A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Laura Downs:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Downs
Depression Patient Education Visit our depression patient education guide to learn about mood disorder, medical conditions and symptoms of depression.Before Visiting Dr. Downs Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Laura Downs, MD is board certified in Forensic Psychiatry and Psychiatry.
- She has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Education & Awards
Dr. Downs graduated from McGill University Faculty Of Medicine, Montreal.
Dr. Downs has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Woodhull Medical/Mental Hlth Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Laura Lee Downs MD is a female Forensic Psychiatrist, has 16 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Forensic Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Laura L. Downs practice?
- Dr. Laura Downs has 2 office locations.
Dr. Laura Downs practices Psychiatry and Forensic Psychiatry near Long Island City, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Garden City, NY.
See Long Island City Psychiatrists.