Overall Review

3.8

March 24th, 2015
Trusted Doctor and friend
Laura Corio has been my doctor for over 25 years. She delivered both my children. She is compassionate and always answers all of my questions. I can get in touch with her any time I need to. She was available 24/7 during both of my pregnancies. I love her and her office staff. I recommend her 100%.

July 15th, 2013
Simply the best!
A perfect combination of a tremendously talented & experienced physican who has seen it all... and written about it... with a warm bedside manner and a caring, thoughtful staff. Dr. Corio is straight & to the point, very practical & not an alarmist. At the same time, she is a great listener. Her vast experience & knowledge inspire confidence. The atmosphere in her office is soothing and suportive. From the decor of the office to the temperment of the entire team you really feel as though you are visiting friends. In a city that has the best of everything, Dr. Corio is truly the best at what she does.

July 1st, 2013
Thorough and caring
Dr. Corio was recommended to me years ago by a friend diagnosed by the doctor with a life-threatening problem not found by others. Dr. Corio is thorough and matter of fact, giving you her full attention during a visit. Negative comments portraying her as not "warm and fuzzy" are unfathomable. I've found her to be a concerned physician who does not make you feel rushed.

May 7th, 2011
Overpriced Below Average Doctor
It is obvious that the positive ratingsfor Laura Corio are due to bogus ratings.Probably her staff used their pc's toplump the ratings.She does not accept insurance and thinksshe is elite. The amount she chargesfor her services is ridiculous comparedto her training and expertise. I wentto her once, thinking her staff wasmore interested in ordering and eatingpizza then attending to the patient's needs.Nothing about Corio impressed me,that would cause me to choose her overa doctor that is covered by insurance.

January 31st, 2011
I was referred to Dr. Corio by a work colleague after my OB/Gyn of several years moved. Dr. Corio spent a lot of time with me during my first visit and sent me for what I thought at first was a lot of tests (my previous doctor had not sent me for any of these tests before and I was skeptical as to their necessity). Dr. Corio called me the very next day after I took the tests and told me that the results indicated that I needed surgery and the sooner the better - I was stunned - she explained in great detail what needed to be done and why. Before the surgery, she held my hand and made me feel at ease. Her bedside manner and her dedication is beyond words. I have had surgery and other procedures before and I have never felt such compassion from a doctor before. The subsequent visits (post-op, etc.) she was just as genuinely caring and honest and thorough. My husband & I both believe that she saved my ovary and possibly my life. If it wasn't for her, I would never have known something was wrong since I had no real symptoms (besides not being able to get pregnant after trying for some time). I would, and have, recommended Dr. Corio to everyone I know without hesitation!

March 12th, 2010
Inept Hostile Staff and Airhead Doctor
and uneducated staff thatI have ever experienced, especiallysince Insurance does not cover herservices. They write incorrect prescriptions,Laura Corio has the most inept, hostile, unprofessional make it uncomfortable toask for refills and give wrong instructions for taking medicine. Dr.Corio acts like an airhead who hasvery little interest in patients she is not taking large sums of money from.

August 13th, 2009
Dr. Corio has been my doctor for 20 years. When everything was routine she was efficient and I can agree not terribly warm & fuzzy. But, when I had problems and required surgery she went way above & beyond, putting herself on the line to help me. She is an amazing surgeon and caring healer. Extremely smart and skilled with genuine compassion.

April 24th, 2009
Not Warm and Fuzzy but Smart and Honest
I have been seeing Dr. Corio for several years. With the exception of when I had a serious problem (when she was there for me every step of the way) she has been matter-of-fact rather than chatty and warm. But she is a superb doctor and is there for her patients 110% in a crisis. It is really a question of what you need in a dr. She suits me great.

April 1st, 2009
Love Dr. Corio!
I agree whole-heartedly with "cv". I was referred to Dr. Corio by another doctor and she is amazing. I've never felt more comfortable with a doctor in my life and I'm about 60lbs overweight so you can just imagine! She spent lots of time with me explaining everything, called me several times and was just amazing. I think the other poster must have Dr. Corio confused with someone else.

November 29th, 2008
really surprised to see that negative comment. i have seen dr corio for years & she has never been anything but super professional & one of the most normal, caring, talk-you-off-the-ledge doctors i have ever seen. plus she's brilliant! so, sorry someone had a bad experience but i couldnt disagree more strongly- i'd almost bet it was a mistake.

September 26th, 2008
Traumatic experience w/ this physician
I would not recomment Dr. Corio to anyone. I went for a routine exam, and have been in pain and sore for days since. She is very rough and performs procedures that are unexpected, invasive, unnecessary, and completely outside the realm of standard. She has no respect for patients privacy. You feel violated and physically in pain after her exam.