Dr. Larry Horton Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Larry Horton?

Bipolar Disorder

Have you seen Dr. Larry Horton?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

February 12th, 2017

Excellent doctor who spends time with his patients and explains everything.

November 9th, 2015

No longer in practice After 6 mos. stop advertising like you are !!! your retired !!!!Not even a phone call, or letter leaving me know leaving me with out my seizure meds. Hope you need medication and your Dr does the same to you!!!!!!!

October 28th, 2015

I found Dr. Horton to be Professional, however, personal as well. He Found a couple of things wrong that no one else came across. So for that I am very grateful to him and will always be..

August 24th, 2014

Dr. Horton vacillated between two diagnoses, never being definitive. And his explanations were too technical for the average patient, perhaps a way of showing off. Despite being symptom free for over three months, Dr. Horton wanted to see me again in six months. My response was, "Do we have to?" He backed off and said to call if the problem recurs. Yes, I will see Dr. Horton again if the problem recurs (since he's treated the situation already). At that time I'll ask him for an explanation in layman's terms.

January 14th, 2014

Doctor who takes his time

This doctor takes time to lisen, will talk to patient and family members at the office or by phone if necessary. He does not care if your 15 minute appointment is over. You can find that he stays in his office late at night trying to catch up on requests and phone calls. He is very intelligent and if he does not know the answer, he will reseach it. He will not push prescriptions just because. He investigates on how other people are doing with drugs just released. He looks at tests ordered and will call you immediately if he finds something negative. If you are looking for a quick fix and something that favors your wants not your medical needs. He is not for you.

April 15th, 2013

Kind and Caring to a Scared Patient

Dr. Horton saw me after being in the hospital for 3 months, 2 mos of which I was in a coma. I was scared and did not know what happened or what the damage may have been. Dr. Horton spent a considerable amount of time with me, sent me for an EEG, and a member of his staff also performed peripheral neuropathy tests on my arms and legs. At the conclusion of all this testing, Dr. Horton sat down with me and explained the results of all tests, reassured me that all was fine with the EEG, but that I had peripheral neuropathy in both arms and legs. He recommended and implemented physical therapy at my home. He was kind, gentle, understanding, and thorough. He eased my mind so much during this stressful time.

February 13th, 2013

Bad experience

Awful experience. Dr. Horton wrongly diagnosed me with epilepsy, a serious disorder. In so doing, he relied on a 20 min EEG, done at a local hospital. During the visit when he actually made the diagnosis, he quickly gave me "anti-seizure" drugs which were samples he received from his drug marketing reps. He told me not to drive and take the medication and he would see me back six weeks later. After seeing a true epileptic specialist in Tampa, I was told that there is a protocol for diagnosing epilepsy, which Dr. Horton did not follow. After going through a battery of tests and the true protocol, and spending thousands of dollars, I was told I did not have epilepsy, nor did I fit the profile. Truly disappointed in this doctor and I, personally, question his abilities to make a proper diagnosis. Fortunately, I was smart enough to seek a second opinion from a specialist in epilepsy. In retrospect, Dr. Horton should have referred me to one, before turning my world upside down.

February 4th, 2012

Horton didn't seem to care how I felt. He seemed condescending and made my entire experience unpleasant. Also he closes so early it's difficult to get an appointment if you work standard business hours/days.

December 8th, 2011

Unresponsive staff, Doctor/office is often closed during stated business hours with no explanation. Doctor and staff non-responsive to emergencies and when visiting in hospital, he could not blow through quicker. I do not yet have an opinion in the accuracy of his diagnosis. In his defense, he gets favorable reviews from his peers that I trust.

September 18th, 2010

Pill Pusher

Came to Dr. Horton with vertigo problems,,said take pills,,come back later...didn't help with the problem,found anothe Doctor who did help.

July 8th, 2010

Long-Time Patient

I read a review saying that he leaves you without your meds for weeks which is certainly untrue, my husband has been seeing Dr. Horton for eight years, my husband takes medication that he requires on a daily basis, and he has NEVER went without a refill, it's a simple as calling the office or going in for an appointment as necissary.

June 14th, 2010

GREAT DOCTOR AND THE BEST OF BEDSIDE MANNER. DR. HORTON IS FOCUSED AND VERY PROFESSSIONAL. HIS ACCURACY IN MAKING MY DIAGNOSIS SAVED MY LIFE. I AM SO VERY THANKFUL OF DR. HORTON'S CARE AND CONCERN.