Dr. Larry Wasser MD Patient Reviews

2.7

• Good
  • Bad

November 1st, 2016
Wait time makes me question whether I should find a different doctor
I have a major issue with doctors who think their time is far more valuable than yours and think it is OK to keep you waiting for sometimes an hour because they double and triple book. I would understand if it were a rare occurrence because someone was ill and needed to be seen, but this is quite obviously the M.O. of this practice. it has been addressed many times with the staff there. They are aware and unfortunately have to listen to complains about this every day but nothing changes because that is how Dr. Wasser wants it.. This doctor is also test happy. I have spent a couple of thousand dollars now going for one test after another (unnecessarily in my opinion), with the end result being the diagnosis and treatment he made when he first met me. He also wants you there every two or three weeks. At a $50 co-pay per visit, that is not happening.

January 25th, 2016
This dr. Is slower than molasses. You will wait forever. Unfortunately he missed diagnosed my mother wrong. He also had her going back to him every 3 weeks. My mom is on Medicare dose not drive so if she had to cancel or missed an appointment he still charged her. Stay far away from this practice.

September 21st, 2015
Don't see this nut!
Larry takes forever to see you, then rushes to his next. He over books and is rude and arrogant.

July 13th, 2015
Excellent experience with Dr. Wasser and staff. Very thorough and has a good sense of humor. Spent a great deal of time with us. Dr. Wasser effectively diagnosed and treated my husband giving him relief from symptoms.

April 6th, 2015
disappointed
Dr. Wasser is a capable doctor, but his arrogance and lack of interest in talking to the patient about issues being experienced, reactions to medications, or responding to questions is unsatisfactory. In general, he has a policy to NOT return calls. There are lung capacity and vital sign staff that he insists test you every visit and some are extremely unpleasant. Skill and intelligence are not enough.

September 16th, 2014
Just wants your money
Dr. Wasser is a smart, unethical, corrupt, and inconsiderate man. He can treat you (and send you to the radiology center that he's in cahoots with), but know that you're in a triple- booked time slot and that he only views you as a way to make money. He intimidates patients into coming in unnecessarily twice a month using threatening letters. His staff always seems to have changed year after year. Waiting times are excessive. I would recommend going elsewhere.

May 1st, 2014
Great Doctor
I have been a patient of Dr. Wasser for about 15 years. I have been extremely satisfied with the doctor as well as the staff. They all are caring and kind. I have never had an unsatisfactory experience. At some times the wait seems long, but when I did see the doctor he never rushed me and always answered any questions I had. Whaterer tests are necessary are prescribed and followed-up on. On one occasion one of the tests was not to the doctor's liking so he had his staff call me immediately and schedule an appointment for the next day. Tests are reviewed within a day, and not when your next appointment is scheduled. This is a clear indication that tests are not considered solely as money makers but rather are for my own good. I would not consider changing doctor's in light of the care he has given to me and the politeness of his staff.

January 16th, 2013
Great Doc!
I was in a lot of pain and difficulty breathing for over a month, and saw several ENT docs. Nothing seemed to help, even antibiotics. I finally saw my GP and he told me to see Dr. Wasser as he thought it might be asthma or acid reflux. I was in the next day to see him and very impressed with the care I received. As a first time patient, he was incredibly thorough. I had a sinus and chest X-ray as well as multiple breathing tests. The staff was so friendly and kind, they took a FULL medical history and were patient in explaining anything I needed to know. When Dr. Wasser came to examine me he was very knowledgable and patient. He noted details,and used a laptop to input more info about me that already been taken by the staff. After a full exam, breathing with stethoscope, multiple questions, he was very nice and personable and kind. The office is not modern and revamped but I consider the care the most important and the knowledge of the staff was superb. I even stopped by because I was having a reaction to a med and they saw me RIGHT AWAY. A nurse was called and took me in and spoke to me in a private alcove. Now I know some reviews are turned off by the appearance of the actual office, but please consider the CRE you are getting and the thorough examination and care of the doctor and staff. As far as some of the complaints people had about getting a letter about not paying, do you work for FREE? I highly recommend Dr. Wasser and will be going back for a flow up next week. I have only seen him a week ago and my health has improved immensely. I am so thankful that finally I could have hope to feel better.

May 23rd, 2012
Excellent Care
My wait was less than 5 mins. and the care was great. Everyone at the office was caring and courteous. Dr. Wasser took all the time needed to explain everything to me and was reassuring.

May 17th, 2012
Excellent Experience
I was recently refered to Dr. Wasser by my GP doctor. I was able to get an appointment with in four business days of my referal. I found the office staff very friendly and efficient, to the point that on two ocassions now they have called when they have had a cancellation and asked if I would like an earlier appointment. My experience has been that waiting times in the office have been 10 to 20 minutes max. In my opinion Dr. Wasser's "bedside" manner is very good. He has taken the time to explain everything related to my treatment in detail. I find him very accomodating. On a recent visit, a Friday afternoon, he changed a medication. He told me not to hesitate to call should I have any problems over the weekend, he would be "on call" and get in touch with me immediatly (fortunately not needed!).

February 16th, 2012
He is the best!
You may have to wait, because he is trying to help as many people as he can. I was the emergency patient one day and made people wait, so I understand and don't mind waiting because he knows his stuff. He is very professional, friendly and understanding of your needs. His staff is wonderful, friendly, and very accommodating. He was the only one who got me better, thats enough for me!

April 9th, 2011
OMG!..one of the worst experiences in my entire life. Extremely rude staff, multiple booking of patients for same time slot...HOURS of waiting as well of the repition of unnecessary tests. One even with used, DIRTY equipment. Much, much, more....DON"T GO! $$$$ seems to be their only real objective. YOU do not matter.