Dr. Laura Gorski DO Patient Reviews

• Maternal and Fetal Medicine Las Vegas, NV

January 22nd, 2014
Great Perinatologist
I went to Desert Perinatal with the birth of my Twin girls four years ago and when I found out I was unexpectedly pregnant again I REALLY wanted to see my old Dr again. However, due to insurance changes etc. my only choice in High Risk doctors was the High Risk Pregnancy Center. When I researched them on line, there were good reviews on many of the doctors - however, most were male & I REALLY wanted a female doctor! Dr. Gorski's reviews on one of the sites were not very good, so I was a little skeptical about going to see her. My OB reassured me that ALL the doctors at the practice were GREAT. My OB transferred me to Dr. Gorski for Total Care, meaning that she would treat me during the entire pregnancy & deliver my child. Just to give you a little background as to why I have to see a Perinatoloist: advanced maternal age (40), Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and several clotting issues that require Lovenox (blood thinner) treatment during pregnancy. Also, with the birth of my twins my water broke at 35 weeks & right after my c-section I hemmoraged. I lost a lot of blood and had to stay in the hospital for almost a week due to the blood loss. I did not see Dr. Gorski as much as I did my last Peri, due to the fact that I was only having 1 baby this time. She did all the normal tests & ultrasounds. Luckily, I had a great pregnancy with no major complications. Dr. Gorski was always super, sweet & nice! She had a wonderful bedside manner with my husband & I. We were both a little confused at the negative reviews that she had received on other sites?! She was a little stricter than my last Dr though, which in retrospect was a good thing. I was also VERY worried about my water breaking this time too and hemmoraging again. She reassured me time & time again that I need not worry about my water breaking (which it did not this time). She also pointed out that the reason that I most likely hemmoraged last time was that my Lovenox had not been switched to Heparin! I guess it was suppose to be switched at a certain week in the pregnancy & it never was!!! That made me very upset with my last Dr & now I know that was probably the reason that I was led to Dr. Gorski instead ;-) Overall, I think Dr. Gorski is a GREAT Perinatologist. I have to add that she even stopped by to see me in the hospital 2 days after I delivered. She was in plain clothes & taking one of her children to a sports practice. It was totally Unexpected! She said she was just worried about me because I was very concerned about having an adverse reaction to the morphine/anesthesia. The hospital told her that I was fine, however I once again had a BAD reaction and had thrown up for 24 hrs. The hospital never mentioned this to her & she was VERY upset about that. We both made every effort to STRESS to the anesthesiologist that I was very sensitive to Morphine & Codeine, however there was only so much that they could do! I guess I just had to tough through it again (same thing happened with my twins). But my husband & I were Very impressed that she just stopped by to check on me ;-) I think she is very knowledgeable, caring and always spent plenty of time with me.....highly recommend Dr. Gorski!

January 30th, 2012
This Dr saved my life and my baby.
Dr. Gorski and her staff are amazing. I was a 37 year old who just found out after 13 years since I had my son, I was going to have a baby. I was way out of control with my diabetes and from the very first time I saw her she made me feel like everything was going to be fine and took great care of me and my baby. I saw her up till the day before I had my C-I had a healty 6lb 6oz baby girl! What an amazing Dr she is and I would recommend her to anyone and everyone! Thank you Dr. Gorski!

January 6th, 2012
patient
not an office you want to go to if you are pregnant, nurses act as if they are doctors and cause you alot of anxiety and the dr isvery unprofessional, ...

December 23rd, 2011
Short with me, seemed like they just wanted money

November 21st, 2011
Had no major issues, would be treated by her again if necessary!
After I was diagnosed with diabetes in my first trimester, I was referred to her by my OB. Within the first visit, she insisted I visit with the diabetic nurse on a monthly basis to keep track of my blood sugar and I personally felt she made enough time for me if I had any questions or concerns. I admit, there my visits with her were short, but after being put to bed rest at St. Rose (which was down the street from her office) and seeing her go between 3 doctors offices AND the hospital to do rounds, I can understand her go!go!go! attitude and I can appreciate whatever time she did have for me. The staff at CMFM were amazing!! I have always felt welcomed by them and I wished the staff at Dr. Foster's office (my OB) was a friendly and accommodating at the staff at CMFM. I've never had to wait more than 10 minutes for my visit with Dr. Gorski or Jamie (the diabetic nurse) and after my sonograms, never had to wait more than 15 minutes (average about 10) for Dr. Gorksi. I would definitely keep Dr. Gorksi if I never get pregnant again and in need of her services. I did...however felt I had a connection with a different specialist who also works at CMFM and wished I had him instead from the beginning (just because he was very funny and friendlier. If he wasn't available, then I'd go back to Gorski!

July 29th, 2011
Poor Bedside Manner
Dr. Gorski is abrupt and always in a hurry. She never explains anything to me even after I ask questions and seems exasperated if I ask her to check something specific. She has never spent more than 2 minutes in the room with me and treats me like a number, not an individual. All of her recommendations to me have been based on the category I have been place in and not my specific case or needs. I will never see her again.

May 20th, 2010
high risk pregnancy
Dr. Gorski is an amazing doctor. She handled my tricky high risk pregnancy with ease and confidence. I have complete trust in her with my life and my babies lives.... this was my second pregnancy, the first was not attended to by Dr. Gorski, and i wish it had. She is a charming, sweet, sincerely caring human being, and made me feel like we were old friends, and that i was her only priority. I could not say anything but positive things about her and her staff... I highly recommend her!!!

January 20th, 2010
Awesome Attentive Doctor
Despite having trust issues with doctors, Dr. Gorski gained my confidence quickly. If more OBs were like her, I wouldn't be as worried about the ...