Family Practitioner, Surgical Specialist
24331 El Toro Rd
Ste 200
Laguna Woods, CA 92637
949-586-3200
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Patient  |  show details
by Victoria Martin on May 29th, 2013

The office is top notch. All of the staff is very professional. I like the karma and I feel very comfortable feeling I get. Dr Gersten and Kathleen are great.

|  Total Knee Replacement  |  show details
Mar 15th, 2012

I had been in pain for years. Dr Gersten and Kathleen (PA) were great! They did all they could including an Orthoscopic proceedure and Cynvisk injections to ease my pain but it the end, my knee needed to be replaced. I am an ex-professional athlete and Olympian and I coach baseball, football and soccer. Prior to the replacement, I was in severe pain nearly all the time. I could not walk more than 100 yards without having to sit and my knee would swell up like crazy. I had to stop coaching, close my catering company and sell my restaurants because I could not be on my feet for too long. As I write this, I am on day 16 of the recovery. I walked a half a mile yesterday and I will be losing the walker this weekend to use a cane. I am AMAZED on how little it has hurt and the range of motion gets better everyday. I anticipate a full recovery in a couple months and should be able to resume excersizing, living life with my family and coaching very soon. I am so impressed with the job Dr. Gersten and his team did and would recommend anyone in need of a total joint replacement utilize Dr. Gerstens skill and expertise and have him do it! Great Job Doc!

|  only interested in obtaining your co-pay  |  show details
Nov 4th, 2011

When I approached Dr. Gersten for a comprehensive exam to check for and rule out conditions which run in my family I had hoped for a consultation, but what I received was less involved than my time in the drive-thru at a chain restaurant. He was unprofessional, looked at his watch starting 2 minutes in to the exam and conducted x-rays on the wrong portions of my anatomy. My referring doctor permanently removed him from their list of referrals after I informed their office of what occurred during my visit. Unless you have a broken toe avoid this practice.

|  Dr. Gersten is very caring  |  show details
by Sharon on Aug 18th, 2008

Dr. Gersten is very caring. He has a kind demeanor and is not an alarmist. He has been my orthopedic surgeon for a few years. He jokes when he feels that he needs to de-stress the situation. Thank you Dr. Gersten for all you do!

|  HIPS , SHOULDERS  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2008

Dr. Gersten is very professional on what he does with you. He also has conserns about your health and well being. He does not do any name calling or talk about you any time. I like how his demeanor is with you and gives you time to talk with him. Dr. Gersten I have left you two messages and I have not got a respons back. Can you call me Please.