Dr. Larry Flowers MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Houston, TX

• Good
  • Bad

December 5th, 2016
I saw Dr, Flowers 1 TIME only ONE time. After that I could only see his nurse practitioner whom just said "you ok?" "Ok here are your prescriptions" Never once was I able to actually speak about issues that could be triggering my anxiety. Never once was I offered any type of suggestions as to what else to do besides "here take this pill." When I became Pregnant with my son The NURSE PRACT. told me to stay on ALL my medicine. I refused as did my gynecologist. Thank GOD my gynecologist helped me get off my the meds quickly (yet safely) and I have a wonderful healthy baby boy! I now see someone else who doesnt just rely on PILLS. He actually talks to you, offers suggestions etc. I DO NOT RECOMMEND!!! And yes I gave all 1 stars because there was not an option for a big fat X! I mean how do you rate a doctor that you only saw the first time you went to the office and he talk to you for 10 minutes!!!!????

August 10th, 2016
I find it difficult to believe that there is never anyone in your office to answer the phone. and the voice mail box is always full so you cant leave a message either. great doctor just hard to get in touch with.

November 8th, 2015
Long wait
I was assigned to Dr. Flowers from Cypress Creek Hospital. The wait to see him was horrendous, sometimes hours. He would spend the time with you and even though I did get better than when I first started seeing him, I stalled out and he couldn't do anymore to help me. He asked the same questions every time from a list on a sheet of paper. Basically told me to that I had to push myself to get better. He offered no suggestions. I quit seeing him after a year or so and quit taking my meds. I feel much better. No followup call or anything to check on me. I do not recommend him. Also, the waiting room is always chaotic as he sees patients from Cypress Creek as well so they can be loud and the people obnoxious. Staff sits behind a closed wall and window and don't do anything. Office is in a bad part of town as well.

October 29th, 2015
DR. Flowers I have been seeing him for four years. He is easy to talk to, and has a great sense of humor like me.

October 12th, 2015
Terrible visit. Inappropriate matters. Talking about my weight. 2 hours waiting. He said he came from Cypress Creek Hospital his first job and holds up customers in waiting more than 2 hours. I go out to lunch after his first job. Ridiculous waiting. Never again.

August 14th, 2012
Great Dr.
My children have been seeing Dr,flowers for over 3 to 4 years and he to me has the best bedside manner. He and his staff are great with the patients. I wound not go any where else.

July 25th, 2012
I am getting another doctor
I have been seeing doctor Flowers for several years now and don't feel like I am getting any better. He just keeps adding medication. I am Not happy at all.

June 30th, 2012
Good sense of humor
I used to see Dr. Lucas in the Woodlands, but i don't think he was that great. then I found Dr. Flowers, he has a great sense of humor, caring, patience with me, explains things to me. I think he is great.

December 9th, 2011
Have had to wait as long as 2-1/2 hours. Runs people thru like cattle. Waiting room can be total chaos .. no staff will take responsibility to quiet unruly patients .. "The inmates are running the asylum". Days, one time over a week, despite numerous contacts from pharmacy and patient to get approval on prescription refills. Generally left with feeling that in it for the money ... feel he doesn't really care about his patients ... nor does his staff care. Was told by answering service that "Dr. Flowers doesn't do patient prescription refills on the weekend"... when patient and pharmacy had been trying for 6 days (Mon-Sat) to get his office to respond. Have changed Doctors. Very slow (sometimes days) to return a phone call.

November 15th, 2011
Shopping before patients
Will often make patients wait up to 3 hours, then he shows up with shopping bags from very expensive stores. Will attempt to pass you off to a PA. Does not like to work. All Style no substance

February 28th, 2011
I have found Dr. Flowers to be personable and caring. He has been able to tell how I'm feeling by looking at my face. I have been very pleased that he was able to get the combination of my medications just right in a very short period of time. Even though I had a long wait to see him in his office, he took time to talk to me about was happening with me. I feel that the wait is worth going to see Dr. Flowers.

May 10th, 2010
The worst doctor in the world
I had the worst experiance , the doctor did not corporate. He asked me what my diagbosis was ?????? He did not remember the medications that he prescribed to me.