Dr. Larry Onate MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

May 5th, 2015
What a Sham
This guy is a total pri**. He basically runs a cash based suboxone/meth clinic and pretends he has "real" clients. His visits consist of handing you a prescription until you are hooked, then continuing to do so to infinity. He offers no support, guidance, or anything else to get OFF this medicine, just a ridiculous taper that doesn't work. If you disagree with him w/r/t ANYTHING he threatens to "Terminate" you from treatment. OF COURSE he wouldn't provide comfort meds or help to get off medicine-- then you stop coming back! After my last visit with this guy, I just said "enough" and detoxed myself-- thank goodness I have a REAL psychiatrist to help. OH, another thing, the first year I was enrolled he decided he would not "take" insurance anymore and proceeded to bill me directly while he was still under contract as a provider--stole my money, pretty much. I found out and insurance FORCED him to reimburse me but he was FURIOUS and did not want anyone to find out. His support "personnel" are unlicensed, unsupervised clinicians for the most part though he did recently hire a NP who was actually good. I spend most of my time with her until I could get away from this megalomaniac. He's a real dirt***, he truly, truly is. I didn't change providers because it was inconvenient for me, but I am SO HAPPY to be done with "treatment". The idea that he is a "performance improvement" specialist is a JOKE. I never saw anyone there not there for an opiate script. He SAYS he has "real" clients, but come on. He's a scumb**, a revolting, disgusting man who is profiting off the suffering of others. Sure, he has a good bedside manner-- until you expose the REAL Oniate, then you will see the man as he truly is-- arrogant, rude, bullying, threatening. But I left on MY terms, not his. And it felt FANTASTIC.

January 20th, 2012
Best Dr. I have ever been to.
I have been seeing Dr. Onate for over 2 years now and he is the only doctor that makes you feel like he truly cares about you getting well. I don't feel like just another patient when I see him. I have had nothing but great interactions with all of the staff in the office and I would highly recommend Dr. Onate.

May 7th, 2011
The Best psychiatrist
Dr. Onate is awesome. He is extremely professional, and yet very personable. He provides exceptional care, and his supporting team is great as well. They are all extremely knowledgeable, and they explain everything to you and really make you feel like you are contributing to your own care by including you in the plan (which is great). It is always a positive experience going to see Dr. Onate.