Dermatologist (skin)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  Extremely Rude Staff  |  show details
by Jenna on Mar 11th, 2014

I've been a patient of Dr. Benedetto's since 1998 and in the last few years have found her clerical staff and office help to be beyond rude and unprofessional. I had a consult with someone in her office for laser hair removal and she was rude to me (this consult lasted all of 10 min and she skipped telling me the majority of the information regarding treatment). I was NOT told by the clerical staff upon booking this consult that there was a $150 fee for just the consult. When I mentioned this was never disclosed to me prior to sitting down for this small consult, she was very nasty to me. She then walked to the woman who did the consult with me and they were talking badly about me ten feet away so I could hear what they were saying! When the receptionist came back to proceed to charge me $150, I told her I heard the negative things she said about me and she didn't even care, didn't apologize and continued to give me an attitude. The. She called someone else over to gang up on me so 3 women were all talking down to me at the same time! I think Dr. Benedetto is a talented professional and I have never had any problems with her but her staff is the most rude and unprofessional group of catty women that I've ever encounted in what's supposed to be a professional facility. I'm beyond disgusted with the lack of maturity at this office.

|  Rudest clerical staff ever encountered  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2013

Cannot believe the clerical staff person is still employed there! I have no problems with the doctor, I think she is great. But the secretary there is so nasty, no bedside manner, and downright rude to patients. I haven't gone back since my last appt and am currently searching for a new doc. Wish the doc would do something about this woman, but she seems to be sticking around.

|  show details
May 26th, 2013

The most discourteous staff I have ever encountered. Dr. herself was fine. Unable to reach a real person to speak with to find out test results. Biopsy results were never obtained because the staff never sent the specimen to the lab. When I called the office to suggest the specimen was lost or that there was a problem, the office staff was appalled at that suggestion. I was then informed that the specimen was placed in a box that was not normally used and NEVER sent to the lab.

|  show details
May 6th, 2013

Hands down the rudest clerical staff I've ever encountered. One woman in particular is condescending, irresponsible (gave me another patient's information, instead of my own, upon leaving the office and was dismissive when I brought it to her attention! HIPPA laws?!!) The fact that these doctors choose to employ such unprofessional people speaks volumes. Dr. Benedetto is pleasant enough but leaves a patient waiting far too long, and leaves after checking you without so much as a goodbye. If it weren't so difficult to get in to another place I'd be long gone by now.

|  wait a few months for someone else  |  show details
Jul 5th, 2012

dismissive attitude. "diagnosed" a rash as something it could not possibly be, twice. too bad other offices aren't accepting new patients, otherwise never would have made a second appointment here. willing to "treat" the symptom with an easy prescription, but makes no effort to find out the cause & offers no explanation. same with colleague. just go elsewhere. it's minor, but the receptionist is very rude & has no phone etiquette. she has no record that the office had us switch doctors and accused us of not being "able to stick with one." verbatim.