Dr. Larry Silverman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

September 16th, 2014
what happened to you dr silverman?
Trying to dictate at 50 words per minute after clinical evaluation on voice recorder and makes mistakes and has audacity to yell at me when I tried to correct him. Does not care about patients anymore as I was one for a long time. Defames the character of a patient to other medical providers when patient is concerned and asks questions. Acts as if patient is committing a crime when patient is trying to figure out nature of their condition. This was just one of my experiences with this person--I no longer respect him as a clinician, physician or whatever he calls himself these days.

March 3rd, 2014
Never saw him-left after waiting 1 hour
If the staff had been even marginally polite and had expressed any regret over the long wait time, I would have stayed.

October 23rd, 2013
GREAT Doctor BUT...
Dr. Silverman is an exceptional doctor. very knowledgeable and has a great bedside manner. The issue is getting an appointment with him. You have to book 3 months in advance and god forbid you have to reschedule. I am trying to stick with him because he is such a great doctor, but the scheduling makes it hard. What is the point in having a great doctor if you can't see him

September 3rd, 2013
Good physician, unreasonable wait-times.
One has to question the potential to establish a good relationship with this doctor given extraordinary wait times. He is booked to the point that waits are three months. Though pleasant and obviously quite competent, my experience was quite average, nothing exceptional. While I understand he uses an electronic system for electronic charts, I know, too, it is possible to pace this so that the physician isn't typing for the bulk of the visit.. Again, excessive typing during visits undermines the sense of the physician's interest and concern, even if it's there. I know it is up to the doctor to decide how/ when to chart and I understand it helps the doctor time-wise to do it while the patient is in the room, but I would suggest some improved balance. I feel the wait-times are the biggest issue and wonder what the options are if one becomes ill suddenly? It's unsettling. Thorough, pleasant and clearly competent, we uge the doctor to reconsider his patient load and subsequent wait-times as well as how much typing/charting occurs during the visit.

July 20th, 2013
Saved my life; gave me hope
When I met Dr. Silverman 17 years ago, I was a 250 lb. weakling. His diagnosis saved my life. He professionalism and compassion is shared by few in his field. He is a good God fearing man and father; and I thank God for him!

April 22nd, 2013
disappointment
I won't go into details and I don't want to say anything bad specifically. Just after years of seeing Dr Silverman, I am truly disappointed.

April 20th, 2013
disappointment
After years of seeing this Dr he flipped out on me twice as if he had lost it. The first time I dismissed it and apologized as if I had done something wrong. The second time I told him how his incompetent staff had mixed up a simple request and he flips out becomes defensive and yells at me again. I advised him I didn't appreciate his tone especially after I shared how I had been through a recent trauma.All tthese. His lack on professionalism and bedside manner along with the 3 hour wait time is the reason I made the best decision in years and discharged myself as a patient. I don't even believe he diagnosed me correctly anyways.

October 18th, 2012
Very caring and thorough! Worth every minute of waiting, and every mile to get to his office!
One of the very best doctors i have EVER been blessed to be a patient.

July 30th, 2012
Great Dr.
Dr. Larry Singer is a great Dr. as well as a good human being. Kind and great at diagnosing. He cares about his patients return calls on time. Wonderful Dr.

July 25th, 2012
excellent physician!
I have had an excellent experience with Dr. Silverman. I went to see him after suffering with unexplained body aches and joint pain. He was sympathetic listening to my concerns, and assured me that I wasn't going crazy...He spent a lot of time with me explaining my diagnosis and what approach would be the most beneficial. He is very kind, and is wonderful in following up with patients. I had labs run and he called me the following day to explain the results. I can't express how impressed I am with Dr. Silverman. I am so glad that I was referred to him. I would highly recommend him to anyone. You may have to wait a little bit in the lobby, but once you are in with him, he will spend all the time he needs with you to properly explain things and answer any questions you may have...excellent doctor.

July 13th, 2012
Dr. Silverman is an incredible physician. He is extremely knowledgable, professional, congenial and very highly regarded by his peers.

September 21st, 2011
ONE OF THE FEW TRUE CARE GIVERS..
IT ISN'T EASY TO GET AND APPOINTMENT, YOU MAY HAVE TO WAIT. ONCE YOU ARE THERE YOU KNOW HE IS WORTH THE WAIT. A TRULY AMAZING DOCTOR, ONE OF A DYING BREED. I RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE NEEDING A GREAT RHEUMATOLOGIST.