Dr. Laura Akright Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Laura Akright?

November 4th, 2015

Misdiagnosis

Dr Ackright did extensive testing on me. She came back and said my thyroid tested fine but there was something wrong with my. Immune ststem but she didn't know what it was. See you in a year. Later I went to my Cardiologist who had referred me and she asked if I had gone. After telling her she asked to see the tests results. I had Dr to send and her immediate reply when looking at the results was "Did you know you tested positive for Lupus?" Of course, I said no. So I am to see a Reumatoid Arthyritis dr now. VERY unhappy with Dr Ackright. Won't be going back

June 3rd, 2015

NO CARE

Patient for two years...seen her ONCE. Any GP would be better.

May 5th, 2015

so far so good.

October 10th, 2014

Getting a new Endo

Have been seeing Dr Akright for almost 20 years. Last few years her office is sub standard. They are now pushing patients to see Nurse Practitioners because she wants to scale back on patients. Not for me. Takes an act of congress to get orders to lab for tests , loses labs, no longer considers what patients say goes by standard test results not what is best for you. Over medicated me and when I told her that - I was told there was no way that could be. In one month they wasted my time 3 different days by not having orders and trying to force a nurse practitioner on me! Was told in her defense by Denise that she has 3000 patients. Well Denise needs to change her defense spiel because now Dr Akright has only 2999 patients. Finding a new doc !

May 3rd, 2014

Trying to get a response from this practice is next to impossible. I plan to find a new Endocrinologist.

September 30th, 2013

No longer a viable practice

I've been going to Dr Akright for years, but over the past few years things have really gone down hill. Not only is patient care marginal, but if you are successful in getting an appointment (be warned - they have a policy of only seeing patients every 6 months), and plan on 45-90 minutes in the waiting room. Seeing Dr Akright herself is next to impossible, her practice now revolves around Denese, a medical assistant, and two nurse practitioners. If you suffer from anything other than very basic thyroid disease, or the most straightforward case of diabetes, you will not get adequate care. Complicated cases are too much for this practice. The practice is currently set up like an out-sourced business. All care follows pre-set protocols, so there are no options for taking part in your own care. All communications are via Nextmd (online medical server), even appointments. And unfortunately, Denese, screens all communications – even if you mark it confidential to Dr. Akright. Denese is cold, rude, and literally unresponsive, yet she controls all access. And if you ever are by some miracle able to get Denese on the phone, be warned, she has such poor listening skills, it is next to impossible to get questions answered or your medical needs met. I hate to give up on Dr Akright, but her previously excellent care is no longer available.

June 20th, 2013

Too busy to provide adequate care

I am reviewing Dr. Akright's practice as a whole, not her personally. I experienced decidedly sub-standard care from her office. The medical records they generated from my visits were inaccurate. Lab results and subsequent medicine dosage adjustments were untimely. Ultimately I switched to a new endocrinologist who immediately started aggressive treatment for my rather serious condition. Undoubtedly, her office location is ideal and her staff is very friendly. However, the actual medical care you will receive is, from my experience, below industry standard. Be prepared to advocate for yourself if you chose this practitioner.

October 15th, 2012

Scheduled as "first patient of the day"...waited 2 hours. Tried to sell me diet products; don't need them I actually weigh 105 lbs. Second appointment again was first patient of day; sat there for over an hour only to find out that someone else was in the examining room with my chart as they mixed my chart with someone elses; this was only discovered after I went to the front desk to inquire why I was still sitting there. Since I needed my refill I stuck around; saw the NP, got my refills and will never return again.

September 8th, 2011

Does not listen

I was very disappointed.She would not listen to my symptoms at all and was very rude.My daughter was with me and also felt the same way.She kept cutting me off as i was trying to tell her how i was feeling.Told me to get the blood test and just herded me out the door.

August 12th, 2011

I absolutely adore Laura Akright! After I had a minor stroke and subsequent open heart surgery to correct a birth defect (ASD), I was diagnosed as Type II diabetic. I was very depressed and stressed over all that had happened in such a short amount of time. The first time I saw Dr. Akright she was very compassionate and caring - took a lot of time with me and made me feel so much better, both emotionally and physically. She referred me to a dietitian who let me know that I can eat normally again - that was a blessing, too. I have wholeheartedly referred several of my friends to Dr. Akright and they have all been very pleased. I certainly hope she doesn't plan to retire any time soon!!

April 8th, 2011

Great Doctor

I have had type 1 diabetes for 44 years.Dr. Fetchick has been my MD for over 20 yrs.I am also an RN. This woman is very knowledable,compassionate and thorough. She listens to the patient and works with the patient as a team player. Diabetes is a disease that is highly individualized and requires a team effort to control and maintain. I feel very fortunate to hsve had her on my team as I am healthy and know that I can turn to her for sound advice.

March 28th, 2011

Dr. Akright is the best doctor I have seen in a long time. She was so caring and compassionate, and it felt like she really wanted to help me.