Dr. Larry Houk Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Larry Houk?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 29th, 2016

Best OB/GYN provider

Dr. Houk is an amazing provider. He took care of me and delivered all 4 of my kids! He has wonderful bedside manners. He takes his time and answers any questions.

April 13th, 2016

Horrible surgeon

He severed my left ureter during surgery and did not accept responsiblity for it. He also did not prescript a hormone replacement after the hysterectomy. I told him in the hospital that something was wrong and I was ignored. He would not see me until a month after my surgery. Horrible person.

January 7th, 2016

Dr. Houk is great. He listen's when you talk. I mentioned that I thought I was pregnant, and he offered to do a test, but recommended doing a home test based on the cost of doing it in the office. He told me a home test is the same thing they do there for the urine test, so I could know without spending a fortune. He is also took great care to try and make my pap smear comfortable. I am excited to have him as a doctor during my pregnancy.

November 15th, 2015

great doctor/obgyn. He is very thoughtful, kind, and friendly. He is very honest and you can ask him any question without thinking it is dumb.

April 14th, 2015

Extremely frustrating experience

Have problems but can't get doctor to see me. Interns can't answer my questions. My whole experience has been nothing but frustrating. Neither of my doctors that performed my surgery will see me for a follow-up visit and I am having problems that the interns I have been forced to see cannot answer. I need to talk to the surgeon who was there in the operating room and can tell me what was done. They both told my wife after surgery to call if there were any problems, but now they don't care. What kind of doctor won't see his patients? I can barely breathe at all out of one my nostrils. I am worse than I was before surgery and have a terrible nasal sound when I talk. I would never recommend this doctor, or OU Medical.

August 19th, 2014

Best experience!

I had my 3rd baby via c section on a Sunday in March. We knew towards the end that it would be a c section because my baby was breech but I was still two weeks from the scheduled date when I went in to L&D having contractions. He wasn't the doctor on call but came right up to do my c section anyway. This was the 1st child that he delivered of mine and it was by far the best experience. His entire staff is amazing. My pregnancy was great under his care, he has always treated me with respect and kindness. After our son was born he came in and sat with us everyday of my hospital stay, examined me, and made us feel special. My well woman check ups always go smoothly with him and anytime that I have required urgent appointments I have gotten in to see him quickly. I would like to note that my pregnancy was high risk.

June 3rd, 2014

Please don't use him.

Dr. Houk delivered my first and only child. Horrible bed side manner. From what I have gathered almost won't do a csection even if it is in the best interest of child and baby. Not helpful and shrugs off what can be and in my case turned out to be very important issues. Please ask around and found a doctor who really will give you the best care for you and your child.

March 2nd, 2014

HORRIBLE!

I would never recommend him to any family members. He was terrifying, I almost lost my son due to him. He never informed me that I had a two blood vessel cord. Every visit was uncomfortable and he ALWAYS talked down to me. Every time I would ask a question(being a ftm) he would make me feel stupid and wouldn't even answer it with a serious answer. Towards the later months of my pregnancy I started showing signs of Pre-Eclampsia and took a urince test. It was positive for protein. He told me no worries that it wasn't serious. I started gaining weight very fast, and became very swollen. On the 39th week of my pregnancy I became dizzy, and couldn't even walk cause my feet were so swollen. I went to the E.R and my blood pressure was out the roof. It took them 4 hours to admit me, because he wouldn't give them a yes or no answer. When finally admitted they hooked me up to Magnesium and Pictocion. My labor was 24 hours long, my heart began to drop and so did my baby. I finally felt the urge to push, and the nurses told me to wait. Reasoning was because doctor was "cleaning" out his fridge. Finally he showed up and I pushed for ten mins. Towards the end of pushing my baby's heart dropped very low.. they couldn't tell if it was mine or the baby. He started screaming at me to push or my baby would die. I pushed and when he came out he had the cord wrapped around his kneck three times. And all the doctor said was, "Oh sorry..". My baby didn't breathe for five minutes and they thought he was dead. During the process he had already left the room. My baby was in the NICU for a week, with breathing complications. The nurses told me that more than likely my baby would be brain dead. When discharging me he did nothing but smirk and make me feel like it was my fault. I reported him to the hospital and all the nurses say they hate him. I don't recommend him to anyone. He should have his license revoked. The nurses also said I should have had a C-Section but he said he didn't feel comfortable doing them. He preferred vaginal. One last thing he made fun of me on how I "push". Screw him, NO ONE GO TO HIM. Thank God, my boy is healthy and has no health problems that we can detect atm.

September 4th, 2013

Awesome Dr!

Dr. Houk delivered all 4 of my kids! He has great bedside manners! Is an awesome doctor. Spent time with us and answered any questions we had! Very funny and has a great personality. If you need a wonderful and caring OB/GYN Dr. Houk is the doctor for you.

June 11th, 2013

Will never go back

I already dread seeing a gynecologist, but this doctor has made my fears much worse. I waited about an hour both times I saw this doctor. I felt like he was talking AT me and not to me almost the whole time, basically telling me how he helps his other patients. It made me uncomfortable and confused when he kept using euphemisms. He also gave me advice, and I felt it was uncalled for. He prescribed me a medication but later and without seeing him, my prescription was changed (don't know who did it). The other time I saw him, he yelled at me as he was leaving, and I didn't feel like he had a reason to . I will never see this doctor again and can't think of anyone I'd recommend him to. Other people seem to like him, but I don't get it.

April 18th, 2013

Great bedside manner, not a good dr.

When I was pregnant with my son, he NEVER did a urine test. Other OBs do this as a matter of routine. When I asked him about it, it said it was a waste of time and money. When I was 6 months, I started having back pains that he diagnoses as false labor. He gave me brethine to take. It didn't help. I continued to have the pains, but he ignored me. About a week after I delivered I had those same pains and they quickly got MUCH worse. I was running a fever of 103, and I called and they didn't even have the decency to see me in a room. The nurse came out to the waiting room, handed me a cup and after they got the results, she just came out to the waiting room to tell me that I had a kidney infection. He then prescribed a medication that was not safe to take while nursing. He also prescribed a medication while I was pregnant that isn't safe for the baby. I read later that it could cause breathing problems in infants. My baby had severe asthma. Not to mention that I most likely had that kidney from about 6 ,months on. That is dangerous for the baby and the mom....My child has developmental delays that I have wondered was caused by the infection. All of that could have been avoided with a simple test. I have to wonder if he still doesn't do them.

November 6th, 2012

Knowledgable and caring

I actually switched from the GYN that did my complete hysterectomy to Dr Houk. At my other GYN, my fears and concerns were dismissed and I was told not to Google anything anymore. I was determined to find a doctor that would appreciate me being my own advocate. Dr Houk validated all my feelings and gave me solutions and very detailed advice. He didn't mind spending extra time with me, answering my many questions. He's very attentive and truly listens to his patients! I have just recommended him to my sister who just found out she was pregnant today.