Family Physicians

1650 Republic Pkwy
Ste 100
Mesquite, TX 75150
972-682-4100
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

|  So Happy (NOW)  |  show details
Jan 9th, 2012

I no longer see Dr Frye...I took it as long as I could, waiting in the exam room for nearly 1 - 2 hrs is..well lets just say I've had enough..(see other reviews..ALMOST everyone has to wait on her) I am so happy now with my new dr, yes I still go to same location, but no longer have to camp out waiting for Dr Frye to get her act together and get in to see me ! Do yourself a favor and change drs, she is not worth the wait !

|  show details
Aug 25th, 2011

I love Dr. Frye. She thoroughly examines and spends time with her patients. When my husband and I moved, I drove an hour just to get to stay with her. She makes sure she understands your problem and takes the time to correctly diagnose. She's the best.

|  Ugh  |  show details
Jul 27th, 2011

I refuse to EVER go back to Dr. Frye. She is very unprofessional and is constantly insulting you. The few times I did go to her I always left the office crying. Not the mention- any symptom you have she basically tells you there is nothing wrong with you and that it is all in your head.

|  Lacks Professionalism  |  show details
Jun 24th, 2011

I had an appointment with Dr. Frye today at 3:30 at 5:00 I was still waiting in the exam room. I gathered my things and left! I could not believe no one came in to tell me Dr. Frye was running behind, had an emergency patient, but nothing! The front desk told me she should be in to see me in 20-30 minutes, if I could wait. I think I had waited long enough! I will be scheduling with my regular doctor who was out today. Hopefully my chest cold will not get any worst before Monday.

|  show details
May 18th, 2011

Dr Frye is very lacking in her time management skills..I have waited as long as 1 1/2 hrs in the exam room for her..I am stupid!! My first visit was @ 2pm, I got home after 5PM...my last appointment was a 8:45 (first appointment of the day) she came in 1 hr late ! She was in a 'staff' meeting ! Sorry, but she should schedule her meetings before office hours or after hours! If you question her about being late, she gets very irrate and says "I am only 1 person, what do you want me to do" I am in the process of finding a different dr, one who knows how to tell time!! I will say that once she FINALLY gets into the exam room, she does give you her attention,plus talks of all the running, marthons, etc that she does! She had me so upset one time I was crying, (after waiting almost 2 hrs) and she told me to go home and come back...told her if I left I would never come back...The only reason that I have continued to see her 1) I only go every 6 mo for blook work and routine checkup 2) I hate changing drs..but enough is enough, my time is as valuable as hers and she has no consideration for your wait time, her staff is nice, but even they told me she runs behind after lunch !! I never schedule an appointment after lunch, dont want to have to camp out all night in her office waiting to see her. You can hear her at the appointment desk talking to other patients about her running, etc...she is always blaming the wait time on the slow computers..what a cop-out ... I have never suggested any of my friends go to her, nor will I..I've had my last visit with her..I have so wanted to go one of those comment letters that the main desk says you might get, boy could I get them a lot of info about her tardiness and unprofessional attitude ... don't ask her why she is running late, she goes bananas !!!

|  Poor visit to Dr. Frye  |  show details
Feb 26th, 2011

On Friday, 2/25/11, I was waiting from 9:15 to 10:45 AM for her to come see me. She kept on saying, "In a minute. In a minute." I was left waiting for the last 15 minutes in a gown while she was taking phone calls. I feel she acted with total disregard for my decency and my time. After I made a scene, she tried to defend herself by saying she was human and only one person. After the confrontation I had to go see another doctor. My PAP smear, which had been scheduled for that visit, had to be rescheduled for a later date. I feel totally disrespected by Dr. Frye, and refuse to see her again. I will not recommend her to anybody. She needs more training in how to talk to people and respect different races. A friend of mine, who is also of Middle Eastern descent, told me she was also treated with disrespect by Dr. Frye.

|  Dr. Frye is the best!  |  show details
Oct 25th, 2010

My husband and I love Dr. Frye. She spends time with you to make sure you are receiving the best care possible. She does not leave the room until all questions are answered. She is kind and thorough. I wouldn't use anyone else.

|  Dr. Laura Frye  |  show details
May 15th, 2009

She is the best! My family and I couldn't ask for a better doctor. She goes above and beyond her job. When our kids get sick she does a follow up during her time off. Always checking and double checking herself. She never gives up and until she knows the answer or finds the problem. I have twins and one of my twins last year at the age of 3 was put in ICU and she kept in contact with the ICU doctor and then would call and say, "Do you have any questions that they may not have answered for you." I could go on and on, she is just the best :)