Dr. Larry Dennis Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Larry Dennis?

December 6th, 2015

When an initial ultrasound revealed that I was having twins who shared a single placenta, I was referred to Dr. Dennis for biweekly ultrasound monitoring in addition to my routine prenatal appointments with my regular OB. He's a very intelligent and experienced doctor who clearly knows what he's talking about. I think what patients need to keep in mind is that he's a maternal fetal medicine specialist, which means he's there for the purpose of monitoring high risk situations. He isn't trying to scare his patients with worst case scenarios, but he does want you to be aware of potential scenarios that COULD arise so you'll know what to look out for and what the warning signs might be. If something concerns you, ask questions - he's more than happy to answer them and back up his answers with research and statistics. For instance, I asked about TTTS (twin to twin transfusion syndrome) and he explained how I was being monitored for that, and he also gave me the actual probability of it developing. That actually ended up being reassuring to me, but even if the numbers hadn't been on my side I still would have been impressed by his knowledge and ability to explain TTTS to me. Ultrasound technicians and nurses are very sweet. Overall, the only negative thing I can say about this office is the long wait time once you arrive for your appointment; they request that you arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time, but yet I've always ended up waiting AT LEAST 30 minutes before my name is called. This happens whether you get an early or a late appointment time, and I'm guessing it's because a lot of patients tend to be inconsiderate and run late which isn't the office staff's fault...but it DOES sort of stink for those of us who show up when we're supposed to. Otherwise, I'm quite pleased with this office!

September 21st, 2012

During our appointment Dr. Dennis tried multiple times to scare us into getting an amnio even though he knew we had no desire to do so. He told us that in his opinion our baby had Downs and that turned out not to be the case. Knowing what I know now he was working off of very slight evidence. Other doctors have since told us that he s probably worried about wrongful birth and wrongful life lawsuits (look it up, it'll make you sick). The entire story is longer than I will get into but if you find yourself in Dr. Dennis office, try not to let him scare you and seek a second opinion. He told us that he had already made 4 expectant mothers cry that day. In my opinion doctors like this should not be in practice anymore.

August 7th, 2015