Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat)
Video profile
Southeast Jacksonville
Mayo Clinic hospital
4500 San Pablo Rd S
Jacksonville, FL 32224
904-953-0853
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

|  Success  |  show details
by Eithne Scelzi on Jun 24th, 2013

Thank you Dr. Lundy for such a successful outcome to my Stapedectomy reconstruction surgery. I put it off for several years and I'm glad I found you at Mayo Clinic. I waited several years and can't believe what I was missing all those years. You spent time with me, answered all my questions, and the staff at Mayo were excellent. It was worth the drive and I'd do it again.

|  Uncessary surgery  |  show details
Oct 21st, 2012

I saw Dr Lundy several years ago. I was experiencing fullness in my ear. He told me I needed surgery to repair a hole in my superior ear bone. The worse pain in my life. I was told the numbness would go away. It never has and neither has the fullness sensation. Today I have a constant ringing in that ear. I regret letting him even touch my ear. Another ENT told me that unless a patient is having dizziness, surgery is always a last resort, with my type of condition. I regret this everyday.

|  Excellent doctor!  |  show details
Jan 25th, 2012

Restored my hearing. I was sure I needed hearing aid(s), but he simply drained the fluid behind the ears and voila, my hearing was restored.

|  show details
Nov 4th, 2011

I was impressed! As a nurse of 32 years I was very impressed by this doctors professionalism. He took time with us, answered all our questions, was personable and interested in helping the patient to understand his problem. He was thorough in his exam and definitive in his diagnosis, no wishy washy medical mumbo jumbo here! He gave it to us straight, with our options and was supportive in our choices. Bravo Dr. Lundy!

|  Cocky & Terrible bedside manners/rude!  |  show details
Aug 30th, 2011

Dr. Lundy did 2 of my inner ear reconstructive surgeries. As a physician, he is good with the scalp but he is very rude, cocky, and has no compassion, nor bedside manners. My surgery was intense, my ear was removed, bone cut to get to my inner ear, the day of the surgery I was in extreme pain afterwards, he refused to give me enough pain medication to make me comfortable. He actually argued with me post surgery about how much pain I should be feeling as if I was exaggerating. The nurse was embarrassed, apologized for his behavior and suggested I contact the director to file a complaint. I have one more surgery to go, I am going elsewhere. It's not like he did the surgery for free. I have had multiple ear surgeries and my first surgeon was very nice. I never saw Dr. Lundy for my follow up appointment as I refused to be seen by such an obnoxious individual. He acts as if he were God. Let me also add that I work with doctors and this guy took the cake....no bedside manners whatsoever! Who makes their patient cry post surgery and insults you? Dr. Lundy.....the Mayo Clinic is an excellent facility but this guy does not belong there, he does not reflect their values. Go someplace else like I am doing now.

|  show details
by Robert H. Blum, Naples Florida on Jan 14th, 2011

Staff excellent. no waiting time. diagnosis proably correct. HOWEVER,very cold showing no empathy. seemed like he was through with me and wanted to go on to his next patient. He should watch the film, "The Doctor" starring William Hurt. His reference to my age was most callous. extremsemly egotistical.

|  Mr. S. Pearson  |  show details
Feb 21st, 2010

This Dr knows waht he is doing.