inactive

Overall Review

• 9 reviews

July 9th, 2013
Knowledgeable, but...
Dr. Butler is very knowledgeable, seems to be very good at diagnostics, and handles medical procedures well. However, when there is a follow up or a consult that requires more talking than intervention, he seems rushed. He walked into the exam room and began asking me questions that were not relevant, that a simple review of my chart would have revealed. I was rushed out with little time to ask questions and with little concern for my situation. I was simply told that I "look good". This experience was very similar to my last appointment, which was a post-op follow up. I am also routinely charged for services I don't receive. I plan to file complaints with my insurance company.

May 24th, 2013
This doctor saved my life.
One of the only things I miss about Lexington KY is Dr. Larry Butler! He diagnosed me with a rare pregnancy complication that another doctor had missed. He was caring and compassionate and took so much time to explain my condition. Before my c-section/hysterectomy, he came in to the pre-op room and held hands with my husband and me and prayed for a successful outcome. I had full confidence in him. He had a full medical team at my delivery to attend to my needs. This doctor delivered a healthy (though early) baby boy and literally saved my life. I will ALWAYS be grateful to him...

March 3rd, 2013
Beyond his qualifications
I wish I still lived in KY so he could be my doctor! When I first got pregnant I did not know that I would be considered high risk. The midwife I was appointed to see immediately handed me over to Dr. Butler's care. Even though he is not certified in maternal-fetal medicine, he knew exactly how to handle my pregnancy. He was confident, which made me confident in turn. When it came time for delivery, he prayed with me before (upon my request) and worked so quickly! He was brilliant.

September 14th, 2012
I never get the results of my blood work. I have had to call both times they were done.

July 28th, 2011
Treated me as a number and not a patient. Would not allow for questions, or further explination of my diagnosis. Overall I would say he was rude and unwilling to listen to my concerns as a patient. He actually walked out of the appointment without me knowing the appointment was actually over. Would never recommend him.

March 16th, 2011
The Best
He is the best doctor I ve ever been treated by. He looks at you as a human with a life and name not just the next file and good insurance. He really cares about you personaly. As for the complants on wait time. I never wait that long unless he delivering a baby which you have to do that anywhere you go and it would be unhumanitry not to understand that you will be seen after that.

January 27th, 2011
Will NEVER go back!
The first time I saw Dr. Butler I had to wait over 2 hours to get in. The second was over 2.5 hours. I gave him the benefit of the doubt after the first visit and I was mistaken. Each visit with him lasted MAYBE 10 minutes. When I made my appointment I told the operator what I wanted to talk to him about. The day of my appointment I told the nurse what I wanted to talk to him about. Yet he did not address my issue at all when in the room. I had to stop him while his hand was on the door ready to leave. He must have been too busy to look at my chart I guess. I have never felt so worthless with a doctor before. I felt as though he was talking down to me like I was an idiot. I was his patient!!! I was paying him to treat me like that?! The office even overcharged me for my copay, had to wait months to get a refund. I will never go back to see him, he is not worth my time or my money.I deserve better care than what he was willing to give. Miserable experience!

May 12th, 2010
Dr. Butler
Dr. Butler delivered my son... within a couple of days I had major problems.... he was great ... he doesn't sugarcoat anything but he knows his stuff.

July 28th, 2009
Don't go to him, really, there are much better doctors.
His midwives rushed me, didn't run proper routine tests, and just assumed that I was fine, without asking. Unless I'm losing at least 4 pounds a week and am ridiculously dehydrated, I'm not worth much attention. It was hard to ask questions or get them to listen to me without them trying to leave the room. Everyone seems to be very cocky, including the doctor. Also, he prescribed me meds that were never intended for pregnant women, cause stillbirths in animals, and are a last resort. Very unnecessary, very unhealthy for me and my child.