Dr. Larry Fishman Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Larry Fishman?

Posted on November 18th, 2015

Overall a helpful pleasant and knowledgeable experience. Good experience in a bad situation.

Posted on November 3rd, 2015

great doctor.....very kind and explains all procedures in detail.... would recomend him and his staff is great...

Worst Experience Ever

Posted on October 19th, 2015

I saw Dr. Fishman to get a second opinion regarding my options for treatment of a herniated disk. He was rude, uncaring and almost argumentative with me from the start. He was unable to answer my straightforward questions and refused to recommend a treatment plan. His cell rang and he answered it in the exam room, walked out and I never saw him again. He was rude, unprofessional and honestly, a total jerk. I felt like he was insulted that I was getting second opinions. I left the office in tears - please don't waste your time with this egotistical pompous doctor.

Doctor's Response

I appreciate all feedback - good, bad or indifferent - as it guides my understanding of my patients and their concerns. With that said, occasionally, I face reports of alleged patient experiences that contradict my recollections and that of my staff. My goal is to educate my patients regarding their specific ailments, and provide a range of treatment options. This is especially true for patients seeking second opinions - one of the main goals is to discuss the various medical alternatives available to the patient. The best outcomes are accomplished with a collaborative effort on the part of the doctor and the patient. Patient participation in the process is crucial. When a patient seeks a second opinion, I am happy to offer my recommendations. Ultimately, however, the choice of which treatment option to pursue is up to the patient. The role of the physician is to educate and treat. The role of the patient requires that she make the final decision regarding which treatment option makes the most sense. Unless there are no other options, no physician should make that choice for the patient.

Posted on September 16th, 2015

I am very happy with the expediency with which my procedure was scheduled. Very helpful nursing staff at South Bay Hospital and here in Dr. Fishman's Brandon office.

Best decision

Posted on August 16th, 2015

Dr. Fishman was a second opinion and we are so glad we did. He was very straight forward with regards to my surgery. (I had the same surgery 6 months prior with another physician) My husband and I felt immediate confidence in Dr. Fishman. I feel we made the best choice in choosing him.

Posted on July 21st, 2015

I was in horrible pain that I could not live with anymore. Walked in here one day got an appointment immediately, surgery was scheduled quickly and I have my life back.

Posted on May 13th, 2015

My surgery went very smooth and not as painful as I thought it would be. My Dr. and nurses were excellent.

Posted on April 3rd, 2015

Staff is very friendly. Office is well kept and clean. Very happy with experience so far. I would refer this doctor to friends and family.

Posted on April 2nd, 2015

Dr Fishman was very good in explaining my condition.

Dr. Fishman is the epitome of a surgeon

Posted on March 7th, 2015

Dr. Fishman is the epitome of a surgeon on whom a patient would want. His concerns, his manner, and his explanation of procedure is able to be understood. He goes beyond duty to take care of his patients .

Back surgery

Posted on October 3rd, 2014

Dr Fishman made me feel like I was in very competent hands

Good Doctor

Posted on August 13th, 2014

He did a good job and I will let Humana know just how good he did do. I was very relaxed and confident in him.