Internists, Hematology Specialist, Oncology Specialist (cancer)
Video profile
Anchorage Oncology Centre
4231 Lake Otis Pkwy
Ste B-2
Anchorage, AK 99508
907-569-2627
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
Jun 2nd, 2012

My mother has had this doctor for many years while she was battling cancer. When my mother came back from out of town this doctor told my mother that she was not gooing to continue to treat her cancer because it would take too much of her time to do this. She then told my mother that she just go home and and die. I would never recomend this doctor to anyone. This doctor really should not be treating patients in my opinion.

|  show details
Jun 28th, 2011

I didn't feel she allowed the patient to explain symptoms, didn't appear knowledgeable of test results or information provided in advance. Fees were much greater than other oncs.

|  Difficult to work with, very knowledgable  |  show details
May 24th, 2011

This Dr. is a woman. Dr. Subramanian is very well respected in the community for general cancer knowledge and research abilities. Dr. S seems to have difficulty with insurance, my plans did not accept her and she had difficulty in insurance approvals. She complained to me many times about insurance and asked several times for me to write letters to my insurance in support of her and her tests. And after billing she requested I pay the amount the insurance wouldn't cover - unique among my doctors in Anchorage. I found it extremely difficult to tell Dr. Subramanian my problems, and she was not willing to focus on the cancer in some parts of my body. She was quick to interrupt me, and tell me to go to someone else, but also refused to refer me out for several things. She also complained about doing paperwork, as in signing forms that other doctors fill out in less time than she complained directly to me. I doubt she knows to this day my issues because she wouldn't let me tell her.

|  Anchorage pt  |  show details
by Anchorage pt on Jan 26th, 2010

Not very good at all. If you need this type of Dr. for yourself or a loved one you really should seek out another. Thinks she knows it all but does not. Does not read medical files or tests prioe to appt. Just a sloppy practice. The building has another practice so the waiting room is nice - but if you are seeing her you will spend quite a bit of time in it because again just a sloppy medical practice. Don't risk it ask for another Drs name.