Dermatologist (skin)

Dermatologist on Site? show details Dermatologist on Site?
by Disappointed Patient on Jan 31st, 2015

I called for an appointment with Dr. Patton based on his attendance at an upper-level med school and residency at Washington Med, a highly rated hospital. Additionally, he is old enough to be well experienced. The person who handled my call said that it would be months before I could get an appointment with Dr. Patton. She asked if I would see another of their doctors, and I agreed. I was seen by a physician's assistant. I expect to see a dermatologist as promised at the time I made the appointment. Proper procedure would have been for an evaluation by a dermatologist first, then passed of to a PA if the prescribed treatment was within the competency area of a PA. During the time I spent in the office all patients were seen by the same PA. In fact, I saw no dermatologist on site. It is my opinion that Dr. Patton simply lends his name to the practice and sees few if any patients. When I expressed my disappointment in my treatment to the attending nurse, she said that there were no other doctors associated with the practice, contrary to what I was told when I made the appointment.