Dr. Larry Lawrence MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

July 25th, 2016
Dr Lawrence was amazing. I had the best pregnancy care with him & a painless c-section. I wish he was still in lubbock

April 7th, 2016
Never Again
Bad experience, will never ever go there again. It was hard to find the office, the wait times were ridiculous, and the desk staff professionally rude (meaning they stayed professional but were as unhelpful as they could get away with). After and hour in the waiting room, I got to also wait, half naked, for almost half an hour in the office before anyone even entered the room... the very cold room. The women's wellness exam was a hello, quick and rough peek, and goodbye. I had questions but felt so unheard, unwanted, and didn't think I would be able to believe his answers even if he gave me one.

March 29th, 2016
Dr Lawrence delivered all four of my children and is an excellent Dr. He has been my OB for many years and never had any problems. I am shocked to see any negative reviews, makes me wonder if we're talking about the same person...

November 29th, 2015
Best doctor I ever had!

October 24th, 2014
I am myself a physician, and I am very frustrated and shamed to see someone as unprofessional, uncaring, and ignorant as Dr. Lawrence in my field. I was referred to Dr. Lawrence for a ER follow up visit after a missed miscarriage. He was 1 hour and 30 minutes late, and no one ever came in to explain what is going on and apologized to me. I was just sitting in the exam room and waiting like an idiot. When he finally walked into the exam room, he apparently had not read my chart at all. His first question was "how old are you?". I understand that Dr. Lawrence's time is valuable, but so is mine. If I had to spend 15 minutes to fill up all the medical history and answered all questions from the nurse, why could not you just spend 1 minute reading it before you came to talk to me? Then he started to exam my heart and lung. I know that Ob/Gyns dont care about heart and lung, but since you have decided to do it, at least do it the right way, or pretend to do it the right way. What he did was such a joke. His stethoscope was literally on my heart for half a second, which was not long enough for even one heart beat. then he asked me to breath deeply to exam my lung. normally, you do it for 6-8 spots on the back, and for each spot, you have to listen for at least a whole cycle including both inhalation and exhalation. His stethoscope left my chest even before I finish the inhalation phase. Moreover, he doesnt have ultrasound at his office. you have to make an appointment with a imaging center to get the US done, then another appointment with him to get the result. Anytime you call his office, it takes at least 10 minutes to get someone on the phone. When you call for result, his staff will tell you" ANY blood work will take at least 7-10 business days, not including holidays and weekends." seriously? what kind of blood work will take that long? Diseases can progress significantly in 1 week and people may die from that waiting! I have visited a lot of doctors, and this is definitely the worst experience ever. Either from a patient or a colleague's perspective, he is a very bad doctor.

March 22nd, 2012
Takes forever at the appointments BUT he is awsome. I dont wait usually. But again, for him I will. He is the best at his profession.

June 2nd, 2011
I have been a patient of Dr. Lawrences for the past 7 years. He delivered my son and has been an incredible Ob/Gyn. On my first appt he spent around 15 minutes just getting to know me and asking about my family. He is very compassionate and I feel he truly cares about his patients.

November 3rd, 2010
My sister recommended me to Dr lawrence with my first pregnancy in 07-08 and I thought he was great. My sister & I were both pregnant with our 2nd child in 09 & returned as Dr lawrence patients. He & his staff were very nice & helpful. My overall view is Dr lawrence was very professional & nice. I felt taken care of & that mine & my baby's health was his first priority. I will definitely return if I ever have another child, & I would definitely recommend him to a friend.

October 6th, 2009
ASK FOR A SECOND OPINION!
He pushed a C-section because of herpes the whole pregnancy and I refused and then at the end he told me one was needed absolutely and I was scheduled for a C-section. After getting a new gynecologist for the next baby I was told that C-section is NOT required that suppression meds can be given and other precautions taken to ensure the babies safety. Now because of my C-section I could never have a natural birth, have endometriosis and severe uterine scarring and cannot even get pregnant or carry a child to term. It may be more convenient for him and thats why his C-section rates are so high but fight for yourself to have the birth that you want and don't be afraid to find another Dr if you are not comfortable with what you are hearing. No matter how far along you are. Please learn from my mistake.