Dr. Laura Cepeda Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Laura Cepeda?

Metastatic Melanoma

Metastatic Melanoma

Have you seen Dr. Laura Cepeda?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 22nd, 2017

Do NOT question this 'doctor's" work.

Dr. Cepeda did Mohs sugery on my nose. She created a rectangular crater right on top of my nose. I remarked to the desk clerk that I didn't like the square lines. Next time I saw her, I was to have two Mohs surgeries. I was on the table & draped for the surgery (on my face, near my eyes). Dr. Cepeda, "Are you SURE you want me to do this surgery? You weren't happy with my work previously?" I said, "Yes, if you don't make other rectangles, it will be fine." Sr. Cepeda, "Are you sure? Are you sure? I thought you wanted a plastic surgeon to do this?" I said, "He doesn't do MOHS." Dr Cepeda, "Be SURE you want me to do this!!!" I said, "I'm here, lets just do the surgery." Dr. Cepeda cut (one after another) two incisions (one 1.5" and 2") incisions (one at a time) into my left cheek. Very deep. She then took the tissue out of the room. When she came back in, she closed the incision closest to my eye and had the NURSE/TECH close the other. I was left with two disfiguring scars that even the plastic surgeon I consulted could not repair. I do not know that she took out the cancer, since both were not deep. This experience was greatly distressing. I was put in a "Do you DARE me?" situation, knowing that I had cancer. I know now I should have just left and requested records sent to another MOHS surgeon. Her attitude was frightening, I was scared, intimidated and fearful of reprisal should I retreat. To my great regret, Dr. Cepeda is the only doctor in the history of my health interactions (since 1970 - including two kidney transplants) that has treated me thus. I trust this woman and her work, not at all.

June 7th, 2012

Not professional

Have recently seen Cepeda. Good luck if you see her. NO bedside manners and needs to spend more time with the patient. I did not feel comfortable speaking with her. If you are scheduled to see her, plan on being treated like a child when spoken with and lost when she walks out of the room!

March 18th, 2010

excellent bedside manner while taking time to address every problem i wanted to discuss.

October 4th, 2008

Youthful. Smart. Working with an Accomplished Dr. Haley is a plus.

Maybe it is her age... Her attitude was a bit condescending needs a better "bedside manner." Maybe my experience was due to a "bad day"?

May 16th, 2017