Dr. Laura Gillespie MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 27th, 2017
SO compassionate!!!!!
Dr. G. has been my doctor for awhile now and I absolutely LOVE her! She takes SO much time with me, both during appointments, and in between appointments as well. She is SO caring and has nothing but my best interest at heart. She even calls me the night before difficult appts to prepare me. She always follows up via email and is just so sweet. I trust her and her medical opinion immensely. Her bedside manner is incredibly sweet, attentive, and caring. I can't imagine going to anyone but her.

April 27th, 2017
SO compassionate!!!!!

March 27th, 2016
OK, but has preconceived notions
Dr. Gillespie seems knowledgeable about eating disorders and is concerned about her patients. That said...I feel she has preconceived notions about patients and tries to fit them all in the same eating disorder box. In reality each kid is a very different personality and has varying degrees of problems, motivations, and solutions. "Target weight" seemed to be a constantly moving target. That was frustrating. Also seemed unrealistically high, which was counter-productive. My only advice to her would be to get to know the kids a little better and apply a lot more nuance to each individual case. Results would be better. Advice to future patients/parents - see how good a fit she is in the first few visits. If it's a good fit, stick with her. If not, cut bait and find a doctor with a better fit.

February 7th, 2016
Unethical woman!
Absolutely disgusting. Terrible service, misdiagnosed to get me to keep coming back for more money. Stay away!!

January 20th, 2016
Dr. Laura Gillespie
Dr. Gillespie is a good doctor who offers a lot of support and is knowledgeable in the field of pediatric medicine, specializing in eating disorders. But she doesn't listen to you when you are saying something about your own health. She will give you a diagnosis of what she thinks it is, "mostly your symptoms are due to your eating disorder," is the common answer. However I feel like my opinion, who's opinion matters most in this case seeing that I am the patient, is completely disregarded by Dr. Gillespie and the rest of her practice. When it comes to my own health or treatment, I believe that I should be involved and my opinion should be taken over any text book recommendation. Also since I have caught my parents lying to me, par Dr. Gillespie's recomandation, it has made me lose trust in my parents and Dr. Gillespie. Not to mention that Gillespie has told my parents to have me admitted to a detention hall, when she does not know that the real issue is with my parents. She doesn't know that it is my parents who start the physical and verbal fights. And guess why she doesn't know this.... because she doesn't truly listen to what I am saying ever.

December 27th, 2015
should never have become a doctor
I see things haven't changed much...this woman brings shame to the health professionals. She has absolutely no regard for her patients. Very self centered individual.

November 26th, 2015
Terrible service
Her care was very unethical and unprofessional. Nothing but a negative experience.

June 26th, 2015
BEST DOCTOR I'VE EVER SEEN!
Dr. Gillespie I a great doctor she spends a lot of time listening to my concerns, is never judgmental, and is always there for me. She is both smart and caring. Which is often a hard combination to find in my experience. I can't imagine going to any other doctor.

April 29th, 2015
Excellent ongoing work with daughters who have complex phyiscal and emotional issues.

January 23rd, 2015
Very hard to schedule my appointment in a timely manner and it was even changed at the last minute when I really needed to be seen. I waited forever to be seen and when I was finally seen by Dr. Gillespie she spent very minimal time with me. Seems like she spends more time with her certain "favorite" patients. I would like to see someone else, however I am told there really is no one else I can see for this issue in Cleveland. Guess I'm stuck. She always acts like she has something more important to do. Not a caring doctor.

February 19th, 2014
The most caring and knowledgable doctor available. She is kind and ever patient. dr. Gillespie never gives up on her patients and goes above and beyond to facilitate recovery.

August 31st, 2012
Monster of a Dr.
We are still trying to recover from the abuse my daughter received under Dr. Gillespie because of her inability to give an accurate diagnosis. I regret to this day of trusting her to care for my daughter .