Dr. Laura Cordes MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.7

September 26th, 2016
Dr Corded is professional, caring, and conscientious.

October 31st, 2013
This doctor is extremely unprofessional and unethical. My sister had signs of pre eclampsia and the doctor neglected to address these signs several weeks before her due date. As a result, my sister had to have an emergent C-section and was diagnosed with HELLP, a life-threatening situation. In addition to this, after requesting she be moved to another higher level of care hospital, the doctor was unsupportive and PROLONGED her stay to the next day. After finally transferring my sister, the doctors at the new hospital relayed that if she had stayed at the first facility she may have DIED. DO NOT go to this doctor, she is very unprofessional, unethical, and provides inadequate care.

February 15th, 2013
Very knowledgeable and pleasant!
I'd say I'm a little disillusioned with the medical community in general, so this visit was a really pleasant surprise. My concerns weren't minimized, my questions were all answered, and Dr. Cordes was pleasant and personable while being professional and smart. I got my appt super quickly after a referral from another physician, but ended up waiting in the office for 40 minutes before being informed that she had been called away to a delivery and I would have to reschedule my appt. That was a little disappointing and frustrating because it felt like I had wasted an hour, but understandable due to the nature of the business. The good thing is that they got me in for my new appt two days later and preemptively scheduled me for the ultrasound I would need so that I had all my results ready for me right then. Overall very satisfied with this practice and Dr. Cordes!

September 11th, 2009
number 600 please.
I had needed an HSG done for some time. It was up to me to consistantly check up with the office to see if the had contacted the health insurence, if I could get an appointment and make sure that all the proper questions were asked before the procedure. I felt like a number not a valued client/patient. Why is it that these major companies overload their Doctors to where they forget to have a relationship with their clients. I am sooo tired of it. Treat me like a person not a paycheck/number.

December 30th, 2008
I needed to see her for surgery. She explained the procedure clearly and answered all my questions, both at the initial visit and during the follow-up after the surgery. It was easy to get the initial appointment because it was her day to be at the practice in my town. However, I had to travel 30+ miles to Newport News for the follow-up visit. She is only at the office in my locality every 3rd Friday. That's the only reason for the moderate rating.