Dr. Laura Gago MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

no change

July 27th, 2016
This is a fertility nightmare. You will never reach a human when calling. She pushes you to voicemail and you are lucky for a nurse to call you back within 48 hours. When you are paying $25,000 for a treatment you deserve better. Go to any other provider in the area and you will probably receive better care.

December 28th, 2015
There is a reason there are bad reviews.
I wish I had read the reviews about this clinic before I went. Although Dr. Gago does seem nice, positive, and knowledgeable, my experience there was terrible. Every visit included a 1.5-2.5-hour wait. Staff did not know who I was or why I was there. The entire time I felt like I didn't know what was going on or what I was supposed to be doing. No one answers their office phone during business hours and you have to leave messages and wait for someone to call you back. When I nicely expressed frustration about this, one of the nurses insinuated I might be happier if I went elsewhere. It was then that I read the reviews....and all of the negative reviews reflect almost this exact experience. One reviewer suggested we go to the Michigan Comprehensive Fertility Center (MCFC), so I checked them out (in Dearborn). That reviewer was SO right. The treat you like a rock star at the MCFC, and never once did I have more than a two MINUTE wait. Everyone knew who I was and why I was there. They went above and beyond to save me every penny they could on medications. I always knew what I was doing. They always answered the phone. Pictures of thousands of babies they helped conceive line their walls. And I am now expecting a baby too thanks to them. Go there.

March 28th, 2014
Lack of Organization
Dr. Gago is a very pleasant and knowledgable person. We felt comfortable working with her. Support staff, however, were extremely ineffcient-bordering on incompetent. We called to schedule an appointment specifically to review our old file--this was clearly stated prior to the appointment. We were told the appointment would last 30 minutes. Upon arrival, we encountered a very small, cramped and croweded waiting room and learned that our old file had NOT been located in the 3 weeks since scheduling. My insurance card and driver's license were taken to make copies--and not returned to me. I was so upset and frustrated with the experience, I forgot to ask for them. We waited for over 2 hours before seeing Dr. Gago. She did her best to recall our previous treatments and to outline possible future steps. She ordered several tests--many of which were repeats of what we had done before. We opted not to repeat tests and followed through with the others. I had to call 3 times to get results as the nurse would call back not leave a message (as requested). When we asked questions about what came next, the response was, "You need to complete the rest of the ordered tests before you can meet with Dr. Gago again." We tried to explain that we felt that was unnecessary and asked for further explanation about the purpose of the repeat tests--again, the nurse emphasized that they had to be done before we could move forward. At this point, we decided to seek a second opinion. I later received an EOB from an insurance carrier we no longer have. Our new insurance had been taken at the first appointment--they did not bill this insurance and when I called to follow up on this--they could not find the information. Addressing infertility is emotional and stressful enough without having to address poor professionalism. Dr. Gago may be an excellent doctor--we will never know this first-hand as we can't get past the incompetence of the office. Her support staff fail to facilitate the process and add to the stress of a difficult situation.

December 30th, 2013
I would recommend Dr Gago to any of my friends and family. Her staff is very personal and friendly. The overall experience was great. I've heard from others that went through iui and ivf that they wished they had the same treatment, staff and doctors, instead of the clinic they went to. My husband always had so many questions and dr gago always was ready with the answers. It was a wonderful to not stress over the science of everything. Also gago has added additional people next door that can assist and help with tbe success of your outcome. accupuncture, trainer with yoga all great tools to aid fertility.

November 18th, 2012
Look further
I've been seeking infertility treatment with Dr. Gago's practice for about 6 months now. During this time, I have actually spoken and met with Dr. Gago two times. The first time was my initial visit and the second time was when we did testing to make sure I was a candidate for IVF/IUI which was about 5 months ago now. Since then, she has never called me once to discuss my results or made an attempt to meet with me during my routine visits for blood work, ultrasounds and even the IUI procedures. Instead her nurses and medical assistants are the only staff members I interact with. On a positive note, her staff is very nice and competent BUT I've felt very much on my own there. I was even never told not to take Advil or Ibuprofen while taking costly injections because of the fact that it can interfere with follicle development. I took this on occasion thoughout my first month of injections and never even knew not to until a friend told me that she was advised not to take it when she was going taking injections for IUI. When I asked the medical assistant during my visit, she agreed that this should not be taken. This upset me as I had never been informed and you would think that this is something the doctor or even nurse would absolutely share with me. I feel as though I am not important to Dr. Gago and just another patient to push though that she doesn't want to invest any time in unless I'm going to be big money for her and do IVF. I'm going to give this practice another month and then move on as I'm feeling very discouraged at this point. If you are looking for a infertility doctor, I would not recommend Dr. Gago.

March 27th, 2012
Dr Gago is the best!
After years of dealing with uncaring doctors, I finally found a doctor who acutally listens to me and has shown great compassion towards me and my husband. I would recommend Dr Gago to anyone looking for a great fertility doctor who gives 100% to her patients!

February 5th, 2012
Makes me feel so comfortable
Ive been working with Dr Gago for the last month. She has been so kind and positive. My husband and I feel like she truly understand what we are going through and wants to help us get pregnant. Yea the wait time is to long but being a nurse myself I know that things happen and wait times aren't always anyones fault.

September 20th, 2011
Disorganized
Disorganized and unprofessional. This place just tries to push as many people through the process as possible. If you go here make sure to get a second opinion.

May 21st, 2011
Motivated by money
Dr gago cared more about how much money she could make off me than about getting me pregnant. She rushed me through the consultation and had me doing daily ultrasounds and blood draws (20 a month!). I was always scrambling to get the meds I needed, sometimes not knowing what I was supposed to take until 8pm, when the office finally called. After her rushed and careless 10 minute consult on ivf, I left and found another specialist. I've since learned that the only benefit to daily ultrasounds is financial gain to the doctor. My new physician gave me a thorough, 2 hour consultation, then gave me a calendar with the 4 ultrasounds that he wanted me to do over the month and ordered all the meds I needed for the month. He did every ultrasound and walked me through every step. It was so much easier and less stressful. We completed the ivf this week and I'm waiting for my pregnancy test! So, if gago has you doing daily ultrasounds and the bills are piling up, I'd recommend trying another doctor that may actually focus on getting you pregnant, not on maximizing profits.