Dr. Laura Doan MD Patient Reviews

3.4

• Good
  • Bad

January 25th, 2012
she is an amazing obgyn!

October 5th, 2011
LOVE HER!!!
I have been a patient of Dr. Doan for about 12 years. She has always been very professional..... but....even more than that she has been very personal. She has always gone above and beyond to be sure I have had all my questions answered. She takes the time to get to know you on a 1:1 basis. I would highly recommend her to anyone. SHE IS THE BEST. Her personal approach is incredible.

April 15th, 2011
Misunderstood..
I disagree with the person who said Dr. Doan is anti-fat-people. I'm overweight and the tests performed throughout my pregnancy were not overzealous. I had ZERO stress tests done. I did get my blood drawn often, but I was anemic. -- She does have an awkward bedside manner, but she's a very caring Dr. I had a traumatic delivery and ended up having an emergency C-Section. Dr. Doan checked up on me several times throughout my hospital stay. She held my new daughter in the nursery and appeared genuinely excited for us. -- I would recommend Dr. Doan!

January 24th, 2011
don't be overweight at all.
If you are overweight and pregnant.. she will force you to have non-stress tests every 2 days.. for most of pregnancy. You have to do it, you're not a doctor and you want your baby to be healthy, but when the techs are looking at the dr. that ordered the test and sighing... that's a sign that she over does it. (nice insurance scam Doan). Also... don't get induced if she has a flight to catch.. she'll break your water when you are dilated to a 3 and then force a c-section. Please... pass me off to a doctor who doesn't have vacation plans... she couldn't miss that payoff for delivery. You made me not want to be pregnant ever again... Witch Dr.

November 18th, 2010
She seems to know what she is doing
I have been an on and off patient for quite a few years. Although I agree with the kind of rushed bedside manner, I do feel like she is cautious and thorough in her treatment. Definitely did not feel like my concerns were blown off.

July 13th, 2010
She is good, which is why she is so busy
She is a really good dr, but her bedside manner is a little brusque, which is why I didn't really like her a lot in the beginning. At 8 months pregnant I fell down the stairs and she was extremely thorough in making sure my baby was OK. Later, after having some significant health problems that two internal medicine doctors poo-pooed and said were simply what came with being a new parent, I finally have been receiving treatment and am feeling much better.

March 22nd, 2017