Nephrologists
100 Ucla Medical Plz
Ste 690
Los Angeles, CA 90024
310-824-3664
Locations and availability (3)

• Currently 3.7741935483871 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.4193548387097 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  One of the best doctors  |  show details
Jul 19th, 2014

Dr. Froch was recommended to me by my friend's daughter who is a medical doctor at UCLA. Dr. Froch diagnosed my kidney disease correctly after I was previously misdiagnosed by two nephrologists. He is very smart and has great bedside manner. Beside the thorough physical exam, he spent time going through my lab results and was able to tell me the prognosis. I drove about 130 miles round trip to see him. I am very grateful and consider myself lucky to find such a highly professional physician. The staff at the front desk were very courteous and pleasant to deal with. The nurse is very organized. She made copies of my lab results and arranged my documents ahead of my visit to the office.

by Scott on Feb 8th, 2013

Dr. Froch saved my father's life after he was misdiagnosed by multiple other physicians. I would not hesitate to recommend any family member or friends to him.

Feb 2nd, 2013

Dr. Froch has been my primary physician for years. In my opinion the office used to be a lot more caring and concerned with patients when he was at UCLA. Moving to Cedars Sinai has made his office commercial and careless about patients. I had a very bad back pain and when I called him he sent me for x ray administrating steroid pills to make the inflammation go away. Steroid did not help so he sent me to do an MRI. I had appointment at 1:30 for MRI but when I went I was told that they could not do the MRI because they did not have the prescription for it. I called dr. Froch's office at 1:43 pm. on Friday to find a recording to say the office was closed and if I needed a doctor to call 911 !!!!!! To make the story short after 2 hours the MRI staff finally got the prescription (they must have a back door to contact the doctor because I could not). Finally I had my MRI done on Friday January 25th and was told the result would be ready sent to my doctor at the latest Tuesday. I called twice after Tuesday to get my result and was told the doctor would call me, but after a week I still have not heard of Dr. Froch and my MRI result...... I guess either he was too busy or he had more important patient and no time for a 5 minutes call to tell me what is going on with my back. It is just very sad to see your doctor so careless.....

|  VEY SPECIAL AND RARE DOCTOR  |  show details
Aug 6th, 2012

Dr. Froch has seen me thru cancer - dialysis and eventually a kidney transplant. He is one of the few doctors left that will take as much time as needed to make sure he answers all of your questions and is grat with follow-up. After Obamacare i hope this stays the same. We will see. He is my favorite doctorand I have many.

|  Excellent Physician, Excellent Receptionist  |  show details
Dec 12th, 2011

Dr. Froch is caring, accurate, and dedicated. It's rare to find this combination in a physician today.The receptionist, Wendy, is terrifc. The nurse/medical assistant is rude and should really consider another profession!

Oct 20th, 2011

Great doctor. Wow.

|  Great doctor, greart receptionist, rude nurse  |  show details
Oct 14th, 2011

Dr. Froch is a very caring and patient doctor with great bedside manners. His receptionist, Wendy is excellent. However, his nurse, Ella, has a bad attitude and should chose another profession!

|  Great Doctor, nurse incredibly rude.  |  show details
May 31st, 2011

Before seeing Dr. Froch I read all the reviews on this site about how great a doctor he is. Well it's true. He truly listens to you and does a great job in diagnosing one's problems. His nurse though I couldn't believe how rude she was for no reason. She's definitely in the wrong profession. I would highly recommend Dr. Froch though. I think it's more important to have the right doctor than the wrong nurse.

|  Ella, the Medical Assistant, is rude, unreliable, and unprofessional  |  show details
Mar 1st, 2011

REGARDING PREVIOUS COMMENTS ABOUT STAFF:1. " Only negative is his nurse in the office is lazy, mean, and does as little as possible. The receptionist is wonderful!"2. "Unfortunately, I find the front office at Dr. Froch's office to be unapologetically rude and condescending."I concur!!! Ella lacks the mindset and mentality of a true professional nurse (and knows not what she doesn't know). In my book, she gets an "F" in the areas of customer service, timely follow-thru, communication skills, and critical thinking. Plus she's dishonest (I've caught her lying to cover her butt on more than one occasion).Dr. Froch should seriously consider getting rid of her. Her presence only brings his whole office down.

Feb 11th, 2011

Great Doctor. Spends time with you and answers all of your questions. He is super busy but never rushes you. I think he lives at the hospital - he is there all hours. Returns pages promptly no what time of day it is or even if it is a holiday. Only negative is his nurse in the office is lazy, mean and does as little as possible. The receptionist is wonderful!

by John E. Gibson IV on Nov 3rd, 2010

Dr. Froch is adept, courteous and attentive. He takes the time to explain every step of his examination, diagnosis and treatment. Although I am still in treatment, I am confident that Dr. Larry Froch and the surgical team at UCLA will see me though to best possible end for my condition. Unfortunately, I find the front office at Dr. Froch's office to be unapologetically rude and condescending.

|  g  |  show details
Oct 16th, 2010

g

Aug 17th, 2010

wonderful doctor. expert diagnostician. superb bedside manner. he makes you feel like you are his only patient, but you know youre not.

May 13th, 2009

amazing doctor. thinks outside the box and can clinch the diagnosis that others miss.

|  A great doctor  |  show details
May 11th, 2009

He almost lives in hospital.