Dr. Larry Herron MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

June 22nd, 2015
Excellent surgeon - No bedside manner
I do not know how accurate his diagnosis was - I haven't yet consulted with another surgeon. However I would say he is well educated and knows what he is talking about. if you want no non-sense minimally invasive approaches he is the guy to go to. if you want to be coddled and told the fact that you are 75 pounds overweight doesn't effect your back pain go to some 30 year old fresh out of school who will tell you anything.

April 8th, 2015
He has his own views on the procedure I came to him to inquire about, sure he is a fine surgeon, just not great or even good bedside manner.

September 2nd, 2013
Run don't walk
Run, don't walk from this office. This doc is offensive to say the least and spends no time, says he never got the MRI report and kissed it all off with a phone call that said, "You don't need surgery, you just have some arthritis".

June 15th, 2013
Dr. Herron saved my life
I went to Dr. Herron with such back pain that I could barely function. I had tried PT, shots, acupuncture, chiropractic to mitigate the pain with no success. Dr. Herron came highly recommended and I was willing to do anything he suggested. He and Dr. Phillip Kissel performed surgery, a laminectomy and fusion and at last I found relief. I have total faith in his expertise and followed his after-surgery directions to the 'T' including wearing a brace for six months. He is very strict and does not abide his patient not following his rules, which I felt was reasonable. Today, after 18 months, I am a new person, pain-free, and able to function well. He has followed up my case every step of the way for 18 months. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone who wants an excellent orthopedic surgeon who gets results and does not need to be babied.

June 5th, 2012
lower back problem
I went to this Dr and have never been so shocked at the way this he spoke to me in my life. He was very, very nasty. Wouldn't answer or even talk about my lower back which is so bad I can hardly walk. His answer was get a gastric bypass and your back will be healed. I couldn't believe, I'm not the only one he has said this to. I read his reviews. It sounds like he just tells everone the same thing, I know he never looked and my xrays or my MRI. What a Jerk.

May 23rd, 2012
Horrible Bedside Manner
I was referred to Dr. Herron after a lumbar MRI showed degeneration and other problems at one level. Dr. Herron would not discuss my back. He told me to have gastric bypass to lose 75 pounds and maybe then my back pain would go away. When I tried to discuss specifics, he said "I'm not here to debate." He makes you strip down to you underwear for the consult. After Herron, I went to on to see two other surgeons, both of whom were very kind, spent time with me discussing the MRI, my pain level, and treatment options. I wound up at Stanford for minimally invasive fusion and was told that my condition is congenital, was not caused by being overweight, will not go away from loss of weight, and will only get worse if I don't have surgery. A friend of mine had the same experience with Herron and later, after consulting with another surgeon, found out he has stage 3 bone cancer. Herron also told him weight was to blame and loss of weight would solve his pain troubles. Good thing he got a second opinion from someone who cares. If he'd listened to Herron, he'd be dead.

February 17th, 2012
a waste of time and in much pain
After being diagnosed with Degenerative disc disease for 15 plus years trying everything to avoid surgery I went to Dr Herron to discusss the possibilties. He said surgery was not the answer and sugessted I get an spinal epidermal. I explained that I am 60 yrs old and want to dicuss surgery options. I also mentioned that I have been doing some research on line about the options available. He said 90% of online information is false. He would not go over the MRI report or give me a copy of the report. He was not interested in explainiong an MRI report I had from 6 months prior or xrays I had with me. He was disrespectful to me and my request and gave my all of 10 minutes of his time.

May 31st, 2011
I can function
I would recommend any one to have Dr. Herron for and spinal problem. Following his advice I was able to return to work with a better understanding of why I had injured my back in the first place. I am not an easy patient. But this time I listened. Up until the time of another incident I had no troubles with the surgery.

May 18th, 2011