Dr. Latha Subramanian MD Patient Reviews

3.2

May 6th, 2016
Excellent Thorough care

April 25th, 2016
Dr. Subramanian fired me from her practice when I voiced concerns and/or criticism of treatments prescribed by her. She is a good Dr., but unfortunately believes wholly in what she prescribes and is not interested in the least in branching out. She actually told me that if I did not take the meds she prescribed that "she could not cure me if and when my cancer comes back". Which only told me what we all know - she didn't "cure" me in the first place. Her office had tremendous trouble actually billing my insurance (she was covered under my insurance) but couldn't seem to bill on time. I never received a bill until 3 years later, after she fired me. I had requested a bill on two separate occasions and was told that if I hadn't received a bill I didn't owe anything and not to worry about it....until she no longer was willing to treat me...then I got the bill & was told I only had one month to come up with a lot of money (at least to our family it was). We paid it, even tho I was counseled by another physician a couple of weeks later that there is a time period for LEGAL billing. A Dr.'s office in the State of AK has less than one year to bill for medical treatment received. When I notified the office that they had illegally collected money no longer owed to them, that there was a statute of limitations on medical billing, do you think she offered me any kind of refund? No way! However, she did let me know that she declined to add a finance charge for her shoddy office practices and creative billing. She also wanted me to be aware that they had given me a discount...could it be because they have no idea what in the world they are doing down there? I never felt worse during my cancer treatment. Please do not go to this Dr., unless you speak freely up front regarding billing and other forms of care/treatment.

May 1st, 2015
Down to Earth and Real
Dr. Subramanian is an excellent physician and does her homework about on new treatments and kept me informed throughout my course of care. I would recommend her to anyone, No frills but effective.

May 22nd, 2014
patient
My journey has been very long and harsh and I feel as though I can't go to this dr.with anything without it being challenged if I say this is ehat I've been experiencing then it's like why well I don't know you tell me your the doctor. My body feels as though it's too much and I'm getting sick she tells me just think about you going on a nice trip.I'm sorry but that's the least on my mind right now I wouldn't recommend this doctor sorry I got stuck with her.

June 2nd, 2012
My mother has had this doctor for many years while she was battling cancer. When my mother came back from out of town this doctor told my mother that she was not gooing to continue to treat her cancer because it would take too much of her time to do this. She then told my mother that she just go home and and die. I would never recomend this doctor to anyone. This doctor really should not be treating patients in my opinion.

June 28th, 2011
I didn't feel she allowed the patient to explain symptoms, didn't appear knowledgeable of test results or information provided in advance. Fees were much greater than other oncs.

May 24th, 2011
Difficult to work with, very knowledgable
This Dr. is a woman. Dr. Subramanian is very well respected in the community for general cancer knowledge and research abilities. Dr. S seems to have difficulty with insurance, my plans did not accept her and she had difficulty in insurance approvals. She complained to me many times about insurance and asked several times for me to write letters to my insurance in support of her and her tests. And after billing she requested I pay the amount the insurance wouldn't cover - unique among my doctors in Anchorage. I found it extremely difficult to tell Dr. Subramanian my problems, and she was not willing to focus on the cancer in some parts of my body. She was quick to interrupt me, and tell me to go to someone else, but also refused to refer me out for several things. She also complained about doing paperwork, as in signing forms that other doctors fill out in less time than she complained directly to me. I doubt she knows to this day my issues because she wouldn't let me tell her.

January 26th, 2010
Anchorage pt
Not very good at all. If you need this type of Dr. for yourself or a loved one you really should seek out another. Thinks she knows it all but does not. Does not read medical files or tests prioe to appt. Just a sloppy practice. The building has another practice so the waiting room is nice - but if you are seeing her you will spend quite a bit of time in it because again just a sloppy medical practice. Don't risk it ask for another Drs name.