Dr. Larry Pinter MD Patient Reviews

• Emergency Medicine Prosser, WA

1.0

March 1st, 2013
Horrible Care, Rotten bedside manner
I went to the ER suffering a seizure of some sort. I have been diagnosed with pseudoseizures, but have suffered grand mal and tonic clonic as well. He asked what was going on. I told him this as I was still twitching and told him I thought it was from pain due to my RSD. He asked how I got the disease, then proceeded to tell me there is no way I could possibly have it since it's self actuating and cures itself and there was no way I could have gotten it from tendonitis. I told him I was the one with the diagnosis and thought I probably knew more about the disease than he did. He proceeded to grab where my RSD is located and squeeze all the while I'm screaming at him to stop. I demanded to be released and he said he had to do his "required checks" . Needless to say, I left the hospital still twitching with a discharge to see my doctor the next day.

January 20th, 2012
Dr. Larry Pinter fails to complete basic neurological assessment on high risk patient in the EMERGENCY ROOM at Advocate Bromenn Normal Illinois
Presented to the ER at Advocate Bomenn In Normal Illinois with acute worsening NEUROLOGICAL symptoms from rare disease. The doctor was informed and provided with written documentation of Disease and current symptoms.... The acute symptoms were associated with NEUROTOXITY.... Dr. Larry Pinter NEVER evaluated any neurological findings, no hand grapes, no movement of limbs, no evaluation of sensation to peripheral nerves, no eye exam, no mini mental test..... Second complaint worsening of pain to throat, chest, and....lungs.... Dr. Larry Pinter.... Never evaluated lung sounds anterior or posterior for evidence of abnormalities.. Basic Standard of Care for assessment of ANY patient is to include complete neurological and respiratory exam.... The exam is VITAL for a patient that is presenting with the worsening symptoms of these body parts.... Dr. Larry Pinter states...." I assess the neurological status of patient just by conversation". Dr. Larry Pinter never ordered essential blood and urine tests that are necessary to confirm diagnosis.... Which are only ELEVATED. During acute attacks/ episodes.... Treatment for patients in a acute crisis is IV Fluid containing high Dextrose.... Dr. Larry Pinter never even offered a drink of water...During attacks.... Pain management is essential to treat pain symptoms...Dr. Larry Pinter never offered anything to alleviate severe pain.... Dr Larry Pinter only after discharge was initiated. And patient questioned why no neuro exam was provided the doctor said he would do one... Dr. Larry Pinter was caught are providing less than minimal basic care on a patient with a rare disease..... Basic assessments are the standard of care for patients anywhere, office, in hospital and to have a physician in An ER not even provide the basic is at most dangerous...If you must go to the hospital.. Beware of the standards if care provided by Dr Larry Pinter at Advocate Bromenn Hospital in Normal Illinois...