A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Larry Kvols:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Larry Kvols is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Larry Kvols, MD is board certified in Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 23 areas:
- Breast Cancer
- Carcinoid Tumor
- Clinical Research
- Colon Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Kidney Cancer
- Kidney Cancer (Renal Cell Carcinoma)
- Liver Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Small Cell Carcinoma)
- Neuroendocrine Tumors
- Ovarian Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Rectal Cancer
- Soft Tissue Cancer (Sarcoma)
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Kvols graduated from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston. He has 10 awards.
Dr. Kvols has 2 hospital affiliations:
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Ins
- The Tampa General Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Kvols accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - 4 plans
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 9 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- AvMed Health Plans - 7 plans
- Americhoice - 1 plan
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Larry K. Kvols practice?
Dr. Larry Kvols practices Medical Oncology near Tampa, FL.
Additional practice locations include: Saint Louis, MO.
See Tampa Oncologists.