Dr. Larry Hirons Is this you?

1.5

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. Larry Hirons?

creepily religious, too

Posted on January 29th, 2012

On my first (and last) visit to him, he remarked a propos of nothing that he believed that when we die we all get new bodies in Heaven. This was out of the blue, as if he presumed that I was religious too (I am not), and I that shared his general type religion (quite offensive). But most of all, I am interested in a doctor who will be interested in taking care of THIS body in THIS life. I did not go back.

Posted on August 9th, 2011

I agree that he has not changed over the years. Dr Hirons was our family doctor from 1975-1978. In 1978 I was experiencing great abdominal discomfort so my father took me in to see Dr Hirons (I was 14 at the time). After a short examination, Dr Hirons recommended that it was stress related, and told my father to read a book called "The Relaxation Response". About a week later the pain got worse, but Dr Hirons refused to see me again until my father finished reading this book. Well we switched doctors, and the new doctor correctly diagnosed me with lactose intolerance. I cut out milk and the pain went away. Dr Hirons wasted alot of our time, and alot of our money misdiagnosing common ailments such as this.

Exceptional

Posted on March 31st, 2011

Dr. Hirons is a very professional primary care provider. He uses a very hands-down, no bull approach to medicine. So far as compassion toward people, I've read reviews of him being short with temper and such...the man is paid to diagnose, treat and if not, refer you to a specialist...not to be your best friend.

Posted on June 11th, 2010

From reading a recent review of this doctor, I see that he hasn't changed. Years ago, this man treated me in the most supercilious manner. Based on his own arrogant moralism, he discounted my report that my alcohol consumption was moderate and misdiagnosed me as an alcohol abuser based on abnormal liver enzyme readings. I was later diagnosed with a liver-affecting disease totally unrelated to any alcohol use. Fly from this man!

Posted on February 26th, 2010

I would not recommend this doctor!

Crude, impatient and arrogant.

Posted on January 10th, 2010

I went to see him with my two kids in tow. It was late afternoon and my 2 y/o son was getting tired and cranky. Hirons looked irritated and told my son impatiently to be quiet. I explained he was tired, and Hirons shamed my parenting skills, explaining he wasn't tired and there must be a lack of punishment in my parenting skills.He insulted my daughter for climbing on the bed and talking to much by saying, "They have medication for kids like that". Ignorant to the idea that we had just sat for over 30 min. and that they might just be bored and tired.He returned to a conversation of how tired he is that people abuse state medical services by coming in for every sneeze and then expect those who pay taxes to pick up the bill.He also stated that people intentionally do things like smoke ciggerettes and then run to the doctor expecting to be cured for the illness it causes so they can go back to smoking. A friend (Against my advice), went to him one day for a refill on wellbuterin to help lose wieght and stop smoking. Hirons told her he shouldn't even bother, she made herself become grossly obese and he shouldn't have to fix it for her. After 20 minutes of arguing and crying he reluctently agreed by telling her she had one month to use it and lose 30lbs or he wouldn't renue it. My friend left there and sat crying as I drove her home.The man is impatient, cruel, inconsiderate and insulting. After my first visit, I left, complained to his supervisor and changed physicians.

Posted on April 22nd, 2017