Dr. Larry Freeman MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

November 15th, 2013
patient
Dr. Freeman is very patient with my condition, TBI.(closed head injury.) He anaylizes the whole situation, including affects on family. Very knowledgeable and patient. After a office visit, I leave in a more positive state of mind. He makes my day.

April 12th, 2012
Nice guy, but disconnected.
Dr. Freeman seems like a nice enough guy but my experience with him wasn't particularly helpful. He doesn't listen very well and often appears to be falling asleep during a session. He also comes off as deeply insensitive at times. He has stock lines that he uses like, "I'm not sure you're going to like what I have to say", which would be fine if his analysis was more thoughtful and/or constructive. Nice guy, though.

June 18th, 2011
I saw Dr. Freeman with my husband for over a year. We went weekly, then bi-weekly, then monthly until we felt good enough about where we were in our relationship to stop going (with which Dr. Freeman agreed).He is no-nonsense and won't be for everyone, but he is a great doctor if his style is a fit for you. I have recommended him to several of my friends for both couple and individual therapy.

May 10th, 2011
He is crazy! I took my troubled teen daughter in there to get help.He retalited on me and said she should be takin out of my home because I am a bad mother! I only seen him for 5 min and warned him my daughter was manipulative and trying to flee to live with other relitives so she doesnt have to follow any rules. After 20 min alone with her he believed everything she said.He did not see her severe mental problems and did not help her.He charged $495. for a 40 min apt and assumed everything she said was true. Took it apon himself to foward nasty untrue letters to our family counselor and her family dr whom I work with!Good thing I know both of those people and they know I am just a conserned mother for a teen daughter going in the wrong direction. My daughter has severe mental probems and he said nothing is wrong with her!I would really think twice if you want to take a rebelious teen with mental problems to Mr Freeman.

December 24th, 2010
Dr Freeman doesn't play around-and that was what I needed at the time I was seeing him-someone to step up and make me accountable for my feelings. He definitely knows how to work with people and was harsh when he needed to be, and gentle/caring when that was needed too.

December 13th, 2016