surgeon.

November 21st, 2013
I had my first experience with Dr. Davidson in Greenville, North Carolina in May 2001. I am so very grateful to him. I would probably be paralyzed by now had it not been for him. I live in New Bern, NC now, but during the time of my surgery I lived in Richlands, NC. I wished he still practice close by because I really could use him again. He is one of the most kind and respectful doctor I have met. Thank you Dr. Davidson for helping me.

January 2nd, 2017