Dr. Laura Davidson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

May 6th, 2016
She spent 5 minutes with me for my annual visit, did not bother to learn anything about me and my history even though I was a new patient, and made assumptions about why I suddenly was experiencing certain symptoms based on no knowledge of me or my history. She was rude, condescending and rolled her eyes at me and made me feel stupid. I will never go to her again. When I saw another dr about my symptoms, they took time to know me and do testing, and found out it was NOT stress that caused my symptoms, but premenopause. But not Dr Davidson. She was in too much of a hurry to get to the next patient, and just plain rude. Never again.

March 10th, 2016
Amazing !
Dr.Davidson is so nice and very helpful with any questions you have, she is very detailed with her answers which is great. First time being pregnant and I was very nervous at first but she made me feel 100% comfortable! The ladies in the front and very nice as well !

January 25th, 2016
I really like Dr. Davidson and thought both her and her staff were really nice. She made me feel very comfortable, and I felt a whole lot better when I left her office. She was the only OB in Tomball to take me in as a patient, because I am 18 weeks pregnant. And I am glad she did. There will ALWAYS be things we don't agree with, or understand why things go the way they do, but as for a dr I believe she is great and I can't wait to continue to see her.

November 11th, 2015
She is awesome. She delivered my daughter 5 years ago.

June 5th, 2015
Quite frankly, I am shocked at the negative reviews on here. I have had 4 different OB/GYN doctors for all four of my pregnancies. Dr. Davidson was my fourth. All of my pregnancies were high risk. I liked that Dr. Davidson is not one of those doctors who is quick to diagnose or quick to over-medicate. She likes to take the "Let's wait and see how things pan out and get some extra blood work done" kind of approach. I greatly appreciated this, as my medical condition (cholestasis of pregnancy) does not always present itself in every pregnancy (though that wasn't the case for me... I had it for all of mine.) I rarely had to wait long for my appointment, but that is because I am one of those people who knows that the later in the day it gets, the busier the office gets, and that equals longer wait times. So I always scheduled my appointments first thing in the morning. The staff was always courteous and professional, and by the end of my pregnancy, they all knew me by my first name and what I was in for as soon as I walked in the door. They would just say, "I've got you checked in!" I loved that they were so personable. Dr. Davidson herself is very kind and caring. At times, I felt that some of her tone was a bit condescending, but then again, I was very hormonal and stressed with yet another high risk pregnancy. I could have taken something the wrong way. When she did one of my ultrasounds, I could see in her face that she loves her job, loves looking at the babies and hearing their heart beats. She was always polite, even when she was exasperated with me because I put off some of my labs. Not once did I feel that she didn't care, or that she was in a hurry. I feel like she answered all of my questions (and even some that I didn't know I had!) very well. She will not sugar coat things, but neither is she rude with her approach. I was happy with the level of care I received from her, and she always put monitoring the baby first once my bile acid levels were high. I ended up doing weekly, and sometimes twice weekly, non-stress tests, which I appreciated. No other doctor did that much non-invasive monitoring. She also used a specialist who knew a little more about cholestasis of pregnancy, and I like the specialist she used, and the fact that she wasn't afraid to get an outside opinion. My fourth baby came 6 weeks early, and Dr. Davidson delivered her. I had an easy delivery and not once did I feel that she was rushed or didn't care about the safety of myself or my baby. She was very professional, introduced herself to my husband, and even let him cut the cord (no other doctor let my husband cut the cord during any of my other births.) All in all, if I still lived in Texas and wanted to have any more kids, Dr. Davidson is who I would go to again. I cannot say the same of my 3 other previous OB/GYN's.

April 17th, 2015
Rude
Had my baby with her and the last month she was so rude and treating me in delivery to hurry up because she had to be in the woodlands. Horrible doctor. Never returning

April 16th, 2015
Worst experience EVER! Don't put yourself through this rude doctor.

April 2nd, 2015
Avoid this doctor
Terrible doctor with terrible bed side manner. I would not recommend this doctor for any reason.

April 2nd, 2015
Miscarriage...who cares? Dr. Davidson doesn't!
Terrible doctor and nurse with no compassion towards miscarriages and the procedures to take care of it. I was given the medication route on Friday and told to take it Saturday. I did so. It did not work (Dr. Davidson even admitted as such). Yet, I didn't get in to see her until Wednesday. Her only piece of advice...have a D&C late Friday afternoon. As if the pain and bleeding from Saturday to Wednesday wasn't enough, she wanted to extend it until Friday. She only cares about her patients with normal, healthy birth plans to get more money out of them. She doesn't care about anyone who may suffer from complications. Steer clear of this doctor at all costs.

January 7th, 2015
I felt she was patronizing. She also made me feel embarrassed/silly for my concerns.

September 26th, 2014
I went to Dr. Davidson for 3 of my pregnancies, one was a full term, next one i had a late miscarriage at 17 weeks due to incompetent cervix and the last i had 3 months early. I would recommend Dr. Davidson for normal pregnancies but not for high risk. So a couple of days before i had my late miscarriage at 17 weeks i called her for some guidance to make sure i was making the right decision about going to the ER and she was very rude and said why are you calling me just go to the ER and i told her that you are my dr so i was calling you first, when i arrived I was admitted and long story short Dr did a test to see if was leaking that came by inconclusive and she automatically said that i had ruptured and she wanted to terminate and took me off of bed rest. After thinking about the options we had decided to go that route because she had reassured us that there was nothing that could be done. so the nurse came in and examined me before it was done and said that i was fully intact and had not ruptured and called the dr. Dr. Davidson said to go on with the termination because she is going to rupture anyways which in my eyes was wrong because there was no way that she could know that for sure and i think that she should have done more to prevent it from happening to keep my little boy in as long as possible, so we fought with her and said no we are not going to terminate because i had not ruptured and there was still some hope, she then tried to scare me into doing it by saying that well if you aren't going to do anything then I just release you and you will you be at home, so i got transferred downtown and lost him with all of the bumps in the hour drive in an ambulance. I then got pregnant again because we did want another child and almost wasn't going to go back to her but gave her the benefit of the doubt that she was just a doctor that diagnosed strictly by textbook and statistics and i had a good experience with her for my "term" baby, i went back. I was monitored and reassured that everything was going to be ok. 3 weeks prior to giving birth to my 27weeker I talked to her about several concerns I had and the response i got was you are at 24 weeks now there is no need to monitor you anymore and I cant do anything about regular pregnancy systems and she had a bad attitude and said well i will just go ahead and check you. That was all she did, no other tests or anything. So 3 weeks later i call her the morning that I gave birth to my son with serious concerns (that i am not going to state) and she made me apt for 3 30pm for a stress test. I went to the ER shortly after i got off the phone and an hour after arriving i started bleeding out and had my son shortly after. I was never told what caused it to happen and she didn't explain why she couldn't have tried to prolong my pregnancy. I didn't ask because I was too upset with the whole situation and was afraid i was going to act out badly. I am not writing this review to get back at her but just to inform everybody as to what happened in my situation and why I don't think she should be considered a high risk doctor and for some closure.

April 15th, 2014
I'm kinda shocked at the reviews here. I'm on a new insurance plan so I have seen the Dr. once for a well woman exam. The negatives are the long wait time and not a very though gyn/ob history taken by the nurse. I think some assumptions were made because I am married. Positives, she comes in to talk with you about any concerns before you take your clothes off, she is friendly so you feel more comfortable. I felt like she cared as much as any other gyn dr. I've been too, and more than some. I'm not expecting her to be a friend but I also don't like a cold doctor and she wasn't cold to me at all. I feel like she was more gentle than some doctors, which is appreciated.