Dr. Larry Gersten MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedics Reconstructive Surgery Laguna Woods, CA

• Good
  • Bad

February 14th, 2017
Dr. Gersten was a professional! He answered all my questions thoroughly. Don't know if the treatment will help yet, or I will have to get further treatment, but I feel confident Dr. Gersten will help.

August 10th, 2016
Incompetent and Rude
Really incompetent and rude, this doctor Larry Gersten is guilty of malpractice in a hip surgery; he should be removed.

June 10th, 2016
Seriously ?
I had a consult with this guy in 2007 as I was having issues with my left knee a couple years after having arthroscopic surgery for a torn meniscus. The facility performed x-ray, I sit down with this guy, he's looking at x-ray and he's excessively amused at the image as the x-ray "picked up" the white piping that went down the length of what were my biking pants. Anyway, after intimating to him that I had arthroscopic surgery three years earlier for torn meniscus and I was experiencing more pain, more instability, he looks at me and says "join a gym and lose some weight". I'm like seriously ?, are you even listening to me ? I, at the time was 6'2 (still am !) and 240 lbs. What a waste of time and a waste of whatever my copay was. I then got consult with another Ortho. Surgeon. He confirmed instability of the knee by having me walk on my toes then heels at which point I dropped to the floor. He gave me a cortisone shot for pain, awesome. Scheduled an MRI that revealed tears and debris, completed arthroscopic surgery, no issues since 2007. Seriously ? Half star ...

March 10th, 2015
Staff included is amazing! Would recomed this doctor highly!

August 6th, 2014
Surgery
Would not choose him again. Spends time with you before surgery (pre-op) visits but after surgery does not give you the time of day. Bedside manners not good-real bad. Diagnosis is not good and he does NOT listen to what you tell him at all.

May 29th, 2013
Patient
The office is top notch. All of the staff is very professional. I like the karma and I feel very comfortable feeling I get. Dr Gersten and Kathleen are great.

March 15th, 2012
Total Knee Replacement
I had been in pain for years. Dr Gersten and Kathleen (PA) were great! They did all they could including an Orthoscopic proceedure and Cynvisk injections to ease my pain but it the end, my knee needed to be replaced. I am an ex-professional athlete and Olympian and I coach baseball, football and soccer. Prior to the replacement, I was in severe pain nearly all the time. I could not walk more than 100 yards without having to sit and my knee would swell up like crazy. I had to stop coaching, close my catering company and sell my restaurants because I could not be on my feet for too long. As I write this, I am on day 16 of the recovery. I walked a half a mile yesterday and I will be losing the walker this weekend to use a cane. I am AMAZED on how little it has hurt and the range of motion gets better everyday. I anticipate a full recovery in a couple months and should be able to resume excersizing, living life with my family and coaching very soon. I am so impressed with the job Dr. Gersten and his team did and would recommend anyone in need of a total joint replacement utilize Dr. Gerstens skill and expertise and have him do it! Great Job Doc!

April 2nd, 2017